Bank while life is happening. Check your balance in seconds with Quick Balance, make payments on the go, or access a digital version of your card.
Enjoy simpler banking on the go with the Westpac app. Available for Westpac Australia customers.
• Quick Balance - view your balance for up to 3 accounts and transfer money between them^
• Smart Search - find what you need, fast
• Digital card - access a digital version of your Westpac card available 24/7
• Biometric login - sign in with your fingerprint (iOS 10 and above) or Face ID (iPhone X and above) or 4 digit passcode
• Cardless Cash - withdraw cash without a debit card from any Westpac Group ATM in Australia (daily and weekly limits apply).
• Share BSB and account information
• Set up reminders for credit card payments
• Set up account, payment and security alerts
• View and transact on foreign currency accounts
• Set up, view and save eStatements
• Set up Savings Goals and track your progress (Westpac Life customers only).
• Drag & drop to transfer money between your accounts
• Pay Anyone and BPAY® bills
• Manage payees and BPAY billers
• Send payments overseas
• Schedule and manage recurring payments
• PayID and fast Osko® payments
• Set up favourite payments using Siri shortcuts
• Deposit a cheque (eligible customers only).
• Temporarily lock* your personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards for up to 15 days
• Report your card lost or stolen
• Activate a credit or debit card.
• Download a Proof of Balance report
• Reset your password with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• Change your daily payment limit (max. limit applies)
• Update your contact details
• Add a profile picture, update your wallpaper or change your app icon.
• Set up Apple Pay using an eligible Westpac Mastercard® debit or credit card, or personal Handycard.
Business customers can also
• Approve payments
• Manage user access
• Pay staff and creditors with payment templates.
• Help & FAQs: westpac.com.au/mobilebankinghelp
• Supported devices: westpac.com.au/devices
• Website: westpac.com.au/mobilebanking
Things you should know:
*Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card.
^You can’t transfer money between business and personal profiles using Quick Transfer. For eligible accounts visit info.westpac.com.au/quickbalance
**Read the Apple Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs at westpac.com.au/faq/apple-pay/ for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Siri and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
To open a Westpac Life account, customers must hold a Westpac everyday account in the same name and be registered for Online Banking. Fees and charges may apply on the everyday account.
Savings Goals: Both an account holder and an authorised user can use the Savings Goal feature, including to view, add, edit and delete the savings goals on Westpac Life account.
To assist with security, some features and functions may not work on jailbroken devices.
This app is only for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply.
Fees, charges and credit criteria may apply. Read the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au/westpacliveterms & each relevant product or service at westpac.com.au/disclosure-documents before making a decision and consider whether this product is right for you.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
© Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
• Worldwide Wallet - open a new travel money card, with up to 11 currencies and manage within Online Banking
• Eligible sole trader customers can now register an Australian Business Number (ABN) PayID in Online Banking
• Interest and tax summaries are now available for eligible closed accounts
• Digital gambling block - block or unblock gambling transactions on eligible consumer credit cards and debit cards
• Card management - your lost / stolen replacement card will automatically be updated in Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay
• Digital Gifting - make a payment and share a ‘gift’ eCard with image and message to help celebrate the moment
If you’re experiencing any issues with the app, please delete the app and re-install it. Make sure you have auto updates switched on and you’re on the latest operating system
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or an alternative
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or some sort of tap and pay solution like the one CommBank has.
The upcoming Beem is only for transferring money person to person, not for paying retailers at point of sale, so it’s pretty useless.
The upcoming wearable solution also isn’t very helpful as I don’t want to have to wear a separate item just for Westpac banking. It would be great if they at least had a device that attaches to my keys or similar - if they can do wearable tech I don’t see why they can’t make a device that attaches to a key ring. Most wearables are worn because they need skin contact to measure variables, I don’t see why we’re limited to wearables for tap and pay banking.
It would be great if Westpac just kept things simple and signed up for Apple Pay. If ANZ and many smaller banks and credit unions can afford to do it Westpac can too, they’re just unwilling to lower their margins.
Short term thinking, if they don’t provide an iPhone tap and pay function in the next six months or so I’ll seriously consider moving banks despite being with Westpac for over 20 years, and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.
Other than my Apple Pay gripe the mobile app is great, much better than internet online banking, hence the four stars despite the big whinge!
My app has been a lot more stable since the last couple of updates, I’m enjoying some of the added features but still feel like they could make it even better and with more personalised features. I love how ANZ allows you to set different pictures on your digital cards in Apple wallet as it helps identify which card you need to use easier than my 3 red cards in my Apple wallet. I also have a few different profiles but one of them I use 99% of the time so I wish I could have that profile set as default instead of having to change it most time when I log in. It just makes it an added step I need to do before I can bank. Also needs Dark Mode.
Issue which are really irritating
The quick balance will not load. I have to open the app, quit the app and then open again to load quick balance. Every time I try to sign in I have to input my password and every time it makes me setup faceID yet never works. This is really annoying as it’s impacting my routine. I’m really disappointed. Never have I known a company that relies on apps as westpac do to be disorganised enough to implement an app update upgrade in such a stupid way. Every other app developer releases an upgrade of this nature as a second app. That way people that rely on the program need not worry about problems as they can go back to using the previous app in the short term. I am really disappointed by the lack of forethought by the developers. I hope that westpac does the smart thing and rereleases the previously functional version of the app so people like myself can have 1 less stress in these current times. It’s really sad that a company of Westpac’s standing would be so naive.
Really disappointing ☹️👎
Developer Response ,
Hi, the New Westpac App (10.0.0) has now been released to the App Store. To manually update, please go to the Apple App Store, select the Profile icon on the top right, drag the screen down to refresh and select 'Update' against the Westpac App. Please email us at email@example.com if you are still experiencing an issue with Simple Sign In. Regards, Tanya.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- 112.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.