VW Car-Net® app(1). Lock or unlock your doors(2), remote honk and flash(3) your vehicle, check to see if you have enough fuel for your morning drive, or remote start(4) your engine (if vehicle is equipped) to warm up the car. Can’t remember where you parked? Ask Siri to find it, “Hey Siri, where is my VW?” and a handy little map will show your last parked location(5). Keep tabs on your car when someone else is driving with speeds alerts(3), curfew alerts(3), valet alerts(6) and boundary alerts(3). This latest app version includes NEW features for Model Year 2020 vehicles: anti-theft alerts(6), DriveView(7) score (with acceptance of terms) and remote start(4) (if equipped).
For additional details, go to vw.com/carnet.
The following features are exclusive to the e-Golf (except MY2020):
• View current battery charge level, included estimated driving range
• Choose your desired temperature settings before getting in the vehicle
• Select when to stop, start, or how much to charge your vehicle
VW Car-Net is available on most model year 2020 vehicles and the following 2014-2019 models: CC, EOS, Beetle (Convertible and Coupe), Jetta (SE with Connectivity, SEL, TDI, GLI, and Hybrid), Passat (SE, SEL Premium, including TDI and VR6), Tiguan (SEL, R-Line and Limited), Golf/GTI/R/SportWagen, e-Golf, Golf Alltrack, Atlas and Arteon.
1. Standard text and data rates may apply. Always pay careful attention to the road, and do not drive while distracted.
2. See Owner’s Manual for further details and important warnings about locking and unlocking your vehicle remotely.
3. Standard text and data rates may apply.
4. Requires VW Car-Net Mobile App and compatible factory-installed or dealer-installed remote start feature. See Owner’s Manual for further details and important warnings about the keyless ignition feature. Do not leave vehicle unattended with the engine running, particularly in enclosed spaces, and consult local laws for any limitations on use. Standard text and data rates may apply.
5. Do not use feature to locate stolen vehicle.
6. Requires VW Car-Net Mobile App. Standard text and data rates may apply.
7. Discounted insurance rates may not be available in all states. Discounts are provided by third party auto insurance companies and are not guaranteed. Use of your vehicle by multiple drivers may impact your driving score and your ability to obtain discounted insurance. Always obey all speed and traffic laws.
We continuously work to improve app performance and customer experience. For this version, we worked hard to prevent our users from being spontaneously logged out of their accounts. We also patched up some UI glitches that users on iOS 12 and below were experiencing.
Ratings and Reviews
Bugging but functional
The upgrade to this version took 2 week’s of service interruption, which is beyond unacceptable if I were to pay for the service.
Ignoring that failure the app seems to work, looks cleaner and has all the features you would expect (minus the vehicle health report as email they used to offer).
Only 4 starts because it shows max range and zero charge when the car is actually fully charged. Plus it is annoying that you have to manually refresh to see the latest stats.
Welllll.... I’m glad that the app is “fixed” and finally available to update- Seems to be working okay... Log In and set up was fairly easy.. All my info was still there and the only thing I had to do was add security questions. I did have to shut off the notifications about my doors being unlocked... I don’t need to be notified about that every few moments especially since it’s sitting in my garage.. Only issue I have with this new version of the app would be the fuel ⛽️ calculation and miles to empty... The app has it wrong... I just filled my tank up and it says I can only go 99 miles.. Perhaps it will update again... Otherwise it doesn’t seem like they really changed anything on the app so not sure why an update was even necessary...?! Overall, I have no complaints
No Apple Watch Support
New version doesn’t send notifications to my Apple Watch. App that’s available to download on my watch is the one that was linked to the previous car net app. App on my watch tells me to log on to the car net app on my phone. The app on my phone stays logged on. Also, why is this app available for iPads and iPods? Who uses an iPod in this day and age? Also, both of those devices has to be on WiFi for the app to be functional. My Apple Watch has cell capabilities, therefore I can control the features of the app from any location. This includes not being within Bluetooth connectivity distance between my watch and my phone. Again, the app being compatible to an iPad and/or iPod is pointless if you’re not connected to WiFi.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.