FordPass includes features such as parking and gas station suggestions and vehicle controls.
With FordPass you can:
- Get vehicle health alerts. FordPass Connect™(1)-equipped vehicles can track fuel levels and get alerts when your Ford needs attention.
- Find parking ahead of time in select cities. Search for parking by point of interest, city or address.
- Call or chat with a friendly FordGuide.
- Access Roadside Assistance.
- Find: Easily discover gas stations, restaurants and more.
- Move: Start, stop, lock, unlock and schedule starts for vehicles with FordPass Connect™(1).
Vehicle Controls Available on:
2017: Ford Escape, F-150, Fusion
2018: Ford EcoSport, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, Fusion, Mustang
2019: Ford EcoSport, Edge, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, F-150, Fusion, Mustang, Ranger, Transit Connect
The FordPass app may use tracking technologies like cookies and pixels that collect information identifiable to your device to let us know that you downloaded FordPass and about how you use its features. We use this information to better understand, customize and improve your FordPass experience, determine which features you use, develop new features, and to manage our advertising.
Some tracking technologies on FordPass may allow third parties such as Facebook to collect or receive information from FordPass and other apps on your device to provide advertising services including helping us identify people like you that may be interested in our products and services and measuring the effectiveness of our ads. The technology may allow Facebook and other third parties to collect or receive this information even if you don’t have a direct relationship them (for example, Facebook may receive information about your use of FordPass even if you don’t have a Facebook account).
You may learn about how to opt-out of this kind of collection and use of information for your browser by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices , for your device by managing your settings, and for your social media accounts by managing your preferences in your account settings.
(1) FordPass Connect is an optional feature on select vehicles (SYNC Connect for 2017/2018 model year vehicles) and is required for certain remote features. Service on 2018 and prior model year vehicles includes a complimentary 5-year trial for remote features. Service for 2019 and later model year vehicles includes a complimentary 1-year trial for remote features. Excludes Wi-Fi hotspot, and starts with vehicle sales date (after which, fees apply). Connected service and related feature functionality is subject to compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks may affect functionality and availability, or continued provision of some features, prohibiting them from functioning. Certain restrictions, 3rd-party terms or message/data rates may apply.
Complimentary trial includes the following features:
• remote start/stop/lock/unlock
• scheduling a remote start
• vehicle status
• locating your vehicle where last parked
See your Dealer for complete trial details and other restrictions.
What’s New - 2.12.0
• Addition of helpful links you may need if your vehicle is in an accident - links for towing, transportation, and your network for help under "Collision Assistance".
• Various bug fixes & improvements
Keep feedback coming - Please let our Guides know any issues / features recommendations
Ratings and Reviews
Just bought a new Ford Escape and this app complements it perfectly. Works every time and I use it multiple times daily. No errors or issues Alexa at home integration works 100% of the time too. Remote start schedules work perfectly too. I do wish I could adjust heat/ac within the app. Maybe it’s available on other vehicles and not my SEL trim level. We use Ford Pass to keep our vehicle running while we leave our Great Dane in the vehicle on warm and cold days. Auto climate control ensures it stays one temperature. Built in WiFi allows us to stream a multiple wireless cameras while it runs on auto start mode to monitor him while we are away from the vehicle. The one-touch button to add more run time to the remote start feature is slick. We take our dog everywhere so this is why we mention these features. We have a dog divider to keep him behind front seats, use child locks to keep him from opening back doors and FordPass locks out the ability for him to roll down windows. After starting FordPass we turn on the radio for him cause he’s spoiled and then lock it with the app, add time to auto start and walk away. I also got a notification in FordPass for a sensor fault and alarm went off notification which I thought was great as well. The sensor fault was due to 6” of snow on vehicle and the alarm notification was due to me exiting vehicle after using FordPass to remote start the suv. Neat stuff.
Doesn't work consistently
For some fun reason, my car started and ran through a quarter of a tank of gas Wednesday. I had a phone call and the phone offered to connect to my Ford, so I looked at the app and it gave me the option to "Start Engine", so I decided it was a fluke and my car was not, in fact, powered on. I walked out for lunch and did not Start the vehicle remotely and there it sat, running. My gas tank confirmed it had been on quite a while, but the app still showed the engine was not started. What if it had been the middle of the night and in my garage? This is incredibly dangerous!!! I don't have a key fob that turns the car in- this app is the *only* way I can remote turn the car on. What is going on? Also, why is my phone STILL trying to connect to my car that is not engaged in any way?
Honestly, I thought the app was fantastic. I loved the cool features and options, but this is really dangerous. Also, at least two days a week, I've logged in to see that the app was down and being worked on. I'm okay worth fixing the horrible mistakes the app has seen this well, but I'm starting to wonder if this will ever get completely fixed.
I really love this app, when it works. If you need top take it down a WEEK to get it working, do it, but please fix it.
Get it together
Up until recently I would have given this app 5+ stars... it used to work perfectly every time. In the last month there have been “maintenance in progress” for days on end, depending on what guide you talk to, they don’t know what to say except what is on their script. Once in a while you’ll get someone who is actually knowledgeable and helpful. Or no one answers ( waited for 15 minutes before hanging up) , this in and of itself is unacceptable! Now in the last month it seems it takes forever for the app to load up, or it doesn’t recognize your log in, or it takes forever to start or it doesn’t start at all! I understand the need for maintenance and updates but this is getting ridiculous!! I’m very tech savvy and work as a sales consultant for Ford and I can tell you this is making us look bad especially when you tell your customer that it comes with remote start they can start from virtually anywhere. Now, they are upset because they miss their keyfob remote start because at least with that it was reliable. Customers are NOT happy about this. Get your act together because I know legitimately I know this is a great app when it works consistently! You want everyone to set up their FordPass account and start charging for the use the convenience of remote starting, locking, and unlocking, their vehicles but you can’t even keep the app working or respond promptly when your app is down!
- Ford Motor Company
- 272.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ford Motor Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.