Travel by train for up to 40% less
TrainSplit is the easy way to make your train travel up to 40% cheaper.
By simply splitting your train journey across two or more tickets, you can save money on your next trip.
Thousands of people are now enjoying affordable train travel thanks to TrainSplit.
Give TrainSplit a try today.
How does it work?
With our app it’s quick and easy. Imagine for a moment travelling from Birmingham to Leeds:
• A return ticket costs £75.50*.
• With TrainSplit you can buy a train ticket from Birmingham to Derby, another from Derby to Sheffield and finally one from Sheffield to Leeds, all for just £49.30.
• A remarkable saving of £25.80.
What do I need to do?
• Using TrainSplit is as speedy and simple as using any other train booking system.
• Simply enter your journey plan and TrainSplit does the rest.
• Our powerful search engine will find you the cheapest options available ready for you to make your booking.
Will I have to get on and off the train?
• Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the journey. Though you’ll have multiple tickets, you can stay onboard.
• If you’re in First Class, you may have to move seats (but not disembark the train) if they have been pre-allocated.
• Search - for cheap train tickets today. TrainSplit’s intelligent algorithm searches the National Rail’s vast and ever changing database offering you the cheapest travel options provided by Split Ticketing.
• Book - your tickets for extreme savings. Once TrainSplit’s impressive search engine has found you the most affordable travel plan, get booking and get travelling.
• E-Tickets - We offer E-Tickets for all supported routes and store them for you in the app once you’ve booked. Same great savings, much less paper.
• Account - Save your details to speed up future bookings.
• Review - Take a look at your previous bookings and check the details of your future journeys.
Split Ticketing is approved under the National Rail conditions of carriage. For more information visit trainsplit.com
*All fares quoted are Off-Peak (returning the same day) and accurate as of July 2023. Saving at peak times can be even greater.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, cost saving app
I’ve used TrainSplit for a while now since it was recommended to me. I often find that I can get first class tickets at a cheaper price than the standard cost tickets with other providers.
You do have to move seats due to not being able to secure the same seat for all journeys which is a bit of a pain sometimes but the great prices outweigh the inconvenience. Give it a try!
Excellent app, but could add features
This is a fabulous app which works well, but I feel misses a few tricks:
- please include a ‘via’ option. Eg. Route from Southampton to Keighley gives results through either London or Birmingham, but a route via Bristol is cheaper still and only a little longer;
- Please retain the travel date when editing To and From (and Yes, we do want to look at options!)
- Allow To and From station switch around. Some of us want a return journey, but with different stop offs eg. My Keighley to Southampton journey is taking an overnight stop in Weybridge ... and I don’t trust the railways to be reliable for the whole distance when needing to be in Southampton by a certain time.
- When using the iPhone based app on my iPad, I have to use it in landscape view, but I don’t have to scroll down on the passengers and railcards page, which I do on my iPhone.
Happy to discuss if clarification required.
Great train booking alternative
I only recently come across TrainSplit, and really appreciate it not charging a reservation fee, so it’s my first choice for booking train tickets. A couple of niggles remain: 1) although you can now download receipts, you can’t save them into Files or Photos on iPhones; 2) it’s not (yet) possible to include RailAir coaches in your travel route; and 3) the route selection UI is still a little clunky compared with competitors. I’m sure these things will ultimately get sorted though, so keep up the great work!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TrainSplit.com Ltd
- 35.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Ferries Trains Planes Ltd
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.