Need to transport large items that won’t fit in the car, or simply need a vehicle for just an hour or two? Look no further with Hertz 24/7. Our cars and vans are ready and waiting for you – available to hire from convenient locations in your neighbourhood.
With our Hertz 24/7 IPhone App you can book a car or van anytime while on the go. A few minutes before your rental starts, you’ll receive a PIN code to unlock the vehicle. Just book, unlock and drive.
Wherever you are, a Hertz 24/7 vehicle is not too far away, so you can pick up at any hour, any day, any location. Need to make a last minute change to your reservation or update your account information? Hertz 24/7 is at your fingertips. Save time reserving a vehicle by adding your favourite locations to your profile.
• A number of bugs have been fixed
Ratings and Reviews
So easy to do and great daily rates
This is such an easy way to rent a van, you book and join, no membership fee, when you are a member you can book at any location regardless if you are shopping there or not. Lots of useful information in the vans, and you can pay for one hour or there is a great daily rate , the app also smart unlocks the newer vans,
Good App - fix a couple of things though
I support what Hertz is trying to do and the app is well presented. However:
1. I wasn’t able to book with my business card nor my first preferred personal card because the ‘server did not recognise the name.’ This is frustrating and means I now have to invoice my business personally which means additional admin. Ideally, there would be a button or phone number on the card details page that we could call in order to give our card details the old fashioned way should tech fail us.
2. It took me an age to work out how to sign up to the scheme. There are plenty of login options, but no obvious register options. Neither on the website or on the Apple app. Instead you have to press ‘start’ in the app to find a vehicle and then you get the option to create an account. Ideally, there would be an option to ‘register’ at the login tab so that simpletons like me don’t get frustrated.
Fix these things and it will be a wonderful app.
I acknowledge that writing this review has wasted more of my time, but I do feel that I have vented enough frustration in writing this so as to restore my ‘zen.’ This will means I’m now calm enough to carry on with work!
Great idea, but availability not so easy to identify
Hertz hourly rental is great, but using both web version or the apple store app is clunky when it comes to seeing availability of vans. The web app has a colour coded slider, but it shows availability as clear on the slider but often you select a clear area and it says unavailable.
Also, the web advises that local sites like B&Q are closed on a Saturday from 4pm but I know it stays open (including the car park) until at least 8pm on a Saturday, so Hertz are missing out on bookings I think as app advises you cannot book unless the van is back by 4pm. 😕
The app does not give any slider option that I can see, so you just have to guess and keep trying until it shows you an available van. Quite inefficient and some people probably just give up.
If the app does have the facility, I cannot find it, so it is not that obvious as I’m quite familiar with app based availability tools. 🛠
If the availability side of things was sorted it would be a pleasure to use. The rest of the app and website is well payed out and user friendly.
Hope you can sort it Hertz! 😉
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Sensitive Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Hertz Corporation
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Hertz Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.