Athlytic analyzes your health statistics including sleep, heart rate variability, and heart rate to calculate how recovered you are to train today as well as how much exertion you have put on your body today.
You can also visually see all of your health data with colorful charts including sleep, energy burned, energy consumed, macros, Vo2Max and SO much more.
Athlytic features a myriad of complications to get a quick glance at your Recovery, Exertion, Daily Heart Rate Chart, HRV Chart, Net Energy and total energy burned & consumed as well as macros.
Athlytic also features widgets for Recovery and Exertion.
A Calendar tab lets you see your past 60 days Recovery, Exertion and Sleep. Each day on the calendar is tappable to see a summary of the day and any workouts logged.
You can log a workout using the watch app with available workouts like Run, Crossfit, Weight Training, Row, Stair Climbing (aka Versa Climbing), Walking or just an Other workout.
Even if you log a workout with another app you can still see workout statistics like calories burned, heart rates, Vo2 Max, and Heart Rate Recovery. Athlytic even has a proprietary Effort Score on a 0-10 scale to see how far you’ve pushed yourself. It also coaches you to tell you how far off of your PR or average the Effort was for each type of workout type.
• Athlytic does not require an Apple Watch, however for most of the features such as Recovery and Exertion Levels, you will need an Apple Watch in order to collect HRV and Resting Heart Rate Data necessary for these features.
• Athlytic integrates with the Health App on your iPhone to retrieve the data it displays. It will request permission to access the relevant data types necessary to present the metrics and features in the app.
Information about Athlytic subscriptions:
- Subscribers will receive 1 week free of Athlytic
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Depending on what subscription length you choose (Monthly or Annually), so long as your subscription is active, you will have access to the entire iPhone app for these periods, respectfully.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent you from tapping on a workout and seeing its detail page.
A few other optimizations.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly recommended for people who are working out daily or endurance athletes. Even if you don't work out daily, this is a great why you monitor how you recover and get an idea of what impacts recovery and causes you to feel sluggish. If you're coming from a band like Whoop, the biggest thing this offers is tracking of carbs and calories versus your caloric burn and helps you understand how calories in can help fuel recovery. I'm using LoseIT to track my meals, it syncs my micronutrients to HealthKit and Athlytic reads the data from there. My only suggestions for the app - Can we get a watch face widget or I think Apple calls them Complications, to display recovery percentage in the watch face? Also, can we get a journal feature like Whoop has? Something where I can check whether I've had alcohol, caffeine, melatonin, done yoga, etc and have a graph of what positively and negatively impacts recovery?
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review! There is already a complication for Recovery and Exertion. Some type of tagging system is definitely on the roadmap. Thanks again!
Great app, very useful information!
I’ve been using this app for about a week after doing a lot of research into apps that may provide me the information I’m looking for when combined with my Apple Watch and various activity apps I currently use. After reading about Athlytic I downloaded the free trial and signed up after a couple days after using it, seeing that I was getting what I was looking for. It provides all the useful info I need as a cyclist in a clear and concise way, without having to wear another device on my arm, or paying for any long term commitments. As a bonus I had a technical question that I emailed to them and got a reply back within 10 minutes and they walked me through the problem (simple error on my part). Customer service like that is invaluable!
I’m seriously considering getting rid of my subscription tracker and using this! My only suggestion so far would be the ability to edit sleep times. Sometimes I wake up and look at my recovery and then decide to work out later in the day as opposed to my normal early AM. The app read my awake time as 4 am even though I went back to bed for another 2.5 hours, so my recovery appears to be lower than my other tracker due to that. I did edit it in Apple Health but the app doesn’t appear to pick up on that. Otherwise they are almost identical in comparison and I’d much rather wear less hardware! I really love this app and even the inability to edit my sleep time wouldn’t deter me from using it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MyndArc, LLC
- 23.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Myndarc, LLC 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Athlytic Pro (Yearly) $24.99
- Athlytic Pro (Monthly) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.