With Westpac Mobile Banking take your bank with you wherever you go for Westpac Australia customers.
• Quick Balance - view your balance, recent transactions for up to 3 accounts, and transfer money between them without signing in^
• Sign in with your fingerprint (iOS 10 and above) or Face ID (iPhone X and above)
• Sign in with a 4 digit passcode
• Cardless Cash - withdraw cash without a debit card from any Westpac Group ATM in Australia (daily and weekly limits apply)
• Siri for Westpac - make payments, check your balance using your voice (iOS12).
• Share BSB and Account information via messaging
• Set up reminders for Credit Card payments
• Set up account, payment and security alerts
• Search transactions
• Show/hide or group accounts
• View and transact on foreign currency accounts
• Set up, view and save eStatements.
• Transfer money between your accounts
• Pay Anyone and BPAY® bills
• Email payment receipts
• Manage payees and BPAY billers
• Send payments overseas (to existing payees)
• Schedule and manage recurring payments
• Approve payments
• Create a PayID – real-time payments using your mobile number (progressive rollout to personal customers)).
• Download a Proof of Balance report
• Download a 30, 90 or 120 day transaction listing report
• Temporarily lock your card for up to 15 days to stop all transactions. On personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards**
• Report your card lost or stolen
• Reset your password with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• Travelling overseas? Notify us to help protect you from fraud. Plus, access the most used travel features with Travel Companion.
• Change your daily payment limit (max. limit applies)
• Activate a credit or debit card
• Update your contact details
• Deposit a cheque with Mobile Cheque Deposit (select customers)
• In your business profile, access features allowing you to make payments in batches and create templates.
• View your Quick Balance^
• Find your nearest Westpac Group ATM or branch in Australia
• Receive a Cardless Cash code on your Apple Watch
• Receive overseas travel notifications
• To use Mobile Banking on your Apple Watch pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 10 or above.
• Open a term deposit, savings or transaction account
• Apply for a credit card, personal loan or Global Currency Card
• Tools and calculators (loan borrowing and repayment calculators).
Find us in Australia and overseas
• Locate your nearest Westpac ATM, branch or banker in Australia
• Find a Global Alliance ATM when overseas
Business customers can also
• Approve payments
• Manage user access
• Pay staff and creditors with payment templates
• Transfer funds to corporate and purchasing cards
• Help & FAQs: westpac.com.au/mobilebankinghelp
• Supported devices: westpac.com.au/devices
• Website: westpac.com.au/mobilebanking
Things you should know:
**Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card.
^You can’t transfer money between business and personal profiles in Quick Balance. For eligible accounts visit info.westpac.com.au/quickbalance
^^Standard call charges apply. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Some features and functions including fingerprint sign-in may not work on jailbroken devices.
This app is only for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply.
Fees, charges and credit criteria may apply. Read the terms & conditions for Online Banking (westpac.com.au/westpacliveterms) & each relevant product or service at westpac.com.au/disclosure-documents before making a decision.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
©2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
• If you’re registered for Westpac ProtectTM SMS Code, you can simply update your SMS Code mobile number in app without needing to call us. You can also register international numbers while travelling overseas.
• Nickname your accounts via mobile to enjoy a more personalised banking experience.
• Take the stress out of your next overseas trip and easily order foreign cash in one of the available currencies from the self-serve menu and collect from your local branch.
• View your card status when it is temporarily locked for visibility and ease of unlocking if required.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or an alternative
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or some sort of tap and pay solution like the one CommBank has.
The upcoming Beem is only for transferring money person to person, not for paying retailers at point of sale, so it’s pretty useless.
The upcoming wearable solution also isn’t very helpful as I don’t want to have to wear a separate item just for Westpac banking. It would be great if they at least had a device that attaches to my keys or similar - if they can do wearable tech I don’t see why they can’t make a device that attaches to a key ring. Most wearables are worn because they need skin contact to measure variables, I don’t see why we’re limited to wearables for tap and pay banking.
It would be great if Westpac just kept things simple and signed up for Apple Pay. If ANZ and many smaller banks and credit unions can afford to do it Westpac can too, they’re just unwilling to lower their margins.
Short term thinking, if they don’t provide an iPhone tap and pay function in the next six months or so I’ll seriously consider moving banks despite being with Westpac for over 20 years, and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.
Other than my Apple Pay gripe the mobile app is great, much better than internet online banking, hence the four stars despite the big whinge!
Room for improvement
The developers are to be commended for what they have created, and I definitely find this app to be very useful.
However, I would like improved usability in terms if interface and what this app can add value-wise. I would like my expenses presented in graphs to facilitate budgeting and give me a better understanding of my habits. I want to have access to data that is sortable by category (finance, utilities, etc.) and this is a feature that Westpac is sorely behind on. Not only other banks in Australia have already implemented this, but my home bank has had this feature since its inception.
A feature to connect to the wallet / apple payor, and link directly to paypal / other applications that have payment options would keep me from having to input my information in all these separate apps.
Major flaw not just in app but westpac transaction history period!!!
I find it a major flaw and inconvenience that not only the westpac app but the transaction history in general is super delayed!!!! My transaction history is NEVER accurate! I rang the help line this morning to find out about this error and was told that the correct date of purchase does not show up until the merchant has collected the payment from there end which could be delayed by up to a week...some of my last weeks purchases are showing up on my statement as being made yesterday! It’s confusing annoying and most of all inconvenient tbh! Also, the women from the call centre knew more about my account history than I did because she could see the accurate purchase dates in her computer but I cound not! I’m sorry westpac but this is a major flaw in your system I should be able to access my own information well and truly before you can otherwise why the hell do I pay account service fees??
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- 117.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.