Life Cycle automatically keeps track of your time and presents your life sorted into slices. It shows you your daily activities, places you go, and who you spend time with. Life Cycle weekly journal provides personalized insights and clarity to your week passed. Start each week with a look back. Remember where you’ve been and vision where you’re going.
Whether you’re just curious of how your time is spent or looking to make a change, Life Cycle is your daily companion, providing you with all the information and insights you need. What’s more - it uses only 1% of your phone’s battery while it seamlessly does the work.
• Automatic - Life Cycle works in the background, recording and sorting what you do as you go about your daily business.
• Less than 1% battery - Life Cycle uses less than 1% of your battery per day as it runs in the background.
• Weekly journal - Weekly insight to activities, accompanied by photos tied to moments passed.
• From a day to a year - view your life day by day, week by week, month by month or even year by year.
• Apple Health - Fully integrated. Imports all activities, mindfulness and sleep data.
• Friends - Connect with your friends on Facebook and see who you’re spending time with, what you’re doing and where.
• Sleep Cycle connection - For accurate sleep data, connect with Sleep Cycle alarm clock through Apple Health. (Life Cycle only reads data from Health, it does not share any data. It reads Sleep Analysis and Steps data.)
• Connect to your Sleep Cycle account - If you have an online backup account with Sleep Cycle, Life Cycle will let you know how your daily habits affect your sleep quality score.
• Backup - Keep your data safe with our backup system. Never worry about losing your Life Cycle logs again.
• Graphs - Beyond the donuts, Life Cycle shows you what you do with your time in detailed graphs for deeper analysis. The visuals gives you insight to if you're spending your time on what’s most important to you.
• Compare trends - see if you’re dropping in sleep hours, if you’re working too much or if you’ve taken longer walks this week. Compare trends over the weeks, months or years.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Life Cycle does not use the GPS in the background, but instead relies on cell tower and Wi-Fi locations. As a result, it consumes less than 1% of your battery per day, when the app runs in the background.
• Life Cycle needs to run in the background to be able to record your data. It only uses 1% of your battery per day when doing so.
• You need to carry your phone with you, for Life Cycle to accurately record and interpret your activities.
• Wi-Fi should be enabled on your phone for tracking to work.
Should you choose to subscribe to Life Cycle Premium, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. You can manage or cancel your auto-renewable subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends, with the same kind of subscription you already bought, to the same price. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of service: https://www.northcube.com/terms-service-life-cycle/
This release contains minor improvements and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be stunning
Update: I should’ve confessed by now something LifeCycle has been telling me for years- either I waste a lot of time, take my time or am just slow. Challenge yourself to find out what you’ve been hiding from yourself. ——————— ——————— ——————— ——————— ———————
I know I reviewed this before and always with the same comments. It's great, even when we don't go anywhere- I sometimes grab a screenshot or photo to mark a transition from one activity to another and add so many in manually later. There's not enough resolution to know from my Nia, Yoga or swimming in the same complex. I wouldn't expect it, don't know why other reviewers did and why they dropped 🌟 because of it. 🙄 My only (only?) issues are the colors and icons. Why so few? I've re-useds icons but they've often not been appropriate for any category. The same goes for the colors; the dreary, dreary colors. A color wheel could make us happy and how thrilling it would be if you bought or designed as many icons as there are now! What if even half of those had the subtle, sneaky movement some of the original have? Imagine how amazing your app would be!
Needs a few changes
I’ve been trying out the free trail for a few weeks, and I love the idea behind this app so far. However, I will not be paying for premium and don’t see myself sticking even to the free version because of a few small bugs that irritate me. First, there are some bugs with this app tracking location. It can sometimes take a couple days for it to pop up that I was in an area or it won’t show up at all, then I have to enter it manually (which is both annoying and inaccurate). Second, why can’t I edit the activities already in the app? I don’t need a lunch and dinner option, just a “food” option. I could create my own, but it still irritates me to see the other options cluttering up my activities. Third, an activity at a uncategorized location will have a general area on a map tagged to it. But once I put in a custom name for the location, sometimes the location is untagged? Fourth, I’d like to be able to start an activity in the app somehow and stop it manually. Rather than having to remember my start and stop times and enter it after I finish if I want to manually create an activity. Finally, it would be nice to have more color options and be able to view my day in chronological order as well as by category. Overall the concept behind this app is great but I’m going to delete it because the execution makes the app more difficult to use than it’s insights are worth.
Not Completely Automatic.
I have been using this for a number of years now. At first I understood that I needed to tell it what I was doing as it learned the locations and many times it was just unable to get it close. After years of it having inaccurate location data I finally decided to raise a case with support just to find out if I can manually move the map pin to the correct location. I was told that it is unable to change the pin as it just pulls the data from the built in location services that the phone does automatically. Upon learning how it does it, I was able to look up the data from the most recent inaccurate map pin only to find that the phone had the location correct. I also noticed that the times on the in built data was more accurate than life cycle. I wrote back to support saying that the phone had the correct location and asked how can I get the app to use it. The response I got back that it wasn’t possible and just to create an event manually. When you do that though it doesn’t let you pick an address or location on a map so if you return you have to hope it gets it right when you go back. Would have given a higher rating if they showed some effort at improving it. But since there has been hardly any changes to the app since it started I shouldn’t expect them to start it now.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sleep Cycle AB
- 28.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Northcube AB
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features with Online Backup $29.99
- Premium Features with Online Backup $29.99