Voice Memos turns your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch into a portable audio recorder, making it easy to capture and share personal notes, family moments, classroom lectures, and more. Editing tools like trim and replace let you fine-tune your recordings. And with iCloud support, you can capture audio on the go with your iOS device, then use your Mac to do even more with your recordings.
• Record using the built-in microphone, a Bluetooth headset, or a compatible external microphone.
• Choose compressed or uncompressed audio formats.
• Automatically name recordings based on your location.
• iCloud support to keep your recordings and edits in sync across all your devices.
• Pinch-to-zoom for more precision when editing.
• Trim your recordings to save just the portion you want.
• Replace and resume to fine-tune your recordings.
• Enhance Recording reduces background noise and room reverberation with a single tap.
• Quickly find recordings with the search feature.
• Folders make it easy to organize your recordings.
• Mark recordings as Favorites so you can quickly access them later.
Listen and share
• Speed up or slow down playback of your recordings, or jump 15 seconds forward or back.
• Skip Silence analyzes your recordings and automatically skips over gaps in your audio.
• Share multiple recordings at once via AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more.
Voice Memos for Apple Watch
• Capture new recordings right from your wrist and automatically sync across your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with iCloud.
• Listen to your most recent recordings through the built-in speaker on Apple Watch or connect a bluetooth device.
• Rename recordings with Dictation or Scribble.
Ratings and Reviews
Changing from very helpful to could use help
Developer help please. Is there a way to edit thee memo to share it with someone when file is to long..??
I have learning more and more creative ways to use this app. I can leave voice text for people. Which is awesome because I have a little bit of shake starting in my hands and I have bad wrists and all sorts of stuff so typing on a small pad bothers me but I’ve learned my dog wines and carry on and it’s so supersensitive I don’t have to put it close to him and it still picks it up the only thing I would like is to be able to share it with Facebook. I’m part of the group called what to dogs think and I’ve got a very funny one about him in a bath thanks
Please Fix This
So I’m a medical student and I sometimes need to take a voice memo of long lectures in class like about 1-3 hours long, and When I want to study from this app I face a lot of problems
First Of all I can’t keep the phone’s screen on all the time first of all because it consumes battery so I do not change the sleep mode but when I turn off the screen while listening to the lecture I face no problem the record still works but when I stop the recording to revise things in my mind for few mins, When I try to start it again with the lock screen on it doesn’t work anymore and I have to open the phone and the app again to make it continue, so I started keeping the screen on by touching it every few mins so it doesn’t sleep but the problem is there’s very little area to click on to remove the dark screen before the sleep sometimes by mistake I click on another recording and I lose the minute I stopped at in the previous recording this is very tiring please find a solution
I need to report an issue and it seems like it’s been problematic to other users but I happen to notice that some of my recordings have been returning no audio sound. This has been an existing issue and I believe it has not been addressed as of yet. I notice only the saved recordings where the pause/resume button was used, no sound present. Please do investigate this because it is very concerning and I use all I use the voice recording for work and personal use. I currently have about 3 to 5 recordings that I can’t listen to on my IPAD because the audio has been disabled. It seems to me that the issue is deriving from the pause/resume button just for the simple fact that all my other recordings that did not have any interference were just straight through recordings and so when I go and play them back I have no issues, I can hear the audio perfectly. And if this is being worked on can someone reach out to me and provide an update that would be great
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.