Quickly and easily connect and control your smart home devices through SmartThings.
SmartThings is compatible with 100s of smart home brands. So, you can control all of your smart home gadgets in one place, including your Samsung Smart TV and smart home appliances.
With SmartThings, you can connect, monitor and control multiple smart home devices quicker and easier. Connect your Samsung smart TVs, smart appliances, smart speakers and brands like Ring, Nest and Philips Hue - all from one app.
Then control your smart devices using voice assistants including Google Assistant
- Control and check in on your home from wherever you are
- Connect your smart devices across many different brands to work together by setting ‘scenes’
- Build routines that are set on time, weather, and device status, so your home runs smoothly in the background
- Allow shared control by giving access to other users
- Receive status updates about your devices with automated notifications
- Talk to your devices using Google Assistant
- Track, monitor and save money on energy with SmartThings Energy. See how much your home and compatible Samsung devices cost to run, and try various energy saving features, such as AI saving mode, or schedule devices to run during off peak hours.
- Receive recipe recommendations by scanning meal kits, wine, and meat. Plan, shop and prep meals with the help of SmartThings Cooking
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
Some mobile devices may not be supported.
- iOS 13.0 or later / iPhone 6s or later / iPad mini 4 or later
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
[Required access permissions]
• Bluetooth : Find nearby devices using Bluetooth or BLE.
• Microphone: Used to set up ultrasonic sensor-equipped devices
[Optional access permissions]
• Camera: Scan QR codes.
• Location: Automate actions using GPS. (GPS is optional.)
Find Wi-Fi information to add device in iOS 13 or later.
• Contacts: Verify user information that will be delivered while sending SMS.
In order to provide you with better service, some features have been improved in the new version.
- If a product connected to SmartThings is disconnected, the user can diagnose the basic usage environment themselves, then receive information on countermeasures. Some newer products can connect directly to a product, diagnose the cause of the disconnection in detail, and give you information on how to recover it.
- You can use the index scroll bar on the right side of the screen in “Search By brand” in “Add device”, and it is now easier to connect to SmartThings Hub or connect an account.
Ratings and Reviews
Fixed my issue with alarm notifications and appreciate the other improvements made with the April release. Thanks.
In most part I’m 100% in agreement with the previous review about the new Feb 2019 update. However, once I changed(Reorder) the home page, I do not have the issue with my home page resetting back to the default after I close the app & then reopen it on my iOS device. And who uses the term “Reorder” to to identify the procedure to rearrange, edit or manage the home screen? I originally thought it was for reordering of more devices. I do agree there is too much wasted space and would prefer the information being a little more condensed vs. having to scroll down the page. And, I also agree with the alerts/alarms. I’ve checked my settings numerous times, but if my iPhone is locked or if I do not have the App open, I do not receive /hear any notification from the App of a sensor being tripped. Notification can be resolved with IFTTT but would think the App itself would be able to provide that notification. I would the ability to remove a room from the home page, but have yet to find a way to do so. I do appreciate the improvements that Samsung made in an effort to improve the App and suspect there is a learning curve on my part, but I would like the user to have the capability/flexibility to manage their home screen the way the user wants it vs how Samsung thinks it should be.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will take this as feedback. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the concerns regarding the SmartThings app with detailed description for assistance.
Much better but I am having issues with some app integrations. like smart life and Meross.
Update (8/1/20): Emailed and also called and spoke with someone at SmartThings to try to solve my issue with the device integrations. SmartThings customer service were very easy to contact and where very kind and helpful. They tried to help as best as they could but it appears that not many Smart Life app devices are currently compatible. Hopefully this will change in the near future. Meross said and SmartThings confirmed that they are working to improve their integrations in the coming weeks so hopefully my issue of not being able to turn on device in SmartThings will be resolved soon. Tp Link Kasa app and Bond app integrations with those devices are working great! So, in short I believe SmartThings developers are working hard to improve the app integrations and experience which I really appreciate. They have also been very responsive and easy to contact for help. I just received a reply to this review as well which is also why I am adding a star to my review. I will add the fifth star once I am able to fully integrate my smart home in the SmartThings app! Thank you SmartThings for continuing to work to improve your app and the customer experience.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad that you like our app and we would like to inform you that we are working on adding many more use cases and devices to the new app. You can keep updating the app for the latest updates in the app and contact us for any queries anytime.
Please feel free to contact us by clicking on menu then contact/help then report a problem. Thanks!
Removed functionality without notice!
In 2017 I purchased 2 multi-purpose sensors. They were great on garage doors. Once connected to the hub, it was less than 30 seconds to attach to a garage door and they did a great job of indicating the door was open when horizontal and closed when vertical. No more wondering “did the door close?”, a notification indicated closed and was part of my security system to indicate someone had opened the door. Sometime in January 2020 the app made the sensor a bi-purpose sensor only. No warning or notification! The tilt function removed! I went back to the classic app at suggestion of Samsung support (very time-consuming as I had to reset the hub and then had to completely re-add ALL sensors/lights etc... to BOTH apps!). No tilt in old app either. I attempted to connect one sensor as a contact sensor but with the rails and wheels, this was very difficult (the WHOLE reason the tilt function was so great!). Also once it was installed as a contact sensor, it only took one opening of the garage door to knock the magnet off somewhere along the path and jam the door! I’ve spent at least an hour re-doing both apps and reinstalling a sensor and still have no solution! I reluctantly give 2 stars because it was a great, simple solution for 2 years. I suppose if I buy a newer version of the multipurpose sensor it might work?!??! NOT going to keep buying sensors and I have guarantee that will even work and for how long?
Developer Response ,
Hi! The option has been removed from the Classic app. But we are constantly working on to add more features in the new app in the upcoming update. I have forwarded this review to R&D. Hope you will be seeing this feature in the upcoming update of the new app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- 555.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd