Healthy 365 mobile app is brought to you by the Health Promotion Board (HPB).
This app enables you to track your daily steps count and calculate the corresponding calories burned as you move. Among other tracking sources, you can use Apple HealthKit with Apple Watch to track steps. With a compatible wearable that tracks heart rate, you can also track the duration engaged in higher intensity physical activities. Steps and heart rate data from Apple HealthKit can be shared with Healthy 365 mobile app while participating in Health Challenges.
Key features include:
• Dashboard that provide you with an overview of your fitness, Healthpoints and rewards information.
• Health Challenges that enable you to step up to get healthy, earn Healthpoints and redeem rewards
• New Eat Drink Shop Healthy Challenge digital passport with more rewards that can be earned along with Healthpoints when you make healthier purchases
• History charts to keep records of your past steps count, heart rate, distance covered, and calorie intake and output
• Healthpoints history function that allows tracking of your scans from healthier food, drink or grocery consumption
• Nearby listing and map views on HPB events, healthier eateries, exercise facilities and routes in your vicinity
• Integration with new HPB steps trackers and exercise apps including Actxa®, Fitbit® and Apple HealthKit (together with Apple Watch and other devices that provides data into Apple HealthKit as the device source) and in-device motion tracker
• Sync for Friends function to allow both non-smartphone and smartphone participants to conveniently sync their steps on their friend or family member’s smartphone
• Background location detection of nearby Scan&Win Hotspots for earning Healthpoints
• This app uses background location for detection of outdoor Hotspots
• Continued use of GPS running in the background may dramatically decrease battery life
• For the optimum experience, please ensure that your phone is set to Singapore Time zone (GMT +8)
• For any enquiries, please call our hotline at 1800 567 2020 or email us at email@example.com
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Inaccurate record of daily average steps
Whoever’s writing this app needs to look into why the “Daily Average Steps” under “Challenge Summary” is reporting highly inaccurate data. Just comparing it against the month-by-month daily average steps data on my app (indicated by the green lines) and working out the overall average from those shows that the overall average is way below the correct figure. And when you complete a certain number of steps on any given day that is more than the present daily average steps shown, the daily average steps data should logically go up, but it doesn’t. Instead, it GOES DOWN. How come? Similarly, my weekly average MVPA minutes data seems to be stuck for some time now, it doesn’t update at all. Side note: the monthly daily average step green lines mostly appear to be positioned wrongly, if you look at where they are in relation to the daily step bars in the chart.
App cannot change tracking mode. It’s useless. Nothing works to change track mode.
After I synced to the free health tracker I cannot change back to my iPhone health app to track my steps. This is stupid! I bring my iPhone everywhere. And the health tracker is hard to wear & uncomfortable. I have not been able to switch back successfully for more than a month! Deleted the app. Reinstall. Doesn’t work. The button shows tracking via health app but it’s showing zero steps all the time. I tried to link it again after updating the app. Now it says enable health tracker on iPhone health app first. But the iPhone health app had not been changed at all, both buttons for heart rate & steps are enabled all along! But no steps have been synced or tracked. This is a really ineffective app! It doesn’t even register the steps I’ve taken!! Fix it! And make sure it syncs properly to iPhone health app. How can it only recognize the free steps tracker from HPB???
Clearly needs A LOT of help
I don’t do app review, but if I could give zero stars, I would. Let me tell you how bad it is:
After changing my phone, I installed this app on my new phone. Thought I could just restore my profile and synced my steps from the past few days but nope, this app decided otherwise. Told me that my fitbit tracker was already connected to a different account (yeah, my account, who else?) so I gave up after trying for >30min and deleted the app and try to reinstall again. IT GOT EVEN WORSE!? When I tried to restore my profile, I couldn’t even get past the “I agree to full terms and conditions” part for >1 hour 😑
Either HPB outsource the app developing to a vendor or change the vendor, PLEASE. Or at the very least, allow syncing of steps through web as a backup plan if steps do not sync on the app. 🤦🏻♀️
- Health Promotion Board
- 93.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Gambling and Contests
- ©2015 Health Promotion Board
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.