Enjoy simpler banking on the go with the Westpac App. Available for Westpac Australia customers.
• Quick Balance - view your balance for up to 3 accounts and transfer money between them^
• Smart Search - find what you need, fast
• Digital card - access a digital version of your Westpac card, available 24/7
• Biometric login - sign in with your fingerprint or Face ID (supported models), or 4-digit passcode
• Push notifications - get helpful reminders when there are changes to your accounts.
• Share BSB and account information
• Set up reminders for credit card payments
• Set up account, payment and security alerts
• View and transact on foreign currency accounts
• Set up, view and save eStatements
• Set up Savings Goals and track your progress (Westpac Life customers only).
• Drag & Drop to transfer money between your accounts
• Pay Anyone and pay by BPAY®
• Manage payees and BPAY billers
• Cardless Cash (daily and weekly limits apply)
• Send payments overseas
• Schedule and manage recurring payments
• PayID and fast Osko® payments
• Set up favourite payments using Siri shortcuts
• Deposit a cheque (eligible customers only).
• Temporarily lock* your personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards for up to 15 days
• Report your card lost or stolen
• Activate a credit or debit card
• Block gambling transactions on eligible personal credit and Mastercard debit cards and Handycards.
• Download a Proof of Balance report
• Reset your password with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• Change your daily payment limit (max. limit applies)
• Update your contact details
• Add a profile picture, update your wallpaper or change your app icon.
• Set up Apple Pay using an eligible Westpac Mastercard debit or credit card, or personal Handycard.
Business customers can also
• Approve payments
• Manage user access
• Pay staff and creditors with payment templates.
• General information: westpac.com.au/mobilebanking
• FAQs: westpac.com.au/mobilebankinghelp
• Supported devices: westpac.com.au/devices
Things you should know:
*Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you don't cancel the card.
^You can’t transfer money between business and personal profiles using Quick Transfer. For eligible accounts visit westpac.com.au/quick-balance
**Read the Apple Pay Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider if it is right for you. To use Apple Pay you will need an eligible card, and a compatible device with a supported operating system. See our Apple Pay FAQs at westpac.com.au/faq/apple-pay/ for more information. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Siri and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
To open a Westpac Life account, customers must hold a Westpac everyday account in the same name and be registered for Online Banking. Fees and charges may apply on the everyday account.
Savings Goals: Both an account holder and an authorised user can use the Savings Goal feature, including to view, add, edit and delete the savings goals on Westpac Life account.
For security reasons, some features and functions may not work on jailbroken devices.
This app is only for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply.
Fees, charges and credit criteria may apply. Read the Westpac Online Banking Terms and Conditions at westpac.com.au/westpacliveterms and each relevant product or service at westpac.com.au/disclosure-documents before making a decision and consider whether this product is right for you.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
©Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
• View your upcoming bills and subscriptions for eligible accounts to help you budget
• View your last login time under Profile to ensure no one else has accessed your account
If you’re experiencing any issues with the app, please delete the app and re-install it. Make sure you have auto updates switched on and you’re on the latest operating system.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or an alternative
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or some sort of tap and pay solution like the one CommBank has.
The upcoming Beem is only for transferring money person to person, not for paying retailers at point of sale, so it’s pretty useless.
The upcoming wearable solution also isn’t very helpful as I don’t want to have to wear a separate item just for Westpac banking. It would be great if they at least had a device that attaches to my keys or similar - if they can do wearable tech I don’t see why they can’t make a device that attaches to a key ring. Most wearables are worn because they need skin contact to measure variables, I don’t see why we’re limited to wearables for tap and pay banking.
It would be great if Westpac just kept things simple and signed up for Apple Pay. If ANZ and many smaller banks and credit unions can afford to do it Westpac can too, they’re just unwilling to lower their margins.
Short term thinking, if they don’t provide an iPhone tap and pay function in the next six months or so I’ll seriously consider moving banks despite being with Westpac for over 20 years, and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.
Other than my Apple Pay gripe the mobile app is great, much better than internet online banking, hence the four stars despite the big whinge!
Update is not user friendly! Change it back or fix it!
The update might look better and have these ‘cool’ search functions based on some idea customers want to bank ‘their way’. But the new app losses all the intuiré logical
Functionality, I cannot see my upcoming re occurring payments and how many have been and how many to go. It’s impossible from the main screen to find how to even get to payments. Also, when maki g a payment, the background is too smooth and blended with the colour of the box where you need to add amounts that you almost have to look to find where to put the figure in. Many other things I don’t like I could list but cannot be bothered. I really found the old app easy to navigate and straight forward. This version is making my life harder and annoys me and I no longer find it easy to bank with. Please fix this. My recommendation : keep the ‘look’, but revert back to the previous layout and functions. No customer wants to have to ‘search’ for the payment function or any other function fir that matter. They just want to find it and use it. This app makes customers work gor it. Not the other way round!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for you feedback. We are always looking for ways to better and improve our Mobile Banking App. We've forwarded your feedback to our developers. If there is anything specific you would like to raise, please email us at email@example.com. Regards, Tanya.
Easy bank app
I find the app very easy to work with and allows me to get a lot of my translations done. A few things you need to do are not there yet, but I am hoping they will gradually be added. There are a few things that I try to do that send me into a loop. Some searches return topics unrelated to the query. It would be helpful to have a clear list of what you can’t do with the mobile app.
I can’t remember the way I got there but one sequence asks me if I want to transfer to Safari then gives me no options and from there I am stuck, no way forward or back.
Please keep at it as is much quicker for paying bills on the go. I do wish that more of my regular billers would sign up for BPAY view.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we’re sorry to you’ve had problems with the app. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll contact you shortly, thanks. Jas
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- 109.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.