Make the most of the 2019 Apple Worldwide Developers Conference with the WWDC app. Even if you can’t join us in San Jose, you can still follow along each day on iOS and tvOS, and watch videos on demand throughout the year. And because the WWDC app experience extends to Apple Watch, favorite session information is available right on your wrist.
• Watch live streamed sessions on iOS and tvOS.
• Stream or download WWDC videos from this year and previous years.
• Start watching on one iOS device, and pick up where you left off on another iOS device or on Apple TV.
• Browse times, locations, and descriptions for sessions, labs, and special events.
• Access resources, documentation, sample code and related content.
• Discover related sessions, labs, and videos.
• Mark schedule items as favorites.
• Keep up with the latest news, get important notifications, and see new photos throughout each day.
• Use indoor location to find your way around San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
• Add your pass to Wallet for faster check-in at WWDC.
Thank you for your feedback. This version improves the UI of related session and labs, and includes updated stickers.
Ratings and Reviews
As always Apple did it once again.
Seems ironic that the official app for the world’s biggest iOS developer conference has serious bugs - but it does.
I kick off a download, then put the app in the background and lock my phone, next time I open the app it crashes on startup. I can open it if I retry, but now my in-progress downloads fail (I get an Alert complaining about files and directories) and have to be restarted. This has happened a couple of times.
There is one video now that fails whenever I try to download it (and I have plenty of free storage).
Also usability could be better - there are no filters, only a tableview tree structure, which means if I want to filter by more than one category I have to use the search bar.
On the whole it’s a pretty good app, so perhaps it’s unfair to focus on the negatives - but really the WWDC app, of all apps, should be a showcase for how to do it right.
Needs speed control
For the most part the app does what it needs to do, but is really needs to playback speed control.
Anything that has educational videos needs to allow at least 1.5x and 2x playback speeds. Without they generally become unusable for people that are use to it, it is to slow to keep focus. WWDC videos often slower than most because they can feature a marketing prevention pacing, and given the nature of content need to repeat information that may already be known by a large part of the audience (or at least familiar enough to make absorbing very quick).
As it stands without I find the app unusable, and instead download and playback on a dedicated video app; with the odd livestream exception.
- Apple Distribution International
- 38.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Apple Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.