Welcome to the reimagined United app.
Our refreshed app offers a more robust and dynamic experience, giving you access to personalized information throughout your journey – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
Explore new features
- Thanks to a redesigned home screen, the United app gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information. At the bottom of the screen, a streamlined navigation bar will help you find the app’s most popular features. Other enhancements also include a “My Trips” section where you can find upcoming active trips, a “My Profile” section with your account information and a brand-new inbox that stores travel notifications.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money or award miles.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
Earn award miles with MileagePlus
- Enroll in MileagePlus® and earn miles with MileagePlus programs. You can use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Big news--we have a new mobile boarding pass! On top of the new streamlined design, you’ll also now find terminal info. Additional enhancements in this release include:
• View boarding end time for your flight on the home screen after boarding has started
• Get a heads up if you haven’t picked a seat or if another seat is available for you to switch
• Pick seats on flights operated by ANA while booking or managing your reservation
• Save route searches while booking and see updates on prices in your Today view
• Bug fixes (including issues around connecting to Personal Device Entertainment onboard)
Ratings and Reviews
Once was loyal
I have been a loyal customer of United over the last 20 years and have amassed almost 2 million lifetime miles with United. However over the last several years under current leadership the airline has shown that they really don’t care about loyal travelers, they only care about amassing more revenue. From changes several years ago to a revenue based system for accruing miles to the rapid explosion of how difficult it is now to earn status (its not any more about miles travelled its about how much you spend on those tickets of course minus taxes, minus their confounding service charges and so on) and then if one is able to earn their status and get mileage coupons then it is almost impossible to spend their global upgrades because your ticket has to have a certain booking class that they now greedily protect. United used to be a fantastic airline that recognized and rewarded loyalty. Not anymore. So I have moved on from United. Since I have so many miles with them, I’m not ready to kick them to the curb entirely but I am building loyalty with another airline that retains at least a semblance of respect for travelers who might not have loads of money but who for their career must travel often. Sorry to have to write this review but this is an airline that has fallen far.
Not so good customer service
My daughter was set to leave on a study abroad trip going from Arkansas to Berlin, Germany. When we arrived at the airport this morning we were informed that first leg of the flight (Arkansas to Chicago) was delayed due to mechanical issues and the delay would cause her to miss her connecting flight in Chicago. We worked with the attendant at the desk to rebook the flight which was a muttled process of its own. They originally told us that my daughters portion of the flight that would take her to Germany that they would book her a seat upgrade due to inconvenience. Then when they rebooked the flight they said they could not do the seat upgrade because seats were available in Coach. That was poor customer service. Also, nothing else was offered. It’s one thing if you have an hour or two flight and issues happen and there’s not much the airline can do. When you 21 year old daughter is traveling internationally for the first time and the planes mechanical issues derails the whole thing, it’s a bad look to not try and do something to make it right. There were better seats available and they could have at least done that. We have not flown United in quite some time due to some past customer service issues and this just puts it over the top. Customer service needs to be better and it just seems to be going by the wayside these days. I’m also writing this review and question if it will even be read much less addressed.
Delays and cancels, Excuses and lies
11 delays on our flight down from Sioux Falls to San Fran for a memorial service of a friend who passed away. Then they cancelled after midnight. Sent a crew from San Fran to pick us up but they ‘went illegal’ the ticket agent said. Did not put us up in a hotel and had to sleep on a chair in the airport.
Then had to switch airlines just to get a flight out then next day.
ON THE RETURN FLIGHT days later they started the delays before we even got to the airport. Went right to customer service when we found out this would make us miss our connecting flight. They said they booked us on the first flight out in the morning, but that was a lie. When we got back to the Denver airport they had not booked us and we were just on stand by for the next night. They did put us up in a hotel that smelled like skunks, after waiting for 2 hours to get to it. Ended up losing 2 full days in the airports because of United. This was our first and definitely the last experience we will ever have with them. Nothing but excuse after excuse, from maintenance, mechanical, fuel spill, you name it. Also said it was weather related but there was blue sky where we were flying into. When I told the ticket agent that excuses are one thing but lying about booking us on other flights are another, she got up and walked off. Wasn’t mean with her, just flat exhausted and at my end. Just stated a fact in a calm, quiet voice. Never, never, never again.
- United Air Lines
- 195 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.