**** macOS 10.15 onward is not supported, we're still working on a fix!
**** LIMITED TIME Launch Special (Regular Price: $9.99 USD)
**** Use your iPhone as an extra monitor to your MAC or PC! ****
**** Developed by the Creator of Splashtop Remote Desktop, the #1 iOS Business App Developer, with over 20 million users! ****
*** Please contact us at http://support-xdisplay.splashtop.com/home if you have any problem extending or mirroring your computer screen to your iPhone. The App Store does not offer a way for us to respond to user issues. ***
Splashtop Wired XDisplay turns an iPhone into an extra display for your computer, enhancing productivity.
* High Performance (1080P or retina display at 60fps)
* Support for Windows 7 default Aero desktop theme featuring translucent windows
* Auto orientation when iPhone is turned (works in both landscape and portrait modes)
* Ability to choose the position of your extended display relative to the computer
* Secure wired connection
1. Download Splashtop Wired XDisplay (this app)
2. Download and run the FREE Splashtop Wired XDisplay Agent on your MAC or PC at http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
3. Connect your iPhone to MAC or PC using a lightning or 30 pin cable
* Windows 7, 8, 10, and later
* MAC OSX 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and later
* Currently only supports computers with at least one unused video display output
* When Windows Aero is disabled, certain functions might not be available
To learn more: http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Enhanced Win7, 8 & 8.1 Support: Please download the new Windows Agent from http://www.splashtop.com/wiredxdisplay
- Bug Fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome and Useful
This is easy to use and takes multitasking to a new level for those of us that don’t have multiple monitors. I can now hook up my iPad to my laptop and browse 2 pages simultaneously. While Sidecar does the same things (if you have a Mac) it isn’t supported on my 5th Gen iPad. I’m not willing to buy a newer iPad just to have that capability so this is a must for older devices.
My only complaint is that the secondary device can be slightly glitchy when scrolling and using the mouse. This may also be the result of my old Windows laptop. Once I get my new MacBook Air I will be trying this out right away.
Overall I highly recommend if you have a tablet and laptop.
It works ok, but too much CPU usage on W10
Works well, feels smoothly, just some little milliseconds of delay; the only problem is that I think that the CPU usage its too big, I looked at process manager and Splashtop uses almost all the time 30% of my CPU, It’s my first monitor extender, I don’t know if it’s normal, but that’s a big sacrifice on a 2014 intel i3. I was thinking on buy the HD version in order to enjoy my full iPad’s screen, but I don’t know if it will worth it.
AMAZING! An e-waste saver for my broken iPad.
I have an old broken iPad 2 that is still on iOS 9. It doesn’t have wifi, so it is close to being useless. Until, that is, I installed Splashtop Xdisplay.
I no longer have any computer monitors lying around since I stopped using desktops years ago; but recently, I picked up a budget machine without a monitor. After installing this app onto my broken iPad with the usb cable and an old version of iTunes, I then used my tv to install the server end of xdisplay on my computer. I set the display to mirror mode and disconnected my tv. Now I have a tiny monitor for my computer! It can boot up, connect to usb after a few seconds, and then I can login to Windows like usual.
My only criticism is that it uses about 25% of my cpu to function, and there doesn’t seem to be any setting for using the gpu instead. Yes, there is some lag, but it is a virtual display after all.
Quite honestly, this is the BEST integration between Apple/Microsoft products that I have ever used.
The developer, Splashtop Inc., indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Splashtop Inc.
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011 - 2015 Splashtop Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.