Square Point of Sale is a free point-of-sale app that enables you to sell anywhere and in any way, your customers want to buy.
Payments, items, inventory, analytics, eCommerce, CRM— are all integrated with your point of sale.
No startup fees, monthly fees, or termination fees. Just pay for card processing when you make a sale. It’s as simple as that.
• Accept credit card payments with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and rewards cards at the same rate.
• Use Square Reader for contactless and chip cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay anywhere.
• Accept touch-free payments via Cash App on Square Register, Stand, or the Square app on your mobile device.
• Differentiate payment with gift cards which are integrated into your POS system and Square Dashboard.
• Send custom invoices straight from your POS on a mobile device or from your laptop right to your customers’ inboxes.
• Access funds after a sale with Square Checking, transfer funds to your external bank account instantly for a fee, or get transfers free in one to two business days.
• Process custom or itemized refunds for payments directly from your POS system or your online Square Dashboard.
2.6% +10¢ PER TAP, DIP, SCAN, OR SWIPE. Charge $100 in a single transaction and see $97.30 in your bank account. Accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards all at the same rate. Invoices are free to send and cost 2.9% + 30¢ per invoice paid online.
• Customize your menu with toppings, add-ons, or special requests. Modifiers applied to items will display on receipts.
• Quickly access frequently used items, discounts, or categories to keep your line moving and your customers happy.
• Use Register or wirelessly connect Terminal to any device running your Square POS—a smartphone, iPad, or tablet. With a separate checkout screen, customers can see their itemized cart and pay quickly, all from a safe distance.
• Save some time by uploading and managing multiple items at once from the online Square Dashboard with the bulk import tool.
• Refund specific items from a transaction. The amount being refunded will reflect any applicable taxes and discounts for the selected item(s).
• Accept swiped card payments when your internet service is temporarily unavailable. Offline payments are processed automatically when your device regains connectivity and will expire if not processed within 72 hours.
• Provide customers with digital or printed receipts.
• Let your customers split a bill or use multiple forms of tender to complete payment.
•eCommerce: Sell online and in your store, with your sales and inventory automatically synced with your POS. Send your customers a checkout link through an email or Square Marketing campaign, or let your customers purchase at their convenience by posting the link on social media or your blog.
•Inventory Management: Receive a daily email detailing items that are low or out of stock, so you never run out again. Sync your POS with inventory management software partners including Shopventory, SKU IQ, Stitch Labs, and more. Sync your POS with inventory management software partners including Shopventory, SKU IQ, Stitch Labs, and more.
•Team Management: Track team hours, control access, and protect sensitive information on your POS. Identify top performers and use powerful data to optimize labor costs.
•Reporting and Insights: Discover new insights about your business with Square Dashboard and advanced reporting options. Access top-line metrics such as gross sales, sales count, and refunds by time period. Access top-line metrics such as gross sales, sales count, and refunds by time period.
• With Credit card Payment
• Via invoice
• Over the phone
• With QR code
The POS App
For selling anywhere
This update includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
We update our apps regularly to make sure they’re at 100%, so we suggest turning on automatic updates on devices running Square Point of Sale.
Thanks for selling with Square. Questions? We’re here to help: square.com/help.
Ratings and Reviews
I love Square Point Of Sale!
We are artists and have been doing art shows for over 40 years. We have used several different companies to process credit cards over the years and all of them have been complicated and expensive with a lot of paperwork and monthly fees until we discovered Square! It’s so easy with no monthly fees and you can do it anywhere! We recently opened a brick and mortar gallery in Inverness, Florida and bought their Point Of Sale system with iPad. I can keep track of inventory and sales and print reports. They allowed us to buy the register system with monthly payments and set up was super easy! I am about to add employees to it because they keep track of all that too! It also automatically adds sales tax if you want.
Emails have always been a problem for us...keeping track and sending them. With Square, they keep track of customers and I can send out a campaign in a few minutes with their templates! I can see at a glance which emails worked and who responded. I can work with the 80/20 rule and concentrate on the 20% of customers that are repeat buyers and buy 80% of my products.
We love it!
Developer Response ,
We're very happy to hear how well Square works for your business Rozwita, thank you for the awesome review. If you have any thoughts around how we can improve and make things even easier for your business, let us know!
Great app for small business, okay for friend to friend
I absolutely love this app and I would recommend it to anyone who has a small business or more. It does a great job of organizing the transactions that take place throughout the business day, week, month, year, what have you, as well as helping to keep your books straight for tax purposes. The only thing I would complain about, and it is just due to my impatience, is the mere fact that the availability of funds from time of transaction to the time in which that money is accessible seems, to me, a little excessive. Now, yes. I understand that it’s electronic communication and banks have to talk with other banks to make sure the funds are transferred to the correct account from the correct account; so on and so forth but it just still seems to drag on. Especially when you’re in need of said funds immediately. This leads me to my last point with regard to the slow availability times. What is the point of an instant transfer if the money in which you will be transferring is tied up in limbo? Seems to me if it is only that easy to do an instant transfer in which you require a fee to use, why can we not access our incoming monies just as quickly considering a fee per transaction anyway. Well, there you have it. An honest review from a loyal and honest customer. Hope that it may help to improve the already seamless work flow SquareApp provides as well as to help a new comer decide whether this product is right for them!
Withholding my money for 90 days without explanation
I know many people that use square and like it my experience wasn’t so good I got everything all set up no problem, took my first payment than after that I couldn’t transfer my money. I received a notification saying that I had more setup that needed to be done so I went through the 11 step set up questions/ info that they asked for shortly after that I received an email said that my setup was submitted successfully and it would take 2 days to review. 4 hours later (on a Sunday) I received an email saying that my account was deactivated with no explanation why, so I called them the next day to try to figure out why and all they could tell me is they couldn’t support my business. I did some research to see if anyone else had this issue and apparently it fairly common. So I called again the next day to try to get it figured out and get my money that they are holding and got the run around I ended up talking with someone in account services and she couldn’t tell my why it was deactivated, they only thing she would say is I could refund the payment and ask for a check from the customer (who requested payment by credit card) she repeated herself 4 times and than hung up the phone on me while I was asking her a question. I would recommend that NOBODY use square due to this customer service or lack of service now I have to wait 90 days to get paid when I was depending on this money to continue doing business
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Square, Inc.
- 506.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Block, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.