The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
- Switch between multiple accounts
- Receive notifications about new mail fast, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
- Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
- Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
- Organise your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
Get more done with Gmail!
• Send messages using confidential mode. Confidential mode allows you to remove the option to forward, copy, download or print messages. You can also make a message expire after a set period of time to help you stay in control of your information.
Ratings and Reviews
Notif bubble broken
Really good apart from the fact that the notifications bubble won’t reset and disappear after you’ve opened a new email. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled, it’ll be fine til I get a new email and then the bubble will never go away, always saying I have a new email when I don’t. I’ve done everything from completely changing the notifications in the app to primary only and disabling notifications all together hoping that when I turn them back on it’ll have been enough to reset it, it didn’t work. Nor did restarting my phone. I know it’s just a little thing but it’s made me miss emails because I’ve assumed it was the bug when it wasn’t and it continuously tricks me into thinking I have a new email that I don’t.
Please please fix this, thanks x
Can’t attach files
It’s pretty irritating that I have to use another email app just to attach files properly. Gmail only allows you to attach a link to a file in google drive, which isn’t acknowledged by most email support systems. It’s also irritating having to change the permissions of files in google drive to be accessible by anyone with the link because not everyone has a gmail account.
You can’t even attach files from local files, iCloud, Dropbox or any other cloud storage. And yeah, I’m aware you can go to the file on iCloud and share via email, but that doesn’t allow you to reply to an existing email or send multiple attachments.
Pretty crappy experience for the most basic of email functions.
The main reason I continue to use the app as my primary personal email client is that it sorts my incoming email into three folders very well and this is consistent with the gmail web version (which isn’t the case when you use a third party app, like spark).
Overall a great app. Really clean design, fast, and smooth UX. Love the new “All Inboxes” (aka unified) feature. Just one more feature I would like to see: More control over signatures.
I can’t see/edit my signature on a per-email basis; instead Gmail auto-inserts it after the email is sent. Unfortunately this adds unwanted formatting. Also, when replying my signature is added at the very bottom of the email instead of directly under my most recent message. I’d really like the Gmail web client feature “insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the — line that precedes it” to be available in this app, and for the signature to be inserted into the message body as soon as I compose a new email/reply instead of being automatically inserted after the email is sent.
- Google LLC
- 184.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.