Create, edit, and collaborate on online documents with the Google Docs app.
Work together in real time
• Share documents with your team
• Edit, comment, and add action items in real time
• Never lose changes or previous versions of your document with version history
Create anywhere, anytime—even offline
• Capture spontaneous ideas on the fly
• Get things done, even on the go, with offline mode
• Save time and add polish with easy-to-use templates
Search Google right in Docs
• Use Google Search without leaving your document
• Search the web and your files in Drive, right from Docs
Edit and share multiple file types
• Open a variety of files, including Microsoft Word files, right in Google Docs
• Frictionless collaboration, no matter which application your teammates use
• Convert and export files seamlessly
Google Docs is part of Google Workspace: where teams of any size can chat, create, and collaborate.
Google Workspace subscribers have access to additional Google Docs features, including:
• Working in a single document with teammates or people outside your company. See edits as others type, communicate through built-in chat, and leave feedback through comments and suggestions
• Importing your documents to make them instantly editable, including Microsoft® Word and PDF files. Export your work in .docx, .pdf, .odt, .rtf, .txt or .html format
• Unlimited version history. Track changes made to your documents and undo anything you choose.
• Working across devices, with or without Internet
Camera: This is used to take photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Always have those documents you need
With this, the hassle of not having documents in the right 'place' is over. Other apps I've tried are costly, require accounts or constant internet access to work. Plus, emailing everything back and forth just gets so tiresome - especially with limited internet. So I have always ended up coming back to this app.
I've found it works well with both a computer and tablet, working with word files throughout the day. The accessibility is so freeing. I can write whenever, wherever I want now.
However, I would definitely like to see more formatting options eventually being put in place. Also, I've found that you can't go back to a previous form of the document which has, on occasion, caused problem but nothing too major.
Quality of life changes
No major complaints so far but a little quality of life changes could make this a bit better: (i am using an iPad to use Google Docs) Please make the option to toggle the print layout either completely on or off. What I mean is that when I open a document it always has print layout off, and when I turn it on, it will turn off automatically once I exit the Doc. I personally like the print layout toggle to be on by default as I can see when a page ends which is useful when I want to export a doc in PDF format. It is just a bit tedious having to constantly toggle the Print Layout function. Secondly, there should be a display for page number when I am in Print layout mode. There should be an option to display a word count somewhere in the screen (preferably at the bottom) because it is very tedious on an iPad to constantly check the word count (especially when we have character based assignments) when we don’t have shortcuts.
I am struggling to use this app on iPhone 6S. The app crashes when trying to open a document and when it does open, the pages are black and unreadable.
When typing the pages seem to jump all over the place and the font changes for no reason. This constant movement of the pages induces nausea.
There is a lag between pressing a letter on the phone keyboard and the letters/words appearing on the page.
Renaming a file is a struggle with having to make a copy of the file and then rename it, editing just seems to be all over the place and I was thinking of moving to docs instead of word but would need to be able to rely on using docs before making the switch.
Hope the developers read this and sort the problems.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 269.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.