UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is envisaged to make e-governance 'mobile first'. It is developed by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
It is an evolving platform designed for citizens of India to offer them access to the pan-India e-Gov services from the Central, State, Local Bodies, and Agencies of government on app, web, SMS, and IVR channels.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
UMANG provides easy access to a plethora of Indian government services ranging from – Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, Agriculture, Transport to even Utility and Employment and Skills.
Key Benefits for Citizens:
- Single-Point Ubiquitous Access: All government services are available for citizens on a unified platform for easy access through multiple online and offline channels (SMS, email, app, and web).
- More for Less: Only a single mobile app needs to be installed instead of each app of each department.
- Convenience: Citizens do not even need to install or update the app again to avail government services if more services are added to the platform.
- Saving of Time and Money: Citizens can anytime and anywhere avail these services through their mobile phones, desktops, and laptops without any need for visiting the department office and standing in queues.
- Uniform Experience: All the government services including payment-based transactions provide secure and uniform experience.
Forgot Username and Forgot Password options have been added to the DigiLocker section
Fixed an issue with DigiLocker where an incomplete (corrupted) file would get downloaded in certain scenarios
Bug fixes and optimisations
Ratings and Reviews
First if I would like to appreciate the effort taken by Govt. of India I. Digitising all the central and state government services.
It makes life easier to see all services under one roof. Even though there are glitches, bugs and room for improvement. I truly appreciate the effort. Also I see oly 250+ users installed this application. Which is very bad from our citizens. We should encourage our govt by supporting digital India.
I see many Appl from Gujarat. But I feel bad that none of the services are provided by Tamil Nadu govt yet. Tamilnadu wake up and work hard to digitise all your service to let go off corruption
Great idea great App
It is often painstaking to do things at a government office. Atleast that is my perception. But perception can change over time because of Apps like this. For instance, I used UPFO and i can view all the details. My account information, Employee share. I can even raise a claim to initiate withdrawl. That is amazing!
I'll definitely recommend this to my collegues.
I would definitely recommend this application to everyone who looking for our all government application details. With the help of this app we can get all government applications information. This app work a bit slow but guys this is a one roof under you can get all information.
Recently with the help of this application. I got my money back with from e-commerce Vendor ( Paytm )who cheated me. Truly Appreciated!!
- National e-Governance Division
- 89.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © National eGovernance Division
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.