Get the weather forecast in a beautiful and powerful app. See current and forecasted weather with a smart layout that updates as conditions change. And view precipitation, air quality, and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• See the most important weather information in a smart layout that adjusts to the current conditions.
• View daily forecasts for the next ten days, including color-coded bars displaying the high and low temperatures.
• Tap any module to reveal a deeper set of data such as hourly temperature and precipitation over the next ten days.
• Get notifications for severe weather events such as tornados, hurricanes, and flash floods so you can stay safe and prepared.
• View a chart that shows a minute‑by‑minute forecast of precipitation intensity over the next hour.
• Receive notifications when rain or snow is about to start or stop.
• See graphical representations of UV index, sunset, wind, and more.
• View animated precipitation maps to see the path of a storm and intensity of upcoming rain and snow.
• Explore air quality and temperature maps to see different conditions near you.
• Pan and zoom to view other areas of the map, or use the list to quickly navigate to other saved locations.
• Monitor air quality using a color-coded scale that displays the air quality level and category.
• Easily see if air quality is better or worse than yesterday.
• View air quality-related health recommendations.
More ways to view Weather
• Choose from a number of Weather complications to add to your lock screen.
• Add a Weather widget to your Lock Screen or your Home Screen to see the forecast at a glance, or select the Weather Lock Screen for a beautiful live representation of current weather conditions.
• Use the Weather app on Apple Watch to see the forecast, view a minute-by-minute precipitation chart, get information about severe weather events, monitor air quality and UV Index, and more.
• Customize your Watch Face with weather complications to see conditions at a glance.
• Ask Siri weather questions such as “What’s the weather like today?”, “How windy is it out there?” or “What time is sunrise in Paris?”
* Some features available for select countries or regions.
Ratings and Reviews
Rain Notification and Rain Radar
I have been using the Weather app since my first Apple 3GS all the way to my current Apple 12. It’s an amazing app but it has two problems: 1) Under settings, I have the “allow weather to access” - location set to Always. But the last time we had rain I never got my rain start or rain stop notification. If I gave Weather permission to always access my location, why did I not recieve a rain start or rain stop notification? 😡
2) In the precipitation map, the rain is illustrated by a range of color to show llight rain to heavy rain. When you hit the play button on the Next - Hour Forecast to show the movement of the rain. The graphics in this application are poor compared to the weather channel app. The weather channel app shows a Radar map with rain movement illustrated in a bright green for light rain, yellow for moderate rain and red for heavy rain. Apple needs to improve this with a new radar/ doppler map with better graphics. 🤔
I sent Apple a Report an Issue message using the app but I never heard from them. Maybe the right person will read this and fix it.
Where is the Dark Sky functionality?
After years of correcting my family and friends inaccurate weather forecasts because I was using Dark Sky and they were using the Weather App, I am now going to be forced to join them. Apple says the Dark Sky functionality has been combined into their app, but where is the hour by hour for future days and the ability to switch between temp, precip and wind? And where is the “rain starting (or ending) in x minutes” functionality? Dark Sky was popular with people who do outdoor activities, like cycling or water sports, because what matters is not just the chance of rain in a given day, but when it might happen. If I’m planning an outdoor activity, 50% rain chance on Saturday tells me almost nothing. If the rain is happening at 1 AM, I have nothing to worry about. If it’s predicted around midday, I might. The weather app, like not forecasting media, is designed to get you to keep coming back - the 50% chance means you’re refreshing constantly to see if it’s changed. Dark Sky is designed to help you make plans and stay safe (heavy rain starting in 35 minutes might give you time to get under cover before a thunderstorm) - and to time your activities (the rain chance is in the PM, I’ll go kayaking in the AM or the wind will pick up in the mid afternoon - perfect time to go sailing). Now I have to find some other weather app. Unless they keep their promise and bring over the functionality.
poor Ui and product ownership
Its unfortunate that a company has the ability to purchase a beautiful and premium utility based weather app like DarkSky which has am amazing user interface allowing you to easily view forecasts on a daily and hourly level many days ahead, view other stats hourly like wind speed, wind gusts and precipitation which is useful for safety reasons is you are on a great lake. Also UV, pressure and dew point also hourly. DarkSky also had a website where you could view weather as a globe and spin the globe seeing weather time lapsed so you can see things like the weather in siberia which in the winter usually is a 2 week prediction of northern us.
Apple bought DarkSky which was at DarkSkys launch by far the most revolutionary weather app years ahead of everyone. Apple took some of the technology and put the tech into the Apple weather app which needed it. Everyone who has user interface experience and any weather background knows it was needed improvements and had very little utility and looked cheap. But the new Apple weather still has so much farther to go and is a 1 compared to DarkSky currently which is a 8. Now Apple is turning off DarkSky which for me enables my safety. This was very disheartening news. apple should have gave DarkSky a rename and themed DarkSky as the Apple theme and turned off Apple weather. this where product manager failed and is creating a safety issue for me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.