Chord ai uses recent advances in artificial intelligence to find chords, beats and voicings for any song instantly and reliably. Chord ai delivers state-of-the-art accuracy beyond trained human level. You won't need anymore to look for the chords of a song on the web. You can select songs from YouTube, SoundCloud, your audio files or even use the device microphone. Chord ai is the new musician's best companion app. From beginner to pro level. Discover now the numerous features to help you improve your playing skills and your ear.
*** BROWSE ANY SONG ***
- You can select any song by browsing your audio files, SoundCloud or YouTube. This is the preferred way and Chord ai will process songs within a few seconds.
- You can also select a song on streaming services such as Apple Music or Spotify. In that case Chord ai will use the microphone to process the sound from your device in real time.
- Or you can use your device microphone to get the chords of any song playing around you or from your own playing / your band's playing
*** CHORDS RECOGNITION ***
- Common chords recognition: Chord ai can recognize common chords such as major, minor, augmented, diminished, 7th, M7th, sus2 and sus4 chords.
- (pro version) Advanced chords recognition: Chord ai also recognizes advanced chords such as power chords, half-diminished, dim7, M7b5, M7#5, 6, 69, 9, M9, 11, M11, 13, M13th, add9, add11, add#11, addb13, add13, 7#5, 7b5, 7#9, 7b9, 69, 11b5, 13b9 and combinations of them such as 9sus4, min7add13 etc.
- (pro version) Chord inversions a.k.a. slash chords: Chord ai tells you more precisely the bass/lowest note of each chord using the slash notation. For instance, C/E means that the third (E) is played as the lowest note, or Am7/G means that the seventh (G) is played as the lowest note.
*** VOICINGS / POSITIONS RECOGNITION ***
- Voicings & Positions recognition: Chord ai is the world's first app capable of recognizing not only chords, but also their specific voicing. This means that Chord ai can tell you more precisely which notes, including their octaves, are played on the piano, or which guitar/ukulele positions match best with the song.
*** BEAT TRACKING ***
- Chord ai uses a state-of-the-art beats and downbeats tracking algorithms to display chords organised into bars and beats.
*** SEPARATION INTO MULTI TRACKS***
- Automatic music separation into 4 stems: Bass / Drums / Vocals / Other
*** ADVANCED REPLAY CONTROLS ***
- Speed change: Slow down or speed up playback at your wish so that you can play easily along the song.
- Pitch shift: Change the pitch of the song to play in your desired key.
- Loop: the interface for setting loop start/end points is very simple and intuitive.
*** SAVE & SHARE ***
- Save transcriptions of your favorite songs and build your own playlists
- Saved song are synchronised among all your iOS devices
- Share transcriptions as PDF files or as a link
*** PIANO / GUITAR / UKULELE ***
- Select your preferred instrument among piano, guitar or ukulele
- For guitar or ukulele, you can choose a capo value
- Smart capo: you can also let Chord ai tell you preferred capo for either easiness of play of song matching
*** LEARN NEW AND BEAUTIFUL CHORD POSITIONS ***
- Find and learn chords from Chord ai's massive chord positions library (more than 100k guitar positions, > and more than 10k ukulele positions)
- Easy search though chord name or by picking up a major or minor key using the easy-to-use circle of fifths
- Chord positions are ranked from easiest and common to most difficult and rare
Regarding the 17+ age restriction: This is simply enforced by Apple for any application which lets you browse YouTube videos freely.
Any feedback appreciated at email@example.com
• You can now save songs into custom playlists
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve always wanted to do Roman numeral analysis on my favorite pop songs, but I’ve been too lazy to do it on my own. This app makes the whole process so much easier! The money to unlock all the chords was well worth it. Sometimes I disagree with the app’s judgement on some of the chords. There were a couple of times when I was sure a certain chord was fully diminished, but the app marked it as something else entirely. However, most of the time it seems to be pretty spot on!
I wish it would let me manually override the identified key, because that is something it gets wrong fairly often (at least with songs I listen to!) That’s my only complaint. Love this app. Thank you for making it.
Great core functionality, weak workflow
The basic chord recognition aspect of this is astonishingly good. It doesn’t always nail the exact guitar chord shape, but that would be a lot to ask. But otherwise the quality is pretty amazing.
The downside is the input and output workflow. Loading media can be a tedious process of working down through directories or playlists, starting from the very top of the hierarchy every time. If I want to look at a bunch of related files, I wish it would open up at the last place I looked rather than having to start over. But that’s a small thing; not many people have the same use case as me. What I really wish, though, was that I could have a plain text output format, perhaps chord names separated by tabs instead of HTML, which I have extract the chord data from by hand.
All that said, this is a pretty great piece of software and I recommend it highly for most people.
Outstanding! But not Perfect.
This is a great app. Really helps narrow down the chords, and is great way to get a “feel” for chord progressions, but I can’t say it’s “perfect”. However, my guess is that is just where the state of the technology is at this point. I’m amazed at what it can do already, but will wait for more advanced tech to get to the next level. There’s a couple small picky things when it comes to the looping that I’d like to see improved as well. Have used the free version for a few weeks, and just sprung for the paid version a couple hours ago, so I will wait to hold off judgement on some of the paid features. I definitely recommend for anyone trying to figure out songs that are not easily available in tab form already. It has saved me hours of work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nomad AI OU
- 151.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Nomad AI OU
- In-App Purchases
- Chord ai Pro Lifetime $49.99
- Chord ai Pro Monthly $3.99
- Chord ai Pro Yearly $18.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.