Notes is the best place to jot down quick thoughts or to save longer notes filled with checklists, images, web links, scanned documents, handwritten notes, or sketches. And with iCloud, it’s easy to keep all your devices in sync, so you’ll always have your notes with you.
• Top Hits help you find your most relevant search results, and it’s now also easier to see your results when searching for attachments.
• Use shape recognition as you draw lines, arcs and shapes, including hearts, stars and arrows. Pause slightly at the end, and your shape snaps into a perfect one.
• New actions menu puts key actions like locking, scanning, pinning, and deleting at your fingertips.
• Document scanning has been enhanced to capture sharper scans with more precise autocropping.
• With quick styles you can quickly change the style of text, by touching and holding the Aa button.
• Collaborate on entire shared folders or on specific shared notes. Everyone who joins will see the latest changes. Choose View-only when you want others to see but not change the list.
• Add checklists to your notes to make a grocery list, a wish list, or a to-do list, then tap to check off items as you go.
• Easily scan paper documents into your notes with the built-in document scanner.
• Secure the notes that hold your most personal data with a password, and unlock them with a fingerprint or even Face ID.
• Quickly add photos to a note using the camera or photo library.
• Apply different text styles, such as heading or body, to quickly format text, insert a bulleted, dashed or numbered list, and more.
• Add attachments — maps, web links, documents, and more — to new or existing notes by using the Share menu in Maps, Safari, and many other apps.
• Add tables to your notes to quickly organize information.
• Use your finger, or Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad, to sketch right in your note, choosing from a variety of brush styles and colors.
• You can add lines and grids to notes, for even easier writing and drawing using your Apple Pencil and compatible iPad.
• Gallery view shows your notes as visual thumbnails, making it easier than ever to quickly navigate to the note you’re looking for.
• Use search to quickly find the note you're looking for. You can search for text in notes, your handwriting, and even text inside scanned documents like receipts or bills.
• Organize your notes by creating folders and subfolders, and changing the preferred sorting within each.
• Start new notes instantly from the iPad lock screen without having to log in to your device. Just tap the iPad lock screen with your Apple Pencil on a compatible iPad or tap New Note in Control Center.
• Use the attachment browser to find an attachment, such as documents, scans, photos, etc, inside your notes.
• Use iCloud to keep all your notes stored securely in the cloud and updated everywhere. Jot down a note on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and it will instantly be available on your other devices.
Certain features are available only in select languages and regions.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.