The official Google app gives you more ways to search – Use your camera to uncover who painted that artwork, translate a menu on your travels, find out what type of dog that fluffy thing is, shop anything you can see, and solve your homework. Oh, and you can also search for songs by humming.
• Use your camera to identify what you’re looking at – whether that’s a colorful butterfly, a spiky plant, or anything else you’re curious about.
• Translate over 100 languages on things like road signs, menus, and any other words you can point your camera at.
• See something you like? Use your camera to find out where you can buy it.
• Refine your camera searches by adding words – whether you want those shoes but in ‘blue’, or want to learn how to ‘repair’ that broken bit on your bicycle.
• Search by singing, even when you’ve forgotten the lyrics. Hum a song into the Google app to find out what it is.
• Use your camera for homework help. With step-by-step guides and videos, you can learn ways to solve math, chemistry, biology and physics problems.
Get personalized updates in Discover:
• Stay in the know about topics that interest you.
• Start your morning with weather and top news.
• Get real-time updates on sports, movies, and events.
• Know as soon as your favorite artists drop new albums.
• Get stories about your interests and hobbies.
• Follow interesting topics, right from Search results.
Search safely and securely:
• All searches in the Google app are protected by encrypting the connection between your device and Google.
• Privacy controls are easy to find and use. Tap your profile picture to access your menu and delete recent search history from your account with one click.
• Search proactively filters webspam to help ensure that you see safe, high-quality results.
More ways to access Google:
• Google Search widget — Search from your home screen or lock screen with the new Google widget. Choose from 2 widgets, giving you a quick search bar in both sizes, and shortcuts to choose how you Search with Lens, Voice, and Incognito in the medium size widget.
Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about
Your feedback helps us create products you'll love. Join a user research study here:
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to provide a better search experience.
Ratings and Reviews
New Search Window
The new window that pops up when you select a search result is ridiculous. It takes up more screen space and you are unable to select the url bar to search there like you could before. Instead, now you must return to the google search results page and type your query there instead. The page url still shows at the top of your screen, and selecting it copies the link instead of allowing you to modify it. This change significantly slows down search time and tab browsing time. Additionally, the back arrow from the top is now gone, leaving you with the back and forward arrows at the bottom, which do not have the same affect as the large back arrow that used to be present.
I like this app, I have never had much problems with it, if this change does not become optional or removed I will most likely be removing this app and looking for an alternative, as this change seriously diminishes the app’s usability.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! The product team is constantly working to improve the Search experience across all devices, so we'll be sure to pass this along for you.
About To Delete This App
I use the Google app pretty exclusively for searches and quick internet answers. The annoyances are getting greater than the help. The search by picture has turned into a vomit of results that just go based on similar color of items, not the items themselves or even brand words. The picture search USED to be helpful when looking for specific items I’m trying to buy. It’d look for that specific item, which was super helpful since sellers use different words and titles in their postings. Google killed that! Now, after the latest update, I’m forced to deal with the stupid predictive text vomit as I’m trying to type. I don’t like predictive or recommended text, so I don’t have those options enabled on my phone. Now, Goggle app is THE ONLY thing on my phone that chucks words above my keyboard that they think I’m wanting to use. Searching for answers on how to get rid of it only ends in frustration and repeated steps of “turn off auto complete” which I’ve already had turned off long ago. I don’t know who Google algorithms is tracking for most of the recommendations of websites, searches, words they think I’m trying to type, but it’s definitely NOT me. 90% of their ‘perfect for you’ recommendations are garbage I couldn’t care less about and haven’t looked up. I’m to the point of looking for an alternate search app that doesn’t give random crap recommendations or force “features” that are unwanted.
Wow, Google has no shame what so ever, does it? Asks for a phone number to create an account, and just look at all the things they track with this app. From finances, browse history, and on and on. They claim that you need to provide them your phone humber to verify you are not a bot, really? Not even close. Google wants all the information they can about you. Not only to track you better, but to make money off of you. People think that Googles makes money through it’s products, and in a way they are correct, but the real product that they sell, their real bread and butter money maker, is the sales and sharing of your personal information. And I am talking in the most shamelessly ways possible. Sadly, you can explain this to people and they still use their products claiming that they have nothing to hide. Boy people have become brainless. Like Edward Snowden once said,
"Saying that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide, it's no different than saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say. It's a fundamentally an un-American principle. And more than nationalism, more than what this country is about, it's a deeply antisocial principle. Because rights are not just individual, they are collective, and what may not be of value to you today may have value to an entire population, an entire people, or an entire way of life tomorrow. And if you don't stand for it, then who will?"
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 306.7 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.