Voice Memos turns your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch into a portable audio recorder, making it easy to capture and share personal notes, family moments, classroom lectures, and more. Editing tools like trim and replace let you fine-tune your recordings. And with iCloud support, you can capture audio on the go with your iOS device, then use your Mac to do even more with your recordings.
• Record using the built-in microphone, a Bluetooth headset, or a compatible external microphone.
• Choose compressed or uncompressed audio formats.
• Automatically name recordings based on your location.
• iCloud support to keep your recordings and edits in sync across all your devices.
• Pinch-to-zoom for more precision when editing.
• Trim your recordings to save just the portion you want.
• Replace and resume to fine-tune your recordings.
• Enhance Recording reduces background noise and room reverberation with a single tap.
• Quickly find recordings with the search feature.
• Folders make it easy to organize your recordings.
• Mark recordings as Favorites so you can quickly access them later.
Listen and share
• Speed up or slow down playback of your recordings, or jump 15 seconds forward or back.
• Skip Silence analyzes your recordings and automatically skips over gaps in your audio.
• Share multiple recordings at once via AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more.
Voice Memos for Apple Watch
• Capture new recordings right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• Listen to your most recent recordings through the built-in speaker on Apple Watch or connect a bluetooth device.
• Rename recordings with Dictation or Scribble.
Ratings and Reviews
Memos Are “Key”
I’m a singer/songwriter who’s also a farmer. Many song ideas come to me when my hands aren’t both free to write/type lyrics as they come. Voice Memos allow me to do it on the go, safely. My #1 creative tool! This is where I stamp out the bricks of the musical cathedrals I build later in the studio. So many precious recordings of my children’s younger voices singing and laughing and reading or just talking, even arguing have all been preserved thanks to this app. It’s literally one of the most powerful tools on any smart device/apple product. It’s not complicated, but its simplicity is its brilliance. I’ve been a dedicated apple user since the first IPod came out, my very first “studio” recording was n an iMac, my iPad changed my life professionally as a videographer and my iPhone is a walking archive of over a decade of creative inventory saved on Memos. I’m thankful in a very meaningful way for every person who contributes to making this app available to me. To replace the information stored here in an analogue way would be a work of immense scale. What a world we live in! Tim Sprigg Norton, KS
Voice Memo App
This app is very handy should you have a thought of importance yet not in a position to write at that moment. Simply, verbalize your thinking into the voice memo. You will never lose that thought.
(A word of advise: Never ask someone to “Rate” one of your Apps on a scale of one Star up to Five Stars; yet, once the person does what you ask THEN you insist on that person writing a review for you. Even if it is not what the Rater wants to do. You give only two options 1). “write a review” or
2). OK. Shame on you! Your deception is clear to us. You SHOULD provide a third option: 3). I’ll not write a review but thanks for asking. We are human and make mistakes. Nevertheless, a real man acknowleges his mistake once the error is known Then immediatly makes it right by correcting the problem thus improving the product. I wonder if a real man will even read my review and have the integrtiy to do as I’ve suggested. (PS: I suspect I’m old enough to be your Grandfather. We all know it’s a universal law…Grandfathers and Grandmothers can give unsolicited advice.
(Look it up…It’s on the internet.😉).
Loves all my songs
It makes all my songs good, but just that it doesn’t it doesn’t let us change our voice. That’s what I don’t like. It’s a really good app. I love seeing on here. I have like seven things on here more I don’t know but I love it but do you know how many reviews this thing I don’t know, but I just don’t like because it doesn’t let us change your voice and voice like a freaking rat, so that’s why I wanna say this is letting us voice changes right changing my voice you guys just start agreeing with me with that because like I don’t know, but this is not good bro I like it but you guys have to agree with me they should start adding voice changes so that way is way better right is way better if they’re adding voice changes and then what changes will be real good and everybody’s gonna give me that that the changes will be real good and the app is really really good I don’t mind giving it a 19 star review but the night reviews don’t exist so I just want to say that that’s all I want to say and what I’m doing right now is none of your business ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Apple Watch
- Requires watchOS 5.1 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.