Your life's about to get even easier with the all-new MAE by Maybank2u.
Sort out your day-to-day moments with MAE. Get all the good stuff and more, along with your favourite Maybank2u banking features.
What can you do with MAE?
Whether you're saving up on your own or with a group of friends, it's all win-win with Tabung. Reach your financial goals with Tabung and get extra help to speed things up with Boosters!
Bye, budget spreadsheets! Expenses can help you see where your money’s going with the automated expense tracker. Get a clear view of your money flow via easy-to-read graphs and clear categorisation. Key in cash transactions by adding them manually on the go.
Let us help you decide where to 'makan' around your area with our Makan Mana wheel! Just get on MAE to find the best eateries and deals to suit your fancy.
Live worry-free with the MAE card. Enjoy better FX rates and use your card wherever you go. Freeze & unfreeze with a tap so you don’t have to worry about misplacing your card again. Sign up for a MAE card on the MAE App now.
Not Forgetting All Your Favourite Maybank2u Features Too!
- Check your account balances on the go
- Transfer funds to anyone in a few taps
- Scan & Pay for cashless payments
- Pay bills, reload your prepaid and game credit anytime, anywhere.
- And enjoy all the conveniences of online banking in one place
The MAE app will seek permission for the following:
i. Access to your camera to enable you to scan QR code and also upload documents when you apply for a new product or service.
ii. Access to your contact directory to give you the convenience of selecting your contacts when you make a transaction to a mobile number.
iii. Access to your location to offer you the most relevant food listings, marketing promotions or deals by our merchant partners while you are on the go.
iv. Access to your audio phone to enable you to make a direct call to the bank's hotline.
Ho! Ho! Ho!
With 2020 coming to an end, we hope you continue to stay safe and healthy at all times. While keeping busy with year-end festivities, check out these updates on the latest version of MAE by Maybank2u:
- Scan & Pay via image upload of QR code
- View Tabung Haji account balance
- Online Merchant is now available as a category under Expenses
- Minor bug fixes
Remember to keep your app updated to enjoy a bug-free banking experience on the MAE app. Merry Christmas & happy holidays!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It is a good and promising apps to begin with. Clean and nice interface. This apps is in sync with the popular trend of eWallet and bonus point is it also helps to track my expenses at the same time. I can ditch my budget apps now.
Hence my feedback & suggestions are:
1. It takes 24 hour for any transaction made to appear in the expenditure. To create on the spot appearance of transaction made in the expenditure section.
2. To link/track payment at popular on9 shopping platforms and ewallets such as shopee, lazada, TnG & boost.
3. To automatically categorize repeat expenditure from same merchant based on category that was chosen previously.
4. Some M2U vs MAE apps features are repetitive and confusing - don't see the needs of having two apps. Hope can stick to one apps only by transferring M2U features to MAE.
5. Tabung created in M2U not linked to MAE - wish it can be integrated.
Hope SMEs especially those doing COD can start use this apps to get payment from buyers - contactless & hassle free.
Kudos to developers who work hard on this useful apps!
Track Spending can be better
The main reason i got this app was to track my spending but this function is quite poor.
1) Just about every purchase is categorised under financial services.
Its quite hard to remember what you actually spent on - eg a lunch i had is categorised as financial service and the title is public bank.
I suggest you guys follow what Monzo does, in which after every purchase there is a push notification that you can edit right away. The current process for editing items in MAE takes too long and is super cumbersome
2) Unable to set our own spending periods. Would be better if the period that tracks spending can be set by the user. I think this feature would be great - offers better granularity of spending for short periods and also people get paid at different times.
3) Includes purchases from your main maybank account.
This defeats the purpose of separation through MAE no? In my mind i use MAE as my day to day spending. Maybe you guys did this by design, but i would appreciate a feature where only MAE spending is tracked.
4) Inaccuracy with fuel purchases
For fuel purchases, it doesn’t properly track how much you spend. When you buy fuel with debit, 200 is taken from your account right away. However, MAE doesn’t show that the money gets credited back in. This makes it super confusing and the app doesnt properly track how much is being spent
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for rating and reviewing us. We would appreciate if you could share on how we may improve on the new app and the issue that you are facing. Feel free to drop us a message via Facebook PM or Twitter DM with your suggestion and issue for the betterment of the app. TQ!
Great Overhaul Start
M2U users are aware that the M2U MY app has gained some notoriety for being.. Well honestly, quite jumbled and complex at times. Some features are hidden and not easily accessible, making for some transactions to be a hassle to do. With the emergence of the MAE’s standalone app, they have excelled beyond my expectations.
It is a massive overhaul in comparison with the M2U app which was undoubtedly problematic; a better user-friendly interface, smoother and snappy animations, and the addition of much more features (I really like the Tabung feature especially). I highly commend the developers for this massive shift and hoping for more features from the M2U MY app to be transferred over to MAE. I hope the developers will truly listen to the consumer base and help to make this app thrive even greater.
TL;DR You did good Maybank 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate the feedback given. Rest assured, we are continuously working on adding more features to our app to make your experience better. Stay tuned and thank you for your rating & reviewing us. :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.