Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice, and easily read webpages in any language.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
• Location: Needed to personalize websites and search suggestions based on your device’s location
• Photos: Needed to save and download photos to your device
• Microphone: Needed to search by voice
• Camera: Needed to upload images from the camera to websites and to scan QR codes
• Bluetooth Sharing: Needed to find Physical Web devices
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• Stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
No Dev Tools Limits This App
This app is wonderful for use anywhere you’re roaming, what with syncing data and keeping bookmarks organized between devices. That’s honestly not difficult; the difficult stuff, however, is what I need for this and other mobile browser apps to perform, like dropping a cached file with greater ease or refreshing a simple update on a style sheet. The fact this and other browser apps don’t extend developer tools to their mobile apps is a MAJOR series of demerits that takes what COULD be a four or five-star app and significantly diminishes it. If you’re not a developer, it won’t matter to you, but I’ve grown EXHAUSTED with constantly wiping EVERYTHING to to get a minor refresh, and shame on Google for not making strides — 15 years into the mobile revolution — to make that feature a part of this app.
Great browser, but terrible release update process
When you open up the browser, after it not being up for awhile, it will open a new tab. Want to turn it off, good luck. It won’t be in the settings and they don’t make it clear what is going on. A web search will bring up all kinds of “you may have been hacked”. But, it’s a “feature” that they added.
Turn it off by going to chrome://flags and search for “start surface” and disable that. Pretty straight forward, huh? Yeah, I didn’t think so, either. Super disappointing. Most of the iOS browsers have added this “feature” and they were all quickly disabled. But, Chrome didn’t make finding the way to turn the stupid thing off easy.
I hope reviews like this remind them that this is a great browser, but a lot of that is because it’s fast and easy to setup to operate as expected. A major and very annoying change, that replicates a spam “new tab” experience from the early browser days…as a feature…that’s not easy to find a way to turn it off? Just feels like a bad idea to me, but I’ll let my rating do the talking.
Google Needs to Put Desktop Chrome on the iPad
I use Chrome on windows and Mac for work every day. Like most people, I cycle frequently between various tabs and windows, use my bookmark bar frequently (can’t do on this), use tab groups to sort multiple tabs (can’t do), and use Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets almost constantly (limited and honestly counterproductive).
The current iteration of Chrome seems like they designed it with only the iPhone in mind. By default it loads the mobile web pages, limits the ability to zoom in and out (especially in Google drive), and for Google’s own Gmail it forces you to use a mobile version that looks to be from 2008. It’s horrendous that Google’s flagship browser is quantifiable the worst iPadOS browser to use their own web apps and GSuite with.
This app could be improved so much if they integrated Sync profiles (like they have for Windows and Mac), proper zoom scaling for Google Drive, and a bookmarks bar. Those three changes would make Chrome on the iPad Pro a serious powerhouse. If I could do those things, this review would easily be 4-5 stars.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 141.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.