Create, edit, and collaborate on spreadsheets with the Google Sheets app. With Sheets you can:
* Create new spreadsheets or edit existing ones
* Share spreadsheets and collaborate with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time
* Work anywhere, anytime - even offline
* Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more
* Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type
* Open, edit, and save Excel files
Google Sheets is part of Google Workspace: where teams of any size can chat, create, and collaborate.
Google Workspace subscribers have access to additional Google Sheets features, including:
* Easily add collaborators to projects, see changes as they occur, receive notifications for edits that happen while you’re away, and chat with colleagues in the same spreadsheet. All changes are automatically saved as you make them. And with offline access, you can create, view, and edit files wherever and whenever
* Get insights fast, powered by Google AI
* Work seamlessly across Sheets and Excel
* Maintain control with enterprise-grade security
* Analyze data from other business-critical tools
* Build custom solutions
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I like how you can use multiple devices across which your profile spans so that you can update your content instantly while on the go.
Loading large sheets broken
For larger sheets it usually downloads only the first 1,100 rows and then leaves the rest blank if you browse further down (on WiFi).
Conducting a search then incorrectly returns zero results presumably as it's only searching download data. This has caught me out a few times where I incorrectly concluded that information was not present in my sheet.
It sometimes eventually downloads another chunk of data but more often crashes before this point — this is also a problem — so you are kicked out and have to reopen the sheet and try to get it to download the full thing again.
Dunno why it doesn't cache the sheet locally on the phone, or conduct the search remotely to download only the relevant sections.
Avoid if you plan to do serious work
I am terribly disappointed by this app. For several years I used the browser version on my laptop (which is great!). Since last year though, I decided to move to an iPad and was forced to use this app. I cannot believe how badly built this app is, specially when you compare it to the browser version!
If you want to do some basic stuff it is an “ok” app, a mild nightmare that’s not too bad as -after all- it’s free. However, if your plan is to do some serious stuff, using this app is the ultimate nightmare (particularly if you’re using your iPad with an external keyboard).
Conclusion, I’m back to Excel which is not as good as the desktop version, but at least is WAY better than this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 286.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.