Get fast access to Google Search with the new Google home screen widget built for iOS 14. The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen with the new Google widget built for iOS 14. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
• Google Lens — Search with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• Voice Search — Search conveniently and quickly using your voice, no typing needed.
• Incognito — Search in Incognito mode whenever you want. It’s always a tap away from the homescreen.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Just tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
New Search Window
The new window that pops up when you select a search result is ridiculous. It takes up more screen space and you are unable to select the url bar to search there like you could before. Instead, now you must return to the google search results page and type your query there instead. The page url still shows at the top of your screen, and selecting it copies the link instead of allowing you to modify it. This change significantly slows down search time and tab browsing time. Additionally, the back arrow from the top is now gone, leaving you with the back and forward arrows at the bottom, which do not have the same affect as the large back arrow that used to be present.
I like this app, I have never had much problems with it, if this change does not become optional or removed I will most likely be removing this app and looking for an alternative, as this change seriously diminishes the app’s usability.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! The product team is constantly working to improve the Search experience across all devices, so we'll be sure to pass this along for you.
Little accessibility - dark mode often unreadable
A lot of the new features with the update are well designed and settings are more accessible. But it doesn’t resolve the MAJOR accessibility issues with features more frequently used than settings. I like to have dark mode enabled in my OS across devices due to light sensitivity and attention/focus issues. Since the update, many sites are unreadable (dark grey text on black backgrounds!) or not even in dark mode. At first I thought it was random website issue but it’s actually chrome because I see it when searching or on googles main page. It also switches back and forth on google and the search bar at complete random. Googles website and search bar itself often has dark text and the search bar is bright white with odd colored text that’s hard to see. I’ve noticed this isn’t just a iOS problem either - it occurs on my Mac as well. I also struggle with cluttered web pages as it results in distraction and trouble reading. I have to flag google ads almost all the time in iOS because they block site content or aren’t in dark mode and the bright white blue
light is piercingly distracting. Not a problem on MacOS because of Ad blocker. I really don’t know what I would do if I had a more severe visual impairment. For now, I’ll play with app specific accessibility through my iOS. Google, get accessible please! We may seem like the minority now, but realization of neurologically-based diverse needs is the future.
Google - get rid of the blue pop up tips!!!
Have an issue and cannot find anyone at Google to help. Literally EVERY SINGLE time I am on Google on my iphone, these blue “tip” boxes pop up. They contain directions and/or explanations for VERY self explanatory buttons and things on the Google page. For example -I search something like “candy” and then on the results that come up there is an overview of the subject searched. Then there is a blue box that pops up and points to that overview button and says “tap here for summary and general info”. I’m not understanding why Google has to define/explain this button every time I search something. I know what overview means. Or I look up a restaurant and a box forms over the “order here” button on the result page and says “view menu and order food.” If these instructional pop ups only occurred once when I first used Google I would understand but every time I search something there are blue boxes all over the page speaking to me like I am dumb lol. Soooo unnecessary and so annoying. Trying to find a way to disable this but no one can give me any info. I’ve tweeted at them and they don’t answer, I’ve called apple who says it’s Google’s issue but no one cares. Have stopped using Google because of how annoying it is.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for reporting this issue. Can you please submit a feedback report and tell us a little bit more about what you're experiencing so we can investigate further? Open Google App > tap top right profile picture or initial > Help & feedback > Send feedback, this will help us ensure that this gets reviewed by the right team. Thank you!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 283.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.