FREE PREVIEW – View select topics in each resource, including Davis's Drug Guide, and explore trusted nursing information, detailed recommendations, and exclusive tools.
Five best-selling nursing apps combine to form the premier, integrated clinical nursing solution. Use valuable tools to find and apply the information you need.
“Nursing Central contains everything a nurse needs at the bedside. It’s a must-have for nurses and nursing students.”
-Brent Thompson, PhD, RN, West Chester University
PLEASE NOTE: Current customers and institutional subscribers can use this app to download content to their iOS devices.
ABOUT NURSING CENTRAL
Nursing Central helps nurses and students be more efficient by providing detailed information on diseases, tests, drugs, and procedures where and when it is needed. The moment a question arises you can consult the updating database of 5,000 drugs, find a definition in the dictionary with 75,000+ entries, interpret hundreds of laboratory and diagnostic tests, and consult the latest disease information. You can also search the entire PubMed database or study unfamiliar topics using the exclusive study system - Grasp™, all from your mobile device
Five best-selling nursing applications combine to form Nursing Central.
DAVIS’S DRUG GUIDE
Refer to regularly updated information on dosing, contraindications, drug interactions, and patient education for more than 5,000 medications.
TABER’S MEDICAL DICTIONARY
Define over 75,000 medical terms and enhance learning with images, videos, and audio pronunciations.
DAVIS’S LABORATORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
Access rationale and results for tests as well as pretest requirements, intratest procedures, and post-test patient care.
DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Review complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions.
Connect to the full PubMed journal citations and abstracts database on your mobile device. Stay up to date with your favorite nursing and medical journals with Prime Journals, perform powerful searches, receive suggestions on relevant articles with Prime ForYou, link directly to the publisher’s full text, and share articles via email or social media. Visually explore the literature using Grapherence®, a unique way to find related and relevant articles.
• Receive 1-year of drug updates
• Create custom notes and highlights within entries
• Consult trusted disease and test information
• Jump quickly between resources using Cross Links
• View thousands of colorful images, figures, and videos
• Learn on the go with our exclusive study system - Grasp™
• Access the full PubMed database
• Use the Full Text Search to help find topics across all resources
• Bookmark important entries with “Favorites”
• Get access to Nursing Central website for one year
DRUG AND CONTENT UPDATE RENEWAL
• After initial Nursing Central purchase you will receive updates for one year
• After one year, you can purchase updates for an additional year, at the discounted rate of $99.99. If you do not choose to purchase, you can continue to use the product but will not receive updates.
• If you purchase updates, they will automatically renew annually at the renewal rate ($99.99) and charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase, unless auto-renew is turned off 24 hours prior to the conclusion of the one-year subscription period.
• Account will be charged ($99.99) for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the yearly subscription term.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
* Bug fixes
If you have questions about the latest update, please contact Unbound Medicine Support.
Ratings and Reviews
The ONLY Nursing App You Need
I decided to splurge and purchase the full package and couldn’t be happier with this app. The format is no-frills with minimal color which is actually REALLY nice in helping me focus on the actual words. Some other nursing apps are WAY too colorful, and thus distracting and not enjoyable to read. Lastly, and most importantly, the wealth of information available in this app is staggering and will keep you constantly learning and improving. I have already found this app to be extremely helpful at work, particularly for looking up medications. There really is no need to hesitate on getting this app. I know it is expensive, but get it now and you absolutely will not regret it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We are especially happy to hear that you are finding the app useful at work. Our goal is to provide the medical community with rapid access to reliable information when they most need it. Thank you for using the application, and for letting others know your thoughts about its design and utility.
Eh, it has good points and it has bad points
I like centralizing the info and the the app does that beautifully.
I am very irritated to discover that most of the journals that the app presented as being included in the “cost” of the app if you paid for premium access, are in fact barely searchable. God help you if you actually find an article that you’d like to or want to read- 90% of the time that content costs extra. That’s right: on top of paying for the privilege of being a “premium member”, they want you to fork out more cash per article if you have the gall to try to read them.
Save yourself the money and invest time to visit a public or school library. Same journals there, free access and they let you read them at no extra cost. You just have to put forth extra effort for them rather than the small convenience of a centralized collection on your phone.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jimmy, we appreciate your feedback. Nursing Central is a bundle of 4 book titles that receive updated content, along with a collection of calculators. The "Prime" sections provide access to what is available in the PubMed database of journals. Some PubMed citations offer free full text for the article, while others provide just the abstract. You can limit your searches to "Free Full Text Only" if you wish to only view the articles that are freely available. Other journal articles require a paid subscription for access -- that cost is determined by the publisher of that particular journal.
Worth Every Penny
When the syllabus for my MedSurg class gave getting the Nursing Central app as an option instead of buying 3 separate textbooks, I was worried that it wouldn’t be as helpful, but I am so glad that I got it anyway. This app has so much applicable information that is necessary for nurses to know, and after using it for a few months now, I can’t imagine going through nursing school without it. Also, unlike any textbooks, I have it with me everywhere I go, which is perfect for when I have to look up different drugs during clinical. Nursing Central has helped me regularly since I bought it, and I would highly recommend it to any nursing student or nurse who is considering doing the same.
Developer Response ,
Hi Julia, thank you for taking the time to share this high praise and recommendation to other students. We appreciate your support and love that you find it so useful in nursing school.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 12.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Nursing Central $179.99
- Nursing Central $99.99
- Drugs and Tools Renewal $49.99
- Intravenous Medications $49.99
- Nurses' Health Assessment $59.99
- Nurse's Pocket Guide $49.99
- NCLEX-RN Quest $19.99
- RNotes 5th Edition $29.99
- Taylor's Clinical $42.99
- Disaster Nursing $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.