The Google app keeps you in the know about things that matter to you. Find quick answers, explore your interests, and stay up to date with Discover. The more you use the Google app, the better it gets.
Search and browse:
• Nearby shops and restaurants
• Live sports scores and schedules
• Movies times, casts, and reviews
• Videos and images
• News, stock information, and more
• Anything you’d find on the web
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you
• Start your morning with weather and top news
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results
More ways to access Google:
• Google Lens — Search what you see with your camera, copy and translate text, find similar apparel, identify plants and animals, scan QR codes and more.
• iMessage extension — Search and share restaurants, GIFs, and more, without leaving your conversation.
• Search Google extension — While browsing in Safari, you can share a web page with Google to see suggestions for related content—no need to type anything new in the search box. Tap on the Search Google icon from Safari’s share menu to get started.
• Gboard — access Google Search, right from your keyboard. Gboard is a keyboard that lets you search and send information, GIFs, emoji, and more—right from your keyboard, in any app. Tap “Gboard” in your app settings to get started.
• Trending on Google widget — find out what’s trending in your area with our Trending on Google widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
We are always working to make the app faster and more stable. If you are enjoying the app, please consider leaving a review or rating!
Ratings and Reviews
Easy To Use
Love the app. It is easy to use and incredibly smart, with a great voice detection and intuitive results. I love how it's even offered, what I mean is you can get chrome in an app and it's more like a full internet page/provider and has all the bells and whistles but is a little more cumbersome to use (nothing wrong with that because it's a full web port), anyway it's like a full Survace provider and I use it for more detail "web trips" and task. Which makes this app more of a quick and really efficient "quick search" portal when I have a Curiosity or restaurant info as walking downtown and deciding on a whim to try a new restaurant, or even watching a show on TV or my favorite news program in the morning and one a quick answer to something.
Bottom line, it's just a really cool and useful app that I regularly use everyday for a lot of daily task and quick info.
I liked this app, not so much now
This was a great app, and I used it frequently to search for anything I needed to know quickly. Now, with the new updates, it’s made it harder for me to look up my recent search history and redirects me to all these webpages I looked at. I don’t want to to see that, I just want to know the term I searched and then decide what pages I want to look at. I wish it would just go back to how it was originally. It seems with every update, the app just because less and less efficient. It was fine, then the updates made it worse. It’s harder to eliminate pages that I’m not interested in from the stories section. Before, I could just swipe and the page/ topic wouldn’t be recommended to me anymore. If it’s working, why does it need to be fixed?
Now, when I delete my history it deletes all my recent app history as well. It never did that before. I lost all my recent searches. I also don’t understand why it only saves some of the app’s search history and not others. This only started happening when the app was “updated”. This update is even more terrible than I thought.
I have loved Google and have used it exclusively for years. I find it’s search results are much more.....cleaner if u will. Idk I can’t stand Bing etc and the first thing I do when I get a new IPhone is download google. I DO have to say they MUST do a better job w security. Idk much abt all of that stuff & won’t claim to, BUT I do know I have recently been hacked and my account was “Frozen” n I had to call this # to speak w someone from Microsoft etc n it was all a SCAM. The next day my feed came up w an article abt how google missed the boat on security and how thousands (+) of ppl were being hacked bc of something google did or didn’t do....etc. They said it was a specific weakness if u have and use google...I won’t lie I switched to bing after it all happened. I only lasted using that a day or two b4 I had to come bck to google. To me it’s the best. I will be much more careful tho from now on 🤷🏻♀️
- Google LLC
- 214 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.