File simple tax returns for $0 with Free Edition or have real tax experts do them for you - max refund, guaranteed.
America's #1 Tax Prep Provider - over 40 million returns were prepared last year with TurboTax.
TAXES REDEFINED. From do it yourself to we do it for you, the choice is yours.
FILE YOUR OWN TAXES
• $0 Fed, $0 State, $0 to File with Free Edition for simple tax returns only.(1)
• We make doing your own taxes easy. Start for free - pay only when you file your tax return or pay for TurboTax using your federal tax refund. Fees apply.(2)
FILE WITH EXPERT HELP
• Talk live on screen with a real tax expert for unlimited tax advice and an expert final review before you file with TurboTax Live.
• NEW this year, connect with a dedicated expert who'll do your taxes for you—start to finish. You can be 100% confident your return is done right, guaranteed.(3)
GET STARTED EASILY
• Snap. Tap. Done. Snap a photo of your W-2, answer simple questions about your life, and e-file securely from your iPhone or iPad.
• Get your taxes done right anytime from anywhere. Seamlessly switch between your devices and securely pick up right where you left off when it's convenient for you.
• Up to a 50% head start on your taxes with year-over-year data transfer of your prior TurboTax return.
• Face ID, Touch ID and Passcode - Get secure access on your mobile device using the latest technology.
• Maximum Refund Guaranteed - On Average $3,267.
• TurboTax coaches you every step of the way and automatically verifies as you go, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
• ExplainWhy™ - Understand the “why” behind your tax refund, in a tap.
• CompleteCheck™ – Get the green light to file. Before you file, CompleteCheck™ will run an in-depth scan of your return and guide you through any final changes so you don’t miss a thing with accuracy guaranteed.
• Support when you need it - Access TurboTax support to get all your questions answered. Available in English and Spanish.
• Personalized home page - A single place to view your progress, track your return status, and get access to tax tip articles on life events, deductions, and much more.
• Track your return status with push notifications - We'll make it easy to stay informed about your e-file return status with notifications sent straight to your phone or tablet.
See full disclosure and disclaimers here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/mobile-apps/turbotax-disclosures/
1 TurboTax Free Guarantee – $0 Federal + $0 State + $0 To File offer is available for simple tax returns only with TurboTax Free Edition; a simple tax return Form 1040 only OR Form 1040 + Unemployment income. Offer may change or end at any time without notice.
2 TurboTax pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. Actual prices are determined at the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Special discount offers may not be valid for mobile in-app purchases.
3 100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a tax expert or CPA made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
May is full of fun celebrations like Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day, but don't forget the most important one, getting your taxes done! This release has some great polish and bug fixes to help you finish the tax year strong!
New this year:
* Self help assistant for smarter faster answers with support for voice.
* A whole new option to get your taxes done – by connecting with your own dedicated tax expert who'll do your taxes for you, start-to-finish, so you can be 100% confident your return is done right.
* More easy ways to add your forms: Snap a photo of your 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, 1098, 1098-T. Direct import for 1098. Upload for 1099-INT, 1099-R, 1098.
* Personalized homepage dashboard to view your return progress, return amount, and easily jump to tax topics
* Bottom navigation with access to document storage, tax tip articles, and app settings
Ratings and Reviews
Highly discourage if you invest
This app is great for standard working income and I have used it for years for that purpose, but very quickly the app falls short if you are trading often in stocks or other forms of frequent trade investment. There is an extra charge for filing with trading income that you then have to painstakingly manually enter, despite the data being very clear and concise on all tax documentation. For me this very extremely takes away from the core purpose of the app; to make filing your taxes quicker and easier. So in this regard it falls very short.
