Kahu helps keep you and your loved ones safe behind the wheel. Get speed, low battery, and GeoFence entry / exit alerts, all from the convenience of your phone. Find and recover your car using real-time GPS tracking.
• Real-Time GPS Tracking – Know where your vehicle is at all times
• Stolen Vehicle Recovery – Contact our concierge service 24x7. We will work with law enforcement directly to recover your vehicle.
• Speed Alerts – Set a speed limit and get notified when car exceeds a designated safe speed. Great for helping new drivers be safe.
• Low Battery Alerts – Monitor battery status to proactively avoid being stranded
• GeoFences – Set up a location boundary and receive an alert when the GeoFence is crossed
• Multi-Vehicle Support – For Kahu families with multiple connected Kahu vehicles, you can add up to four vehicles in one account.
• Vehicle Recalls - Kahu will alert you regarding any potential safety recalls on your vehicle.
- Bug fixes and user experience enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I actually work at a car dealership and sell this product.. I also have it on my own personal vehicle, a 2018 Kia Optima LX.. If I’m being honest, I wouldn’t pay full price for it like the every day consumer.. But since I only had to pay cost for it, and since it was already installed on the car, I went ahead and got it.. I don’t see me needing it for anything except in the event it gets stolen.. That and the 15% discount I get through Liberty Mutual..
The application does not support multiple users to one account. Therefore if you share the application with other family members, your every trip, driving speed’s etc. are available to any family member to log in and interrogate. There is no master user ID that can govern who sees what in the application. You have no way of managing the data that’s captured on you, even though it is your data or data about you.
Personally I do not like the fact that any member of my family can log into the account and track every movement every trip speeds being driven etc. yet if I do not share access with family members should the vehicle be stolen while in their possession they would not be able to use the services of the application and service without contacting me.
In my view there should be a family member application all of you that the primary owner of the account can manage what information they are seeing.
The device came in stalled on my new car by the dealership, and they were unwilling to uninstall the device before I purchased a vehicle. I have provided me with a three-year contract, after which I will not be renewing unless my privacy considerations are taken seriously.
It does tell you where your car is, but that’s about it.
Had it for 10 days and the trips and dashboard features have yet to work. Called support and was told they are working on fixing them. It records stops, but all stops, even traffic lights. Again support told me this is how it is supposed to work. They need to allow user to set stop time minimum or raise it. Also, stops are color coded, but they seem arbitrary. I guess if your car is stolen they could locate it, but my confidence is low. I guess they still have a year of my free trial to convince me that the service is actually worth paying for.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.