NorthShore University HealthSystem
NorthShoreConnect makes it easier than ever to take charge of your health care, simplifying how you communicate with your care team, schedule in-person or virtual visits and access your medical records.
NorthShoreConnect is available to our patients, with the latest features.
The app provides you with these features:
• Schedule or manage appointments with physicians and other healthcare providers
• Find urgent care, hospital and clinic locations
• Book a virtual video visit
• View your medical records and lab results
• Find a physician
• Send a secure message to your physician
• Request prescription refills
• Receive text and e-mail alerts with appointment reminders and completed test results
• Access your COVID-19 digital vaccination card and proof of other vaccinations
• Check in for appointments
• Pay bills
• Manage multiple accounts for your entire family
• HealthKit enables you to log your health and activity in Track My Health
• Improved accessibility experience with large text sizes enabled
• Added new search functionality on the home page
• Added a new contact NorthShore directory page created with links to call and message NSC Support Line and Billing
• Fixes and improvements to enhance performance and experience
Ratings and Reviews
NorthShore Connect Review
I find North Shore Connect to be a great way to connect with my doctors and their staff and receive an answer to a question, or check on test results, and make or confirm an appointment. I do however, find logging in an issue. NS Connect is supposed remember my password; it does not. If I type a letter or number incorrectly to log in, it often doesn’t let me correct it, but only to use a new password. I seem to have an easier time using my iPad than my iPhone. There are days I give up and use my cell phone instead, since many new passwords are not accepted. If logging in can be made easier, than NS Connect would be used more frequently. I have spoken to friends and family and they too have this issue. North Shore Connect does not remember my face any longer and I can change my password constantly, but I cannot change my face. Very frustrating!
The day of the Personal Touch is gone!
I guess I’m somewhat old fashioned, but I would still like to talk to the doctor when test results indicate that there are new significant health concerns, instead of receiving cryptic messages through the app containing misspelled words, medical terms that require Googling and warnings like “URGENT- see the first available cardiologist!” Imagine getting that message and having all weekend to sit around and ponder it because the phone lines are closed until Monday!
A simple 5 minute phone call saying “here’s what we have learned and here’s what we need to do next” should still be the norm when circumstances merit it. Maybe once they figure out how to bill for it, the personal touch will make a comeback.
Overly complicated visually
The layout is not intuitively designed. it’s designed around the one person’s mind thinks…., bad deal. It’s overly busy ironically in its attempts to be simple. But too many headers lead to too few logical landing points and the depth leaves a lot to be desired. There is nothing powerful about the app making it a “tool” for the user, but rather more of a maze. Get a different coder and get the flowchart structure of the app simplified and make user data in tests and inquiry data useful to adults analyzing it, not a child’s simple mindedness to just se a number that means Nothing without context and chart HISTORY graphs. After all how can you empower your users and patients if they can’t get a visual idea as to where they’ve been, where they are at last test and where they need to go. Lay it out for adults. It’s useless the way it’s currently laid out citing user/patients no feedback for them to work with
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- 114 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Epic Systems Corporation