Get a comprehensive view of your total fitness from Apple Watch, including Activity History, Workouts, and Trends, all combined into one seamless view.
• Streamlined Summary tab gives you an easy way to see your Activity History, Workouts, and Trends.
• View progress toward closing your Activity rings and see all-day Activity metrics like total steps and distance from the Activity app on Apple Watch.
• See details for your Move goal, including active calories, total calories, and a visual graph of your calorie burn throughout each day.
• See details for your Exercise goal, including exercise calories, total active time, and a visual graph of your exercise minutes throughout each day.
• See details for your Stand goal, including number of hours stood and idle hours.
• View your historical workouts from the Workout app or any third-party fitness apps on your Apple Watch. See important metrics from each workout including average pace, distance, calories burned, average heart rate, and more.
• See how your friends are doing and start a competition on the Sharing tab.
• View your Mindfulness activity and summaries of each Reflect and Breathe sessions.
Subscribe to Apple Fitness+ to unlock a new kind of fitness experience—powered by Apple Watch. One that dynamically integrates your personal metrics from your Apple Watch to inspire like no other workout in the world.
Apple Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV—so you can take your Apple Watch workouts to the next level, wherever and whenever you’d like.
• Get access to premium 4K ultra high definition video workouts designed by the world’s most motivating trainers.
• See personal metrics like calories burned and heart rate displayed onscreen right as you exercise.
• Enjoy curated music that’s perfectly matched to your routine’s mood and energy.
• Get access to Time to Walk, a unique audio workout that lets you walk with some of the world’s most interesting and inspiring people as they share stories, photos and songs to keep you motivated and encourage you to walk more often.
• Mix up your fitness routine with dynamic programs like the Guest Trainer series and Artist Spotlight series.
• Find workouts specifically designed for beginners, pregnancy, and older adults.
• Continue your workout while you navigate other apps with support for Picture in Picture.
• Filter workouts by Trainer, Time, Music, and Equipment.
• One subscription includes 6 family members for just 9.99/month - with the first month free - no commitment. Cancel anytime by going to account setting and turning off auto-renew. *Apple Fitness+ not available in all territories.
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly I love it, but….
I really like the watch, and it is particularly the Activity app I value. It has really helped motivate me to get up and move, and seeing the payoff in health stats is really rewarding.
A significant flaw, though, is the inability to tailor notifications more. I LIKE the stand notifications: they help me be mindful of time passing when I’m caught up in work or reading, so I will be sure to get up and move around throughout the day.
I do not want a freaking stand notification in the middle of the night, especially since the reason it goes off is that the watch has noted I am restless. The little alert is just enough to tip me from restlessly sleeping to “thanks for waking me ALL the way up, Apple!” But I wear the watch because it is the most considerate alarm option, sufficient to wake me at 5 am for work but let my husband sleep on.
Q&A on the internet shows people have been saying this for 5 years. Fix it, Apple!
Also, though less urgent, I DO like alerts telling me I’ve met my move, exercise, or stand goal for the day. I do like when the day is winding down being reminded if i have not met a goal. I do NOT like all the “badges.” I am not 6, I do not want a gold star or a “badge” and a “good job!” How hard would it be to let folks choose the notifications they want, instead of all notifications on or off?
Strong App that requires more refinement
Hey there developers! Love Apple
Fitness. And I think you need to do two things: 1) refine the “Fall Alert” and 2) add “Mountaineering or Ski Mountaineering” as an activity. This weekend my husband I hiked up into the mountains. He had Strava on. I had the Apple Fitness “Hiking” activity on. The hike was strenuous and as my ski/hiking pole or mountaineering boots & skis broke through the snow, the App would ask me if I had fallen. And it did that dozens of times. Unnecessary distraction - stupid parameters. There are a lot of people using AT gear and walking in the mountains in Winter these days. Please come up with something reliable. Also, please add an “auto pause” when stopping to reconnoiter - Strava has done it successfully, so can you! Thanks.
Good for tracking workouts accurately
I love the activity app and workout app on Apple Watch and I almost use those apps for workout everyday. I have one complaint though, especially when I select “Mind & Body” workout. Why do you keep prompting or asking me if I am still working out especially for this particular activity? You know how annoying that is when you are deep in meditation and not moving at all, and the watch vibrates with the alert to see if I want to pause or continue workout. That just defeats the whole purpose. It makes sense for all the other activities that requires movement, but during meditation, the whole purpose is to be still and focus on breath, mind, etc. If you can fix that, nothing like it. I would enjoy the app more. Now it’s like, I am having to take off my watch while meditating to prevent this annoying alert. That is the case even if the watch is in Do not disturb mode.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.