Having to constantly switch back and fourth between this app and a PDF of your tax doc to copy and paste every date and amount takes away also from the security of being sure that your taxes are being done correctly, as you are at that point, for the most part, just doing it yourself. AND being charged an extra 70 dollars to do so. This with the fact that the app constantly closes in the background while you try to copy over your tax info, forcing you to reload the app, and go back through several menus before you can actually begin entering your tax info again. It would seem to take a good hour to enter in roughly 20 trades with having to copy over, amount, cost, proceeds and 2 dates one at a time for every single trade.
For this reason I have to highly discourage this for any new or also experienced traders and investors thinking that this will make filing easier. It will be very time consuming.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. It's unfortunate to hear that our app did not meet your expectations. Please know that we're always looking for ways to improve our product and will share this with our app developers. For your convenience, we suggest that you try using TurboTax Online as an alternative to complete your return as it may be easier to navigate while you enter your investments. In regards to the fees, you may review and reduce your fees before making a payment here: https://intuit.me/3f0pzPP. -Erika
Not free, no help when the IRS sends a letter, and still waiting for refund four months later
I used the TurboTax app to file my refund in early February. The app was relatively easy to use, but it did get old going in circles sometimes. Unfortunately, the free option really is not usable. If you have to file state taxes like just about everyone, then you will have to pay $40 per state. If you’re a college student in another state like me, that means two states so $80. Of course, no student discount. Honestly, that was not too bad since I was supposed to get a lot back.
Unfortunately, that was not what happened. I did get some from one the state returns, but that was it. The IRS sent a letter for a health insurance form that didn’t even apply to me. If you want help with that, guess what? It will cost you even more money! At that point, I wasn’t paying TurboTax any more so I went off on my own. Eventually I got it figured out, but not without massive disruption to my school work. None of that help was thanks to TurboTax which sends you to FAQs that don’t really apply.
They have online discussions which appear to have many people with the same problem. This program is made to look easy- and it is at first- but the headache it causes later is not worth it. Never had trouble like this with H&R Block so I think I’ll go back to them next year. Whatever you do, don’t use TurboTax. It is seriously not worth it. Still waiting for that federal tax refund BTW.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed review of your experience. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to help you address the concerns you've shared. All of our customers begin with our Free Edition. If your tax situation requires additional forms that are only supported in a higher version of TurboTax, you will need to be upgraded in order for us to maximize deductions and handle any additional tax-filing responsibilities. To learn more, please go here: https://intuit.me/38dKY1b Please keep in mind that any additional services, such as the Refund Processing Service, can also contribute to your overall charge. If you wish to review your charges, please follow the steps outlined here https://intuit.me/2tMtaLL.
Our support webpage, TurboTax Real Money Talk Community, contains many different articles reflecting the most current changes in tax laws and requirements. For the letter you've received from the IRS about your health insurance, I'd like to share that this can differ for each individual depending on their specifics and you can learn more about that here: https://intuit.me/2SYRrbf
I understand this year did not go the way we had wanted. We understand your time is valuable and appreciate your review of our response today. I hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your trust in the future.
This is a joke
I used turbo tax all the time when I was younger, it used to cost very little or nothing at all. Now even what’s advertised isn’t what you pay, you click no to all the premiums and extras and still end up paying $150 to file? That’s happened to me two years in a row, the biggest and last reason I will never use turbo tax again came this year. I was out of work due to Covid-19 like so many others, unemployment is backed up, my personal life feel apart, and I was broke as can be. I was checking the IRS website daily hoping for an update on my stimulus check so I could like keep my lights on. Every time I get the message about information not available and just assumed they hadn’t processed my return yet. A month, an entire month goes by, and I check and still haven’t gotten it, and still getting the same message on the website. I thought I should check my turbo tax again, I had received emails from turbo tax just about they’re standard spam mail. I never once received anything personal, signed into my turbo tax only to see that my tax returns had been rejected. I waited a month for nothing with no notice or anything like that. I will only use an in person CPA from now one, this website is a joke. There’s a reason there’s a viral video of a 13 year old working for them.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intuit Inc.
- 247.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Intuit Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.