NW Ferry is a traveling companion for commuters and tourists looking to ride the Washington State Ferry system (WSF). From accurate schedules and fares, to timely alerts, terminal cameras and vessel location information, NW Ferry keeps you informed and ready to navigate the Puget Sound with confidence.
* Schedules, fares, terminal cameras, alerts and vessel location information are all available in a clear, cohesive user interface. Simply select departing and arriving terminals along with an optional date to quickly retrieve the information you need.
* Includes a today widget that allows you to see upcoming ferry departure times for the terminal that is closest to your current location.
* Packs an Apple Watch app for retrieving the ferry schedule.
* For select terminals view Terminal Status in the Schedule tab (approximation of remaining vehicle drive-up and reservation spaces for upcoming departures).
* Includes a map view that shows the WSF vessels in real time as they travel across the Puget Sound.
* Tap the reverse direction button to swap departing & arriving terminals.
Provides WSF ferry information for the following terminals:
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Durbinware
NW Ferry requires an Internet connection in order to initially cache schedule and fare data for a specific terminal combination & date.
Note that NW Ferry is in no way affiliated with WSDOT or the Washington State Ferries. However, it makes use of WSDOT's publicly available "Traveler API" (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/api/). This API is subject to change at any time. In the unlikely event of a drastic change, NW Ferry's functionality may be affected.
* Support for Dark Mode
* Up to an hour of past departures are now listed in the Schedule tab for the current date
* Optimized for iOS 13
* Minor enhancements and fixes
Enjoying these updates? Please consider rating NW Ferry in the App Store & recommending it to your friends!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential & easy
Easy to use and absolutely essential for me - a Bainbridge Islander in the Pacific Northwest. I'm back and forth across the Sound all the time and this is one of my go-to apps (this and Maps and Uber)!
Reporting of Available Spaces is Totally Inaccurate
This review applies to the Bainbridge/Seattle run. The reporting of the available spaces was accurate for a long time but over the last few months it has been really bad. It over reports available spots on the Bainbridge side and under reports available spots on the Seattle side. Some of this my be due to the games they need to play with parking due to construction but it’s pretty consistently wrong. All of the other information is useful and accurate.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that the accuracy of the available spaces has felt off for the Seattle / Bainbridge run.
The available spaces (along with other info) in the app comes directly from the WSF data feed (their “Traveler API”). The app does not change these numbers.
As such, if the available spaces numbers are feeling significantly inaccurate it might be worth contacting WSF to see if they assist with improvements to the data itself.
Thus app is not accurate whatsoever, when you can’t distinguish the numbers 0 & 36 you should not be providing information to the public. I depended on this app as I am an avid ferry user daily. How many countless times I could analyze this apps information with arrival time and coordination only to have me sit at the dock an hour longer more times then I’ve tracked. I would not recommend this application to anybody, for those that find success with it congratulations, however I will be reporting this app to the agencies and let them handle it. Thanks again
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 26.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Durbinware
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.