Say hello to our redesigned United app.
With our everchanging environment and the need more than ever to empower our customers with more ability to self-serve and stay informed, we’ve worked to enhance our United app to deliver information more consistently, timelier and easier than before for all users – all while keeping many of the same features you know and love.
The app is your all-in-one travel partner
- Our redesigned app will now deliver information you need more consistently than ever before with improved navigation for a more seamless experience. The design updates also serve as a complement to our enhanced accessibility support for screen readers.
- During your trip, our app home screen gives you quick access to important details by opening to the most useful and relevant information, for all users whether you’re signed in or not. When it’s time to travel, check in for your flights on the home screen and view real-time updates. See what amenities are on your flights and your position on the upgrade and standby lists. While at the airport, explore interactive airport maps to find a United Club location near you and stay up to date on your flight status through our push notifications delivered directly to your inbox.
Manage your MileagePlus® account
- Enroll in MileagePlus and check out our newly envisioned “My account” experience. You can also earn miles with MileagePlus programs and use these miles to book award travel on the app, too.
Search for flights and book travel
- Look for flights across our global network. When you find one that’s right, book it on the app using money, award miles or even your electronic travel certificates.
Easily manage your reservations on the app
- View and change your seat assignments, or enhance your trips by adding Economy Plus® seating, Premier Access®, United Club℠ passes, travel bundles and more. You can also change, cancel or rebook your flights right on the app, all through the “My trips” section.
Continue using the app in the air
- With United Private Screening on select flights, watch TV shows and movies on your own device. Plus, track the status of your checked bags and see which gate you’ll arrive to once you land.
- Use our Travel-Ready Center to navigate everything needed for travel. Learn about COVID-19 travel requirements and upload the necessary test results, vaccine documentation, and destination entry forms. It even integrates with Apple Health, allowing you to seamlessly provide your proof of vaccination.
- Message our contact center directly through the Contact Us section in the app.
We’re continuing to make enhancements to help make your travel more seamless. In this release, highlights include making it easier to view and use travel credits as well as clearer language on whether wifi messaging is supported on a flight.
Ratings and Reviews
United for Life
I will start by saying I wasn’t a huge fan of United. I was a big Frontier guy before they completely went down the tubes and became the worst airline of all time only to combine with the second worst airline, Spirit. Then I became a Southwest guy because of the convenience and customer service. Earlier this year we booked a last minute trip and ended up having to fly United. We have a 15 month old so everyone knows how that can be. The flight attendant provided the best service that I have ever had to our family and I swore I would give you United another chance because of that particular individual. So the next trip we booked we decided to fly United. We had a million things happen, on our end not United. We had to change a flight, missed a flight and everything in between. United came through again with incredible customer service and a overall great experience. With all the other airlines looking to cut corners and cost, United didn’t. With every airline looking to nickel and dime you every chance they get, United didnt. Thank you United and Team for making customer service a priority. You have a customer for life. Ps- this is the only review I have ever written because that is how much I want to say thank you.
An awesome time saver!
Access to my ‘ticket’ and flight information is so quickly is awesome! Wow, I remember having to go down to a ticket office(30 min) and spend an hour having someone else tell what they thought my flight options were (60min) and then having to print a ticket and keep up with it(never) and then strategically place the ticket where I can present it to 4 different people so I can make it through the airport including checking in for flight (60min+) then security, gate agent, and flight attendant all while stopping to check the board for which gate (15min) and any updates and heaven forbid I have a connecting flight and another flight coupon! Only complaint is I seem to have to closedown the app to get it to update added reservations - even if I made the reservation with the app. But maybe that is because I have gotten so used to having the information right away! It actually seems like the app, through notifications, gets the updated flight information quicker than the gate agents and flight crews! Makes me feel like a seasoned traveler - Well Done! Keep those updates coming.
App Devs - Hope you read
I dislike leaving a “review” when I really need to submit a product complaint, but United leaves me no other obvious choice to submit feedback about the app. Overall, it’s a great app. But now that you must put in your card information into the app in order to make purchases on board, there’s a problem. I am NOT going to verify my card every time I check in for a flight. That’s just stupid. I do it once, and that should be it. I take at least two flights a week on United. So at least twice a week I’m being asked to verify a card that I verified less than 4 days ago. You may say that “we need to verify the card is still in your possession” or some other reason. Sorry. But that’s your problem. If you require us to use the app instead of presenting a card, then there are certain risks you accept. Sure. Some guy that flys once a year? Make him verify the card. Your Platinums? Stop hassling us. It’s easier for me to skip on board purchases than to have to go through a verification every time I check in. Especially since I have to click all the extra boxes now because some people are too stupid to know to not fly if they have Covid and that they have to wear a mask. I hate the dumbing down of America to its lowest common denominator. So ease up on the card verification or go back to taking cards in flight.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 289.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.