Generate custom color noises including brown, pink, white, blue, and violet. Customize noise further by using low and high cut filters. Simple modern interface remembers all settings for quick generation and utilizes advanced mathematical formulas to generate all audio waves. There are no audio files included in the application binary which keeps app size to a minimum and app performance to a maximum.
What are benefits of listening to white noise?
- Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
- Pacifies fussy and crying babies
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Increases focus while enhancing privacy
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Masks tinnitus (ringing of the ears)
What are the different sound colors?
- White noise sounds similar to static of an analog TV or radio station that has stopped broadcasting. White noise has equal energy across all sound frequencies.
- Brown noise sounds like a powerful waterfall. It has more energy at the lower frequencies and if you have a good speaker system with a subwoofer you should be able to really feel it.
- Pink noise's upper sound frequencies don't fall off as fast as they do with brown noise, so you'll get a little more punch. The most interesting thing about pink noise is it's found in almost all electronic devices (known as flicker noise) and even in biological systems.
- Blue and violet noise are the opposites of pink and brown noise, respectively, and sound like spraying water from a garden hose. It has more energy at the higher frequencies which means more treble and less bass.
- Curious to learn more about color noises? Check out this article for all the details: http://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise-player/
Drag the Sound Color slider to select brown, pink, white, blue, violet, or somewhere in-between. Next, drag the low and high cut filters to further customize to your liking. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider to a comfortable level. You can also specify to play audio to any AirPlay supported device. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.
Created by the audio experts at TMSOFT that brought you the famous White Noise app. Check out all our apps and sounds at http://www.tmsoft.com/
Updated libraries to be GDPR compliant and other minor improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing relief from tinnitus
Having suffered from tinnitus for 20 months, I was desperately looking for a way to hear nothing. I downloaded a few apps, and this one was the absolute winner. I found out that I could stop the ringing if I play a high frequency tone (somewhere between 10 and 11 kHz) and hold it close to my ear. I need to move my phone around a bit to find the right position where I don’t hear the tone from the app or the ringing in my ear. It’s amazing; experts say it is impossible to use anti-noise, because tinnitus isn’t a real sound, but this absolutely works for me. The ringing comes back after a minute or so, but at least there is the option to not hear it every now and then. I’m going to try earbuds and see if I can have a tinnitus-free night, thank you!
Answer to prayer!!!
Thank you so much for this app!!! I noticed that the pulsating, humming, low frequency noise that I’ve been hearing has become louder. It has had a completely overwhelming negative effect on my ears, head, body and life in general. And I honestly did not need another thing to deal with! And now that the nice weather is here, everyone’s out with their noise makers, adding to the noise pollution. I started looking for “noise” generators, and came across apps... so I got on here, looking... I LOVE this app!!! It has been a game changer for sure!!! It’s simple to use and exactly what I need! And it’s great that I can blue tooth it into my cube speaker, and that drowns out everything!!! I actually deleted all my other apps! Again thank you so much!!!!
This is great
I suffer from tinnitus that occasionally gets worse for some reason. Today was one of those days so I decided to check if the app store perhaps had an app that would alleviate the symptoms.
This app was free so I thought I will try it first before moving to any of the paid apps.
It turned out that the sound frequencies that I got this app to make reduced the tinnitus noise rather quickly. This is of course my individual experience so the results may not be the same for everyone.
But considering the price of $0 I think this app is great!
Now a note to the developer in that I would not paying something for an ads-free version (simply because I prefer my apps without ads). Thank you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.