Download the new Google Chrome for your iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever. Get the best of Google Search, and easily sync your bookmarks and passwords with Chrome on your laptop. Download the fast, secure browser recommended by Google.
NEW - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as default. All web links will automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built in. Search and get answers on Google fast.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browse previously-visited websites.
• SEARCH FROM YOUR HOME SCREEN - Access Chrome from your iOS home screen with the new widget.
• SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• STORE PASSWORDS & PAYMENT METHODS - Chrome can save your passwords and payment information, and automatically fill them into forms when you need them.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• MANAGE TABS EASILY - See all your tabs in a single view and easily organize them into groups.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. You’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
• SAVE YOUR SITES - Save pages for later with bookmarks in Chrome.
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• On your device, view the Desktop version of sites by default. Go to Settings > Content Settings > Set Default Site Mode to "Desktop."
• Stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Stop changing orientations
Seems like every update changes how stuff works; from how far you can zoom in to now it goes sideways up and down and won’t hide the site it’s from and “related” stuff in a non obstructive way. We don’t need constant layout changes and it’d save everyone a lot of effort to stop shaking it up. Pls return it to pre 5 days ago/pre last update. Edit: seems like you guys quickly changed it back how it should be so good on you though I suspect it wasn’t just me lighting the fire under you guys. Later edit:things are good but i really wish you would allow tabs with music to play in another tab for example I’m reading a fanfic right now where the silent hill siren would really be similar and as is I can’t have that tab playing while being in the tab reading it; but on laptop it does allow this would be 5/5 stars if you guys added and then also kept that feature from pc to mobile and I’m sure it probably wouldn’t even be much or any extra work to import over.
Glaring deficiencies with a decent interface
The lack of extension support in this browser is too glaring to overlook. Every other browser supports extensions allowing ad blockers, password managers and dark mode apps to be supported along with the myriad other things extensions do. I used to love chrome and be able to overlook this for a quality browser but the competition is simply better now. The browser is not worth using over the safari browser and if you’re going to install a new one use a better alternative like Firefox. Some of the options in the menus most frequently used are hard to get to like the text search (which is almost hidden since it’s hard to figure out you need to scroll the menu it’s on.)
Support for multiple google accounts is not handled very well either. Ie clicking a calendar event link in a work Gmail opens my personal gmail calendar instead of the same account the email was sent to. Changing accounts at the top opens a blank calendar window without the event and opening it again still opens the personal email.
Personally not having a dark mode enforcement option that can easily be toggled and is robust is a complete deal breaker when I can easily get that feature in safari. (Digging through experimental settings for a half baked feature toggle that isn’t smart enough to handle not inverting things does qualify)
No Dev Tools Limits This App
This app is wonderful for use anywhere you’re roaming, what with syncing data and keeping bookmarks organized between devices. That’s honestly not difficult; the difficult stuff, however, is what I need for this and other mobile browser apps to perform, like dropping a cached file with greater ease or refreshing a simple update on a style sheet. The fact this and other browser apps don’t extend developer tools to their mobile apps is a MAJOR series of demerits that takes what COULD be a four or five-star app and significantly diminishes it. If you’re not a developer, it won’t matter to you, but I’ve grown EXHAUSTED with constantly wiping EVERYTHING to to get a minor refresh, and shame on Google for not making strides — 15 years into the mobile revolution — to make that feature a part of this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 179.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.