Panoramic Wifi app supports CGM4141 and TG1682 Panoramic Wifi Gateways.
The Panoramic Wifi App gives you control over your home network like you have never seen before. It enhances your in-home wifi experience from Cox with new levels of personalization and control. Your app lets you easily manage all sorts of wifi options, including the ability to pause devices, set simple device names and see the top bandwidth users. You can manage your family by setting profiles, pausing wifi for dinner or bedtime as well as easier troubleshooting.
The Panoramic Wifi App is required for installation of Panoramic Wifi Pods.
Key App Features:
- Cox User ID: No extra passwords to remember, just control with your Cox Primary User ID and Password
- Manage your wifi network name and password.
- Device Naming: See what devices are connected to your wifi network and give them nicknames for easy reference.
- Profiles: Create profiles, like one for each family member, and assign devices to profiles
- Parental Control: Manage device profiles to set bed times or limit when the internet can be accessed. You can pause all the devices for dinner!
- Pause Wifi: Take any device or profile off the internet with a click
- Advanced Security: Protection for your connected devices
- Easy to Troubleshoot: Intuitive app tells you about errors without contacting tech support
- Pods: Add and manage Panoramic Wifi Pod extenders to reduce or eliminate dead spots in your home
- Cox Panoramic Wifi Subscription
- Cox Panoramic Wifi CGM4141 or TG1682 Gateway (check the label on the bottom of your Gateway for "PN: CGM4141COX" or "TG1682G")
- Cox primary user ID and password
Need Help Signing In:
- Create a Cox user ID and password: cox.com/register
- Look up your existing Cox User ID or reset your password: cox.com/password
Bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Does the trick
As a person who streams everything, and has things hooked up that requires internet connection to operate (I.E security cameras) the long, dull nights of sitting in quiet darkness are over. I no longer have to un plug my router to eliminate my kids from internet access so they will go to bed. This app gives me the ability to restrict specific devises at specific times, or I can pause internet access to those devises at a moments notice, even when I’m not at home. Oh, it was a point of contention at first. The tears, the “I JUST WANT 30 MORE MINS”. The stomping around were very real. But PARENTS, lemme tell you. Just get through that initial time of a poor attempt of a power struggle from your little darlings. They will soon learn that you mean what you say, and comply to their new reality- while you still enjoy your favorite Netflix shows and effortlessly scroll through social media. So sit back, relax, pause that internet with a simple click and have the peace of mind that you are now the absolute law on internet usage in your home.
Still not fixed…
Several times I have spoken to Cox and made them aware that my wifi app is somehow 3 hours ahead of my actual time and they have me take the same steps over and over with no answer. One guy tried to say it was my phone?? Kinda odd considering my phone is in the correct time zone and displaying the correct time! How are we supposed to use the downtime and active time features if your app is telling my wifi that it’s 3 hours later than it actually is? This causes my daughters active time to begin and end at incorrect times, which meant yesterday she used some of today’s time and downtime has to be set with a 3 hour difference. Confused yet? Every time they tell me to do the same things….uninstall and reinstall the app, restart the modem and restart my phone and then when I tell them I’ve already taken these steps before contacting them, they have me do it again as if I’m either lying or being in contact with them is going to somehow change the results, which, in case you couldn’t already tell, has not made a difference whatsoever.
These features would be so wonderful if they actually worked correctly. I know I’m not the only person with this issue…if you are going to ask for our feedback as customers it would be really great if you would actually listen and do something about it!!
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry you're having issues with downtime scheduler. Please reach out to us at cox.com/chat and ask for your account to be refreshed. If that does not resolve the issue, please let us know.
Cox is too much work!
I like the fact that Cox is much cheaper than AT&T however having to register every iPhone TV etc. in every room is really a pain! I am not very tech savvy and this is making things worse! Plus it always says on my iPhone that Cox is an unsecure Ntwrk! Along with this I have to unplug the modem and reset the modem at least once or twice@ a day! Not really sure if you’re worth it! I wish you had a phone number that I could talk to somebody and they could show me what to do instead of the “chat” which is a bunch of crap! There are senior citizens like myself they’re trying to hang in here! Help us please!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 261 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Cox Communications Inc, 2019