Get the very latest from Leicestershire, with breaking news as it happens, sport updates, traffic alerts, and all the latest in what's on in your area.
Completely customisable, the Leicestershire Live app allows you to tailor what news you consume, and when.
The app is the best way to follow breaking news from Leicestershire, including video interviews and traffic & travel notifications.
Keep up-to-date with the latest in:
· Top local news stories
· Football, Rugby and other sport news
· Traffic & Travel news
· Leicestershire event listings and What's On guides
The App also features:
• Force Touch allowing you to peak and pop into an article.
• Native iPad support for a better tablet experience
• The iPad version of the app also supports Split View on compatible iPads
• The ability to follow topics that matter to you
• Follow your favourite authors like you do any topic
• Resize the article text to help with your reading experience
• The ability to read an article even when you are offline
Here is a super fast update, to fix a known iOS 13.1 issue. So if you have been browsing an article and suddenly you were whisked off to a whole new page without consciously tapping a link... then this build is for you, because we stopped that. Now browsing and tapping is what you would expect. Sweet!
Ratings and Reviews
Really pleased they have finally released an app, been waiting for so long. Would have given a 5 star rating but missing out my area which isn’t helpful if you’re searching for local news. I guess in time to come the app will have updates and bug fixes as it is their first.
First, every time you open the app, all you get is football news and kids news. You have to repeatedly opt to see the topics that might interest you. Why can’t the app remember user’s preferences?
Second, the content is SO poor it isn’t worth reading - articles based on trip advisor reviews, incorrect information presented as fact, etc - clearly not a single journalist works for the paper. A recent example was a personal story about a journalist on the paper moving from Notts to Leicester 😂 TOP CLASS REPORTING 😂
Third, the writing is appalling. Good spelling, punctuation and grammar Are clearly not job requirements. Nor are proofreading skills.
I usually don’t provide any review unless it is necessary.
I am so annoyed with the app. It gives the right information but whenever you get a notification and follow it from the locked screen, it takes you to the article which is partial or containing the title only. In order to read the article in full, you need to find it on the list of other articles. These don’t come in order as per your notifications.
Also, any video have an article related picture which I always find completely unrelated to it. This is waste of my time...
- Trinity Mirror Digital Media Ltd
- 73.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Trinity Mirror Ltd 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.