Network Ping is a software test tool for maintaining and debugging network problems on a local area network (LAN). Get an easy view for a full subnet on a single screen. Look at the screen to the left displaying the status for devices 192.168.2.0 - 192.168.2.255. Green and the device is working, yellow, there is a problem, and red, the device is not any longer on the LAN.
Need telnet access to a router, no problem, a Telnet console application is also included.
Compared to the Lite version the full version has:
- Up to 400 entries can be saved in the device list, the lite version is limited to 4
- Telnet to any port
- Subnet ping is not interrupted after 255 ping request.
- Ping a single IP address
- Ping a subnet to give an overview for 253 IP addresses
- Port scanner
- Traceroute, to determine the route taken by packets across an IP network
- Telnet console, for simple access to a router or UNIX Server
- Display the iPhone IP address
- New function: Port scanner
- Solved problem with iPad menu and portrait mode
- General bug fixing
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I wish I could change the colors. The new blue on gray is more difficult for me to see.
Simple and functional
Simple tool for ping and trace route. Very useful and recently updated with a new and more appealing App logo.
Needs a few enhancements
This is a good app that helped me diagnose some issues on my network. I really like the Ping subnet feature.
It manages to remember the ip address in the Ping module but does NOT remember the subnet in the Ping Subnet module.
Keyboard for entering IP addresses should default to the numberic keyboard rather than tha Alpha keyboard.
Should leave out the *Pinging host line and only report responses.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.