TrainSplit is the easy way to make your train travel up to 40% cheaper.
By simply splitting your train journey across two or more tickets, you can save money on your next trip.
Thousands of people are now enjoying affordable train travel thanks to TrainSplit.
Give TrainSplit a try today.
How does it work?
With our app it’s quick and easy. Imagine for a moment travelling from Birmingham to Leeds:
• A return ticket costs £63.20*.
• With TrainSplit you can buy a train ticket from Birmingham to Derby, another from Derby to Sheffield and finally one from Sheffield to Leeds, all for just £43.85.
• A remarkable saving of £19.35.
What do I need to do?
• Using TrainSplit is as speedy and simple as using any other train booking system.
• Simply enter your journey plan and TrainSplit does the rest.
• Our powerful search engine will find you the cheapest options available ready for you to make your booking.
Will I have to get on and off the train?
• Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the journey. Though you’ll have multiple tickets, you can stay onboard.
• If you’re in First Class, you may have to move seats (but not disembark the train) if they have been pre-allocated.
• Search - for cheap train tickets today. TrainSplit’s intelligent algorithm searches the National Rail’s vast and ever changing database offering you the cheapest travel options provided by Split Ticketing.
• Book - your tickets for extreme savings. Once TrainSplit’s impressive search engine has found you the most affordable travel plan, get booking and get travelling.
• Account - Save your details to speed up future bookings.
• Review - Take a look at your previous bookings and check the details of your future journeys.
Split Ticketing is approved under the National Rail conditions of carriage. For more information visit: http://www.trainsplit.com
*All fares quoted are Off-Peak (returning the same day) and accurate as of Oct 2018. Saving at peak times can be even greater.
- You can now search by arrival time as well as departure time
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My go to train app!
Brilliantly cheap tickets for all of my journeys.
Only feed back if have is it would be nice If the app could save my details instead of typing in name and card details every time.
Also a slightly easier platform for changing details of my journey would be great.
Quick money saving app with easy choices
I like this, it’s quick and easy to use and gives me a choice over available journeys with price comparisons. Only downside is that it doesn’t remember my details, but definitely better than anything I have used before for ticket splitting. I’m happy to pay the commission on the tickets based on the time it saves me looking and the detailed email I get explaining all my tickets, when to stay on a train and when to change. Please please please update it so it remembers who I am!!!
This app is just not there yet
It doesn’t remember any of my details. I do the same journey regularly but I have to find departure and arrival stations from scratch each time. It doesn’t remember my seating preferences. It doesn’t remember my name, address or card details. Most apps do this so this just feels unfinished. Also when you have completed the process it gives you a reference number which is essential for the ticket machine. It says it’s available in My Journeys but I have never found that feature. Finally why do I need to print a ticket at the station (always a big queue). Airlines, theatres, sports events have all moved to e-ticketing why not the railways?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.