Get all your favorite TV, all in one app. Watch critically acclaimed Apple Original series and films from Apple TV+. Buy or rent new and popular movies. Access everything from popular streaming apps. Subscribe to premium channels. Follow all your favorite sports teams. All curated and personalized for you.
Try Apple TV+ free for 7 days. Apple TV+ features Apple Originals — award-winning series, compelling dramas, groundbreaking documentaries, kids’ entertainment, comedies, and more — with new Apple Originals added every month.
Apple TV app helps you:
• Watch new, exclusive Apple Originals every month on Apple TV+, like Greyhound, Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Defending Jacob, Central Park, For All Mankind, Ghostwriter, and more.
• Buy or rent new release movies or explore the catalog of over 100,000 movies and shows—including the largest selection of 4K HDR titles.
• Try Apple TV channels, including Paramount+, SHOWTIME, Noggin, Starz and more. Subscribe to just the channels you want and share with your family. Channels play on the Apple TV app ad-free, online or off—no additional apps, accounts, or passwords needed.
• Discover shows and movies from over 100 video streaming apps, including Disney+, HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, Peacock and more with personalized recommendations from all of them in one place.
• Sign in with your pay-TV subscription to unlock on-demand shows and movies as well as live sports included with your subscription.
• Find the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac, as well as Samsung and LG Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Roku devices and more smart TVs and streaming devices.
Apple TV app makes watching TV easier:
• Watch Now includes Up Next—your personal watchlist. It helps you quickly find and watch your favorites, plus resume what you’re already watching from the moment you left off, across all your devices.
• Browse Sports to see live and upcoming games for both national and local sports. Choose your favorite teams to automatically add games to Up Next and receive notifications for close games and more.
• A dedicated Kids section helps you discover great, editorially handpicked shows and movies for kids of all ages.
• Easily find all of your purchased movies and shows in the Library tab. Browse by recently added, downloaded, genre, and more.
• Stream over a Wi-Fi or cellular connection, or download to watch offline.
• iOS devices using iOS 12.3 or later
• Some features require internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
• HDR video playback may not be available for all content or on all devices
Ratings and Reviews
The Black Hole
One has to view this movie from the perspective of the time in which it was made in terms of special effects and production. With that being said, it’s one of my favorites from the late 70s. Or is it the early 80s? It was released in December 1979. So we’re at the end of one decade and the start of another. All in all it’s a fun movie. I was a young kid when this came out and certain elements scared me like the abandoned crew quarters with personal property left behind along with the robotic crew that turns out aren’t so robotic after all. This is one of those films that you can’t overthink about. Just enjoy it. This is from that era when everybody in film and television we’re getting into the sci-fi genre after the success of Star Wars i.e. Battle Star Galactica, the Flash Gordon remake although the original was an inspiration for Star Wars, Battle Beyond the Stars, the Buck Rogers remake. Again, another inspiration for Star Wars. The start of the Star Trek movie franchise. Ignore the science and don’t overthink it as stated above. Just imagine that you’re a ten year old in 1979 who’s seeing this movie for the first time.
It’s a great app to just sit back and relax and watch and old movie from the past. Cause the one I just watched was Brother Bear and once in a while it catches my tears that it’s still such a great movie about brotherhood and the best line is when Dehani tells Kenai no matter what he chooses your always going to be my little brother. And that line is the best one yet. But yeah mainly it’s a great escape to find that movie and tv show comfort and closure about these moments and helps me realize. That when watching those old movies from growing up always gives us such a huge impact on our adult lives and I have many but one of them was what I just discussed briefly. And so yeah keep up the great work, the amazing art work, and making those movies a reality and maybe someday in this future of ours we’re going into could make a movie about Apple TV and how it got all of our favorite ones streaming including how it all started before it became an app. So yeah Thank You and Have Mercy. And keep being you.
Love TV+, Not a Fan of the App.
I love the shows on Apple TV+. However, I seem to have the most issues with the Apple TV app of all the streaming/entertainment apps I use. For something made by Apple, this confuses me. It’s little annoyances like how you can’t just view all the episodes of a show easily, you have to search for it and then make sure you don’t choose the option to resume the current episode. Also, there really should just be a toggle for Apple TV+ shows instead of having to navigate the one page. Or, make a search bar appear at the top of the page like in Music, Settings, etc.
I also seem to have a lot of issues with the desktop app on my M1 MacBook Air. The app refuses to load the shows for some reason, it loves to freeze in the middle of an episode or movie, and the app will become unresponsive regularly or even crash upon opening. I can’t be the only one having these issues.
TL;DR: Apple TV+ shows are fantastic, but I hope Apple will work to make the navigation of their apps more consistent and put the same level of detail/love into each one in the coming OS.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.