Meet the United app
From planning, to booking, to day of travel, we’ve got you covered.
On our app you can:
• look for flights across our global network and book them easily for yourself, or your friends and family
• check in for your flight and get your boarding pass before you get to the airport
• change seats, or flights, if something better becomes available
• make sure you’re prepared for your trip with our Travel-Ready Center
• add your bags, drop them at bag drop shortcut, and track them along your journey
• use our built-in terminal guide to find your gate and navigate the airport with ease
• watch movies, play games, and pay for inflight snacks and drinks while you’re in the air
• enroll in MileagePlus or manage your MileagePlus account and use your miles to book award travel in our app
• talk, text or video chat with an agent if you have any questions about your trip
• figure out your next move if your flight is delayed or cancelled
We continue to make enhancements to help make the app easier to use and provide more consistency.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly frustrating experience!
Not sure why your app does not notify of changes to seats we’ve booked for months. Went to check in and saw my wife and I were separated by 12 rows AND on opposite sides of the 787, without any notification. This is unacceptable and too easy to remedy. A simple e-mail or text would suffice to let me know to work this issue, but no, you just separate us without a word! Then, spent 50 minutes on hold to change seats way back in economy and had to ask to get economy plus bundle refunded. Now on hold to talk to a supervisor because the representative is not authorized to do anything other than change seats and give us a refund of our bundle. Though she was very nice and efficient (after 50 minutes on hold) she was not authorized to do anything to bring me back as a customer. I am reconsidering United as my preferred airline. This has been incredibly frustrating. Oh, and to register a complaint, I have to go to your website and “fill out a form.” I would expect to be contacted by a customer service rep directly after this poor service.
Great Agent Frustrating online system
And checking in I had two experiences: the first was online, and was extremely frustrating, and did not provide options, reflecting my personal circumstances. Additionally, I couldn’t find a phone number for customer service while I was trying to check in and encountering problems, me so I had to engage a separate search.
The second experience wash great: with the help from your agent Gretchen. Gretchen positively delightful. I explained my handicap to her and she help me find appropriate accommodation. She however didn’t have authority to help me with the United online system failure regarding my baggage check. Luckily with her help and encouragement, iI reengaged the online check in. I want to make a special point of stating that with Gretchen’s help and courtesy, what seemed on the verge of becoming a very bad experience ruined to a satisfying one. She was very charming and polite and found creative way to sort out my personal problem. The problem she was not able to help me with, is my coming that comparing United economy class, to those of other airlines like Jet Blue, American Southwest Delta, and and all the international airlines I use. The best airlines (Southwest, Jet Blue, Jet Blue, for example allow economy customers one free, checked bag, and addition to the carry-on. Except for the lovely agent, Gretchen, I was very disappointed in United Airlines performance so far with regards to this flight.
App Devs - Hope you read
I dislike leaving a “review” when I really need to submit a product complaint, but United leaves me no other obvious choice to submit feedback about the app. Overall, it’s a great app. But now that you must put in your card information into the app in order to make purchases on board, there’s a problem. I am NOT going to verify my card every time I check in for a flight. That’s just stupid. I do it once, and that should be it. I take at least two flights a week on United. So at least twice a week I’m being asked to verify a card that I verified less than 4 days ago. You may say that “we need to verify the card is still in your possession” or some other reason. Sorry. But that’s your problem. If you require us to use the app instead of presenting a card, then there are certain risks you accept. Sure. Some guy that flys once a year? Make him verify the card. Your Platinums? Stop hassling us. It’s easier for me to skip on board purchases than to have to go through a verification every time I check in. Especially since I have to click all the extra boxes now because some people are too stupid to know to not fly if they have Covid and that they have to wear a mask. I hate the dumbing down of America to its lowest common denominator. So ease up on the card verification or go back to taking cards in flight.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- United Air Lines
- 381.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 6.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 United Airlines Holdings, Inc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.