Make payments in a snap!
SnapScan is a mobile payments app, providing South Africans with the most convenient way to securely pay with their phones. After installing the app load your bank card, add a secure pin or use fingerprint authentication and then scan a SnapScan QR code to make payments with your phone.
With SnapScan you can:
- Pay with your phone
- Shop in store and online
- Settle bills (via invoices and in-app)
- Make donations
- Buy electricity and airtime for you or a friend
- Send money to friends
- Load up to three cards (business or personal)
- Utilise the wallet option for budgeting
- See a list of previous transactions
- Authenticate your payments with a 4 digit pin, fingerprint or FaceID authentication.
What you need:
- A valid credit or eCommerce enabled debit card (SnapScan works with all South African banks and most international credit cards)
- A working South African cellphone number
- Our customer support team is here for you at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, or to sign up as a merchant, visit our website: www.snapscan.co.za
Powered by Standard Bank
- Various bug fixes to keep your app running smoothly
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app ! Love the simplicity!
This app works very well , I loved how I did not have to put in the amount and how it used my fingerprint !
But the reason I gave it a 3 Star is because I have to ask can’t you make it so that payments can be made via Apple Watch by hovering over a card machine that supports tap and go ?
It would make this app superior in every way !
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your feedback! We will definitely pass your suggestion on to our Dev Team.
Really great app!
I’m really loving this app! What a convenient, fuss free way to make payments, especially at markets and events.
I especially like the option of pre-loading your wallet. This has enabled to better manage my spend at work in relation to meals and snacks that I buy on a daily basis.
Been using it for a few years now and have had no problems whatsoever with it.
Love it but wish more merchants would sign up for the public to use to pay with.
Standard Bank must spend more and market it properly.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks so much! We're working on it :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.