Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
• Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak native camera files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text (38 predefined styles)
• Curves - have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand - increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure - blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose - correct the pose of portraits based on three dimensional models
• Bug fixes for iOS 13.1
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Adding free form focus points!!!
I really love using this app to edit all my photos. I’m rating 4 stars, to possibly grab your attention on a few new suggestions to add into the apps editing features. First, I think adding a free form focus area in the Lens Blur instead of shapes would be AMAZING. Along with that adding the ability to not just have one focal point, but multiple focal pints, while still being able to blur out the background or things the editor doesn’t want the photo to focus on. Another new feature you should add to this app should be to have a onscreen convenient undo/redo buttons while using any tool in the app; that way the editor won’t have to continuously click in and out of the tool in order to make an alter to an edit or to fix a mistake. I realize there’s an erasing tool, but when you have much to edit and a list of other photos you plan to edit as well, it is time consuming; not to mention that many people using there fingers to edit will likely cause a mistake to worsen by using the eraser tool, which is well - another negative.
- Anyways I really do hope someone who can add these two features read my review, and will actually consider adding these two features. I guarantee it will make many people happy.
-Overall though, this photo editing app is AMAZING and I highly recommend using it!!!
Worked great, until it didn’t
I must start by saying that I love Snapseed. I have used it for several months taking inventory photos for my business and it has worked great for me, until it didn’t. I’m not sure what happened, if it update messed with the settings, or what. When I use the text filter it used to work great, now when I use it the words are so tiny that they are barely visible. I have googled everything I can to try to find a fix to this as well as searching within the settings of the app to see if I can change the text size, but with the exception of making the bubble that I’m putting the text in extremely large, I can find no other fix.
Also, I have edited hundreds of photos with Snapseed only to wake up one day and ALL of my photos are back to their unedited state. Thankfully I have most of them uploaded to my computer or I would have had to redo them all. Very disappointing.
I’m hoping any future updates to the app will fix this and the text functionality because until that happens this app is essentially useless to me and I love this app.
What happened to this app?!
Don’t be fooled by the positive reviews, they are outdated. For years Snapseed was my go to mobile editing app. It was the first app to support raw photos and generally just had a good selection of tools. A few years ago it was purchased by Google along with the rest of Nik software and I’m pretty sure they intentionally sabotaged it. This app is absolute garbage now! If you’re using it to edit your photos then you should know, even if they look alright to your eyes on your 2 inch screen, they are not. This app is destroying your images and you’ll never bring them back. It will muddy up all the detail in saturated areas, totally blow any highlights and bring noise in the shadows. It hasn’t been updated in years so forget using raw images from any newer cameras. It just creates a low res JPEG preview instead but gives no warning of that. Anything you bring into this app should be thrown out afterwards so you don’t ever mistake it for a decent file.
It’s really sad to see what Google did here and I don’t know why they didn’t just take it off the market if that’s what they wanted. At this point it’s doing a disservice to anybody who wants once relied on it or thought it was still a contender in the Mobile photo editing world.
Google obviously does some great things but they also do some very terrible things to their competition. This app and the people who depended on it fell victim to that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 95.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.