United Airlines 4+
Designed for iPad
Meet the United app
From planning, to booking, to day of travel, we’ve got you covered.
On our app you can:
• look for flights across our global network and book them easily for yourself, or your friends and family
• check in for your flight and get your boarding pass before you get to the airport
• change seats, or flights, if something better becomes available
• make sure you’re prepared for your trip with our Travel-Ready Center
• add your bags, drop them at bag drop shortcut, and track them along your journey
• use our built-in terminal guide to find your gate and navigate the airport with ease
• watch movies, play games, and pay for inflight snacks and drinks while you’re in the air
• enroll in MileagePlus or manage your MileagePlus account and use your miles to book award travel in our app
• talk, text or video chat with an agent if you have any questions about your trip
• figure out your next move if your flight is delayed or cancelled
• use our Travel-Ready Center to navigate everything needed for travel. Learn about COVID-19 travel requirements and upload the necessary test results, vaccine documentation, and destination entry forms. It even integrates with Apple Health, allowing you to seamlessly provide your proof of vaccination.
Have you tried out our new Live Activities feature? You can now get details about your trip (including a countdown to departure, when boarding has started, if your inbound plane is on its way and more) as well as easy access to your boarding pass – all from your lock screen.
In addition, we’ve launched a new game called 2048 in the Game Center.
Ratings and Reviews
United customer service
Rick Clifton, the United Airlines gate person at gate A11 at the Seattle Washington airport, was spectacular in his service to us. Alaska Airlines had cancelled our flight and rebooked us with United Airlines on flight 529. We did not know where to go, much less how to get checked in. We were surely set up for a bad experience! But, then we met United Airlines person Rick Clifton. He not only helped us get checked in and made sure our luggage got transferred, but about two hours later Rick came and found us, as we were spending the night at the terminal loading gate A11 area and gave us our boarding passes. Rick truly went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of!! I am so thankful to him and to United Airlines!! We don’t fly very often and only flew on Alaskan Airlines due to the cruise line booked this flight and we had no choice. Trust me when I say, if I get to choose who I fly with, it will only be with United Airlines!! They truly are the friendly skies and folks like Rick Clifton go out of their way to make it so!! I can’t say enough how happy we are to have met Rick Clifton, as he turn a cancelled flight experience, which could have been a major
negative, into not only a tolerable experience, but actually a positive experience!!
If you have to fly, United Airlines is the only way to go!!
An awesome time saver!
Access to my ‘ticket’ and flight information is so quickly is awesome! Wow, I remember having to go down to a ticket office(30 min) and spend an hour having someone else tell what they thought my flight options were (60min) and then having to print a ticket and keep up with it(never) and then strategically place the ticket where I can present it to 4 different people so I can make it through the airport including checking in for flight (60min+) then security, gate agent, and flight attendant all while stopping to check the board for which gate (15min) and any updates and heaven forbid I have a connecting flight and another flight coupon! Only complaint is I seem to have to closedown the app to get it to update added reservations - even if I made the reservation with the app. But maybe that is because I have gotten so used to having the information right away! It actually seems like the app, through notifications, gets the updated flight information quicker than the gate agents and flight crews! Makes me feel like a seasoned traveler - Well Done! Keep those updates coming.
App Devs - Hope you read
I dislike leaving a “review” when I really need to submit a product complaint, but United leaves me no other obvious choice to submit feedback about the app. Overall, it’s a great app. But now that you must put in your card information into the app in order to make purchases on board, there’s a problem. I am NOT going to verify my card every time I check in for a flight. That’s just stupid. I do it once, and that should be it. I take at least two flights a week on United. So at least twice a week I’m being asked to verify a card that I verified less than 4 days ago. You may say that “we need to verify the card is still in your possession” or some other reason. Sorry. But that’s your problem. If you require us to use the app instead of presenting a card, then there are certain risks you accept. Sure. Some guy that flys once a year? Make him verify the card. Your Platinums? Stop hassling us. It’s easier for me to skip on board purchases than to have to go through a verification every time I check in. Especially since I have to click all the extra boxes now because some people are too stupid to know to not fly if they have Covid and that they have to wear a mask. I hate the dumbing down of America to its lowest common denominator. So ease up on the card verification or go back to taking cards in flight.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 433.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.