TAP is your ticket to ride transit in greater Los Angeles! It is accepted on 26 systems including LA Metro, providing a vast network of buses and trains.
- Make your travel safe and easy with touchless payment and card management.
- Add a new TAP card to your iPhone and Apple Watch and use your fare immediately.
- Use your iPhone (8 and above) and Apple Watch (Series 3 and above) to tap with Apple Pay when boarding a bus or train.
- Enjoy flexible payment options including credit/debit cards, account cash and Apple Pay.
- Purchase a transit pass or Stored Value for any agency in Los Angeles County.â€©
- Manage multiple cards in your TAP account (iPhone 5 and above).
- Add your TAP card to Apple Wallet, enable Express Transit and quickly tap and pay when you board. You don't even have to wake up your phone!
- Supports reduced fares for seniors, students, persons with disabilities and low-income riders.
- Transfer a TAP card in your account to your Apple Wallet and leave the plastic at home.
- Access multimodal programs such as Metro Bike Share.
- Use Trip Tools to plan trips, find nearby transit options, view real-time arrivals and save favorite destinations and stops.
- Enjoy the benefits of a TAP account, such as Balance Protection, card management, discounts, promotions, transaction history and friendly customer service.
- Accepted on 26 transit systems in LA County including:
Angels Flight Railway
Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA)
Baldwin Park Transit
Beach Cities Transit
Compton Renaissance Transit System
Glendora Transportation Division
Huntington Park Transit Unlimited
LA County Department of Public Works
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
Long Beach Transit
Montebello Bus Lines
Monterey Park Spirit Bus
Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority
Santa Clarita Transit
Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent! Could use more streamlining.
Great app I got TAP card into my Wallet in a couple minutes. Few things: it takes a lot of taps to replenish a TAP card, there is no option for single ride or round trip rides so you have to punch in $1.75 or $3.50, and lastly the app does not remember the last used payment (I use Apple Pay). Other than this I have no further complaints, I’m very happy LA has contactless virtual ticket vending as an option!
Easy to navigate
I mostly take L.A. Metro since I’m too lazy to drive , besides L.A. Metro, I take Montebello Bus Lines or Foothill Transit to get to my destination and TAP can easily help me manage money and passes. But now, it is more useful since I can just look at the app to manage the Stored Value instead of checking it at a Bus Station, Metro Rail, or logging in to the TAP website, the app makes it easier and faster for me to check if I have any money left or if I need to buy passes for the month, again, it is fast and easy to navigate
One of problem is that I can’t find any of the bus stops for Montebello Bus Lines on the map that they provided, same goes for google maps, I keep having to go on to their website and check when it is arriving, when I could easily look around on one map and see the connections and if I could make it to transfer to the other bus, instead of having to switch apps continuously, hopefully they will fix it
My last problem, which isn’t that big of a deal, is the inbound/outbound memo. I can’t tell which direction it is, for example, if the direction says Northbound/Southbound | Eastbound/Westbound, it would make it so much easier to understand
Other than these two problems, I have no problem navigating the app
Great Transit Payment App for LA!
It’s like having a ticket vending machine in your hand. It took me seconds to buy fare and get through the subway gates, while others were still waiting in line at the ticket vending machines. And I love the feature that I don’t have to wake up my phone to tap on any bus or train validator.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- 53.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.