Peace of Mind Just Got A Lot Easier
As seen on Good Morning America, AT&T Secure Family™ puts parents in control of their children’s phone use. Find your family, control your child’s screen time and manage their phone use.
* Locate Family – Track your child on demand or on a regular schedule, for example every day after school
* Location Alerts - Receive alerts when your child enters or leaves a location, like school or practice.
* Location History - Review where your child has been over the previous seven days.
* Limit Screen Time – Block your child’s mobile data and Wi-Fi, on demand or on a schedule you choose.
* Content Filters – Block inappropriate Apps and websites by age or customize your own settings.
* Web and App Activity (NEW) – Timestamp history of child’s App usage and Websites visited.
AT&T Secure Family is free for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days, you will be billed $7.99 each month (includes support for up to 10 lines). Service auto renews every 30 days unless cancelled.
AT&T Secure Family Companion App
AT&T Secure Family is designed to work with the AT&T Secure Family Companion, a free app in the App Store. Pair your kid’s phone with your phone to get better location accuracy and all the features.
AT&T Wireless customers – pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion is recommended to get all the features of Secure Family. If you do not pair a device, features are limited to AT&T network-based location, scheduled location alerts and location history.
AT&T PREPAID wireless customers and customers of other wireless carriers – pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion on the child device is required to use any of the Secure Family features
Other important information about AT&T Secure Family:
AT&T Postpaid Wireless customers billed by AT&T when purchased through myAT&T or billed to your iTunes account when purchased through the App Store:
- Secure Family and Companion app users must be on the same account. Only authorized app users have permission to locate a family member.
- There is a compatibility conflict that can prevent the addition of AT&T Secure Family Companion to your companion device if you have AT&T Mobile Security Plus running on the same companion device. If you wish to continue with the purchase, you must either remove AT&T Mobile Security Plus from your account or downgrade to AT&T Mobile Security Basic on the companion device before adding AT&T Secure Family Companion.
AT&T PREPAID wireless customers, and customers of other US Wireless carriers billed by the App Store/iTunes:
- After first 30 days, $7.99/mo. will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscription will automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current month’s billing period.
- To view, modify or cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscription terms.
- Devices running the Secure Family App or Secure Family Companion App require iOS v.10 or higher.
- Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Release includes minor bug fixes. We continue to listen do to our valued customers and work to improve your experience.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is probably the best we have found, however we are kidding ourselves when we think our children won’t use a separate VPN or other hidden social media on the web, we simply can’t keep up. That is where it is important that if you are willing to install this on your child’s. The app really needs to have a time limit for the screen time as well as the times of day to use. I think we all would be shocked to see that there is literally hours of screen time that once was used to daydream, read books, or play soccer. Screen time is important and needs a limit just like we had when young on amount of TV time. If possible, somehow limiting APP installation without our approval would also work well. If the user could not install any apps without first approval, it may help. The last thing would be to state “Until this program can be embedded into the actual AT&T phone or system, our kids will always be able to figure out a work around”. It is imperative you also talk with your kids to make this work. There still needs to be a lot of trust. Your trust in your child is still a better deterrent than this program at this time.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate your thoughtful and helpful feedback. As you stated it starts with a proactive conversation with your child to build trust. Technology alone can not build or replace trust. Our development team works hard to improve Secure Family within the guidelines established by the OS supplier. Thank You, AT&T Product Management.
Well designed app - with flaws
I have two big issues with the app:
1) you can limit screen time by time slots, but not by total hours/day. I need both. Want to lock access during school hours, but then let’s say limit internet/game access to one hour on school days, and maybe three hours on weekend days. Can’t do that.
2) when I “pause” internet from the parent app it does not consistently shut down internet on my kid’s phone. Right now she is supposed to be paused but is playing away on Roblox no problem. Yesterday pause worked no problem.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number and they will reply to setup a time for a support call. Thank you, AT&T.
Inaccurate location and constantly needs re-pairing
Update - I have no clue how this app have 4 stars, when all the reviews are negative and the positive ones are from 3 years ago. This app consistently puts my kids in the wood (where people drink and party), when they are over a mile away at a friends house. This is unacceptable. No point in using this if it’s not even close to accurate. It’s been a year with no fix. I live in a fairly decent sized city (not too large, not too small), so if the gps isn’t accurate here then it won’t be anywhere.
Before grounding your teenager, check an alternate app like Life360 to see their location. This app has had my kids in horrific inner city neighborhoods, when I fact they were just right down the road (verified by going there). This is THE WORST app. Unfortunately AT&T had an app that worked moderately well, and shut that down for this app that has less functionality, is extremely inaccurate, stops working and you have to “repair it to your kids phone” weekly your kids can delete it, your kids will turn the app off (mine figured out quickly how to turn off VPN functionality that’s needed to make it work), etc etc.. I want a refund!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AT&T Services, Inc.
- 153.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 AT&T Intellectual Property Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AT&T Secure Family™ $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.