Get a comprehensive view of your fitness, including Activity Details, Workout and Mindfulness History, Trends, Awards, Apple Fitness+ for Apple Watch users, and Sharing with family and friends, all combined into one convenient app.
• Streamlined Summary tab gives you an easy way to see your Activity Details, Workout and Mindfulness History, Trends, and Awards.
• Set goals then check your progress throughout the day.
• See details of estimated active calories toward your move goal with the Move ring.
• With Apple Watch, you’ll also see your total exercise minutes toward your Exercise ring, and your stand hours toward your Stand ring.
• View your historical workouts from the Workout app on Apple Watch or any third-party fitness app. See important metrics from each workout like average pace, distance, calories burned, and more.
• See how your friends are doing and start a competition on the Sharing tab.
• You can also view progress toward closing your Activity Rings, see all-day Activity metrics like total steps and distance, plus past workouts and meditations in the Activity app on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch users can subscribe to Apple Fitness+ to unlock the most welcoming and inclusive fitness and wellness experience. With Apple Watch, you can see real time metrics like heart rate right on the screen.
Apple Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV—so you can take your workouts to the next level, wherever and whenever you'd like.
• Get access to premium 4K ultra high definition video and audio workouts and meditations from 5-45 minutes designed by the world's most motivating and inclusive trainers with limited to no equipment required.
• See timers, trainer guidance, and coaching for things like intensity and incline displayed onscreen. Plus, if you have an Apple Watch, see personal metrics like calories burned and heart rate displayed on-screen right as you exercise.
• Enjoy curated music that's perfectly matched to your routine's mood and energy, and even the Artist Spotlight series with a full playlist from a single artist.
• Get access to Time to Walk, a unique audio workout that lets you walk with some of the world's most interesting and inspiring people as they share stories, photos, and songs to keep you motivated and encourage you to walk more often.
• Also access Time to Run, which takes you to destinations in the US and abroad to experience an iconic running route through the perspