Download our app for award-winning journalism and breaking news stories from the UK and around the world. We take you to the heart of the stories that shape our world, offering live events, eyewitness reports, expert analysis and opinion.
• Breaking news notifications - be the first to find out about major developing stories
• Watch Sky News in the Live Tab (when you've got connection)
• Easy navigation to see headlines on multiple topics from politics to entertainment
• Read articles while you're offline
• Dark mode - change your preferences any time from the settings cog
Stay up to date with what's happening around the world from a range of topics:
• Top Stories - the latest headlines, breaking news, live stories & video
• Podcasts - listen to our radio shows including Daily, All Out Politics, Behind the Headline, Sophy Ridge on Sunday and Backstage
• Opinion – read Sky Views from our specialists and first person pieces from those at the heart of a story
• UK - headlines from across the United Kingdom
• World - significant events from around the world
• Politics - latest developments in Westminster, including Brexit and elections
• US - headlines from the United States
• Ocean Rescue - learn about how the world is tackling plastics in our ocean
• Sport - stories spanning football, cricket, tennis, F1, rugby, athletics, boxing, horse racing and more
• Science & Technology – latest developments in tech changing our world
• Business – headlines from The City, and economic stories affecting consumers
• Ents & Arts - art, showbiz and entertainment stories from around the world
• Offbeat - the strange and bizarre
Please note: Watching video may incur additional mobile network and/or WiFi charges.
• So we can deliver the best experience, we've dropped support for iOS 9 making iOS 10 the minimum required operating system. You'll still be able to enjoy the app, but will have to update your OS to receive the latest updates and fixes.
• We've also made some visual enhancements to our indexes and articles.
Ratings and Reviews
Up to date news and gossip 24/7
What I appreciate about Sky News items is the length of each item that are not too long. Also, for further reading on a particular news story, there are easy to use highlighted links taking me to similar topics. This is especially the case for Brexit, World News and Politics. Also the short videos bring the news stories to life on my iPhone and iPad.
Sky News is so much more interesting and engaging than any other news app and their reporters get right to the scene of a natural disaster, for example, when others sit in the safety of their studio. An example is Yemen and Syria where their foreign correspondents are literally with the soldiers on the front line. This makes their reporting credible which is a value I think has been lost to other mediocre news sources.
Sky News app is easy to use too with so much choice that I could spend hours and hours reading different news stories. This is good providing a breadth and depth to the headline stories of day. If like me you like credible and accurate news then Sky News app is for you.
Great app but a few issues!
I have been using sky news for years and it’s great. They are always the first to get the news whilst the rest straddle begins and often seam to wait for sky news to confirm things before posting themselves! However... one of the most annoying things is when they make a breaking news statement it often won’t open or doesn’t lead to anything initially. This is something that should be looked into. For example “ Bruce Forsyth dies at his...” so you tap and go to open the link and it goes to the main news articles and there is nothing. You have to wait 5/10 minutes for something to show. It is not often it does happen but it should be perfect 100% of the time.
When Sky started 30 years ago it presented the news. Now it presents the news with its own opinions and rarely in a balanced way. It seems to be about sensationalism instead of truth.
Dermot Murnaghan can be very arrogant in his interviewing, sitting back, arms folded. It’s unprofessional.
The only person I find 100% professional is Ian King. He presents a very good programme. He’s incredibly knowledgeable and polite.
The media is not very well thought of at the moment and Sky should take the opportunity of turning this around. Brexit seems to have encouraged this reporting behaviour. In a Brexit report, always interview a Leaver and a Remainer be it the public or MPs. The recent Nissan reporting didn’t give a balanced viewpoint. It was heavily on ‘because of Brexit’. It took Andrew Neil to provide the true picture. Many of the public actually believe everything they see/hear. It’s your responsibility to see that you never report anything that doesn’t have absolute fact, not opinions, facts.
I doubt my comments will be taken into account but I and others feel very strongly about this and you need to hear honest feedback.
- Sky UK Limited
- 89.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Sky UK
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.