The Express Plus Medicare mobile app makes it easier for you to do your Medicare business online.
Use the app to do a range of things 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With the app you can:
• submit Medicare claims
• update your bank account details and contact information
• order a replacement or duplicate Medicare card
• view a digital copy of your Medicare card details and current card members
• view, download, print or email your Medicare Claims History Statements for the last 3 years
• view your Medicare Safety Net balance
• register or change your organ donation decision
• view a digital copy or request a new organ donor card
• view, download, print or email immunisation history statements for:
- your child under the age of 14
• locate a service centre.
Set up the app
You need a myGov account linked to Medicare to use the app.
If you need help creating a myGov account or linking Medicare, go to humanservices.gov.au/onlineguides
To use the app, sign in with your myGov username, password and secret answer and create a 4-digit PIN. You’ll then use this PIN to sign in to your app in the future.
Once you set up a PIN for the Express Plus Medicare mobile app, if you already have the Express Plus Child Support mobile app, your Medicare PIN will work for both apps. If you choose to reset your PIN for either app, your new PIN will also apply to the other app.
Updates in version 2.0.4:
- added Profile to services menu on Home screen
- fixed an issue that some users experienced when trying to log in
- other bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Two stars is me being generous when having had to select a new PIN number (thanks) and tried to login for the first time with it I get told *twice* that my login has timed out - iPhone XR with current (12.3.1) software so it’s not that...
Please update the App to use Face / Touch ID, ask for some advice in general around application design / stability from the team behind the Service NSW App - and then take the advice!
Super easy to use
Used the Medicare Express App after a very long time and was pleasantly surprised with the ease of use. Don’t remember it being so easy when I first used it a while back when it first came out. It took me no more than 2 minutes to submit the claim. Amazing customer experience when you compare it with waiting in the queue at the shop front.
App lags and freezes
App was working fine when I first downloaded it but every time I tried to log in thereafter, it kept freezing on the login screen. Very frustrasting.
Everything else about the app is easy to to use and straightforward when it does work but it’s very slow and glitchy.
- Australian Government Department of Human Services
- 30.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Department of Human Services
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.