Apple Books lets you lose yourself in the best books and audiobooks right on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch. You’ll find bestsellers, classics, up-and-coming authors, and more — all ready to instantly download and enjoy.
• Selection: Explore millions of books and audiobooks from every category including fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, thrillers, romance, kids’ books, comics, and more.
• Book Store: Check out Top Charts, and find new releases, limited-time offers, and recommendations for you, updated every week.
• Audiobooks: Discover great audiobooks read by actors, authors, and other memorable voices.
• Free samples: Preview books and audiobooks while you browse, and download free samples — sometimes before they’re available anywhere else.
• Want to Read: Keep track of books and audiobooks you’d like to read next by adding them to your Want to Read collection.
• Audiobooks app for Apple Watch: Listen to your favorite audiobooks on your next hike, run, or exercise session, right from your wrist.
• Customize your reading experience: Choose between a selection of fonts and easy-to-read page colors. Use Auto-Night Theme and adjust your screen brightness to make reading more comfortable on your eyes. Enabling Scrolling View to move continuously through books instead of flipping pages.
• Access any of the books you purchase from Apple Books on all of your devices.
• Family Sharing makes it easy for you and up to five family members to share your books and audiobooks purchases.
• Organize your books and PDFs into personal collections that will appear on all of your devices.
• Access bookmarks, highlights, notes, and your current page on all of your devices.
Requirements & Store Availability
• The Book Store is available in many countries. The selection of available books varies by country.
• Downloading content from Books or iCloud requires an Apple ID and Internet access.
• Adding books and PDFs from outside the Book Store to the Books app requires they be DRM-free. Some PDF documents may not be compatible with Books.
Ratings and Reviews
I used to have this application to have books read out loud but after the new iOS it’s gone crazy , did used to highlight the sentence of where I am reading but now it highlights the whole page, i usually have the book starts reading at the beginning and it reads it continuously but now it stops at each chapter which is really annoying, i used to mark the page where of I stopped the book and then I will just ask it to be read out loud when I want it to start again but now I have to start at the beginning of each chapter I can’t do it from the page ,now it has to be at the beginning of each chapter. One other thing that keeps happening is that the application keeps removing and deleting some of the books from it and sometimes whenever I am downloading a book it’s telling me I don’t have the space even though I have a lot of storage left and it deletes the books in it without asking or anything. Please fix this .
Taking up storage and won’t go away
So, I recently updated to iOS 15 and I went to my storage and say that it was taking up storage, and for the record, I deleted Apple Books a while ago, so you would get my surprise to find that it was taking up space. I tried deleting it, I deleted it on iCloud, I re-downloaded it to see if that would work. To no avail, it is still taking up storage and no going away. I beg of you, please fix this! I would like to have my 2 GB+ storage back!
Why the point size change?
Some of us with bad eyes need the point size to go higher. Please change it back to how it was before iOS 15.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.