From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — The Desert Sun app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.desertsun.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best desert news media in the valley
I love the Desert Sun. It’s very well written and informative - much better than most Coachella Valley news media. My only complaint is trying to login after I bought a subscription- it really should be quite simple, but someone has managed to make it so bad that I may not renew my subscription.
Decent app, but journalism needs improvement
The app is intuitive and useful. However, The Desert Sun’s journalist writing style is occasionally grammatically incorrect, and articles that provide updates to oft-covered topics never include a backstory paragraph to help the reader understand context and history. And, the photos and videos placed at the top of each article often have nothing to do with the article’s content; in some cases, it has been seriously misleading and irresponsible. For example, when a restaurant in Palm Springs closed suddenly, the photo was of a completely different restaurant. I have complained to the Desert Sun repeatedly about this and have never received any response.
WHERE IS THE NEWS FOR TODAY?
This app used to be a 5 because it was a very easy to read e edition of the paper. NOW you can’t find the most basic of stories from today’s news. No national stories. No national sports. What happened in college football games yesterday. This is November 24. On the Top Stories page, there’s a MLB score from October 30. Did you change the app and put no one in charge of making sure all the news is there? HELP
- 288.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Desert Sun Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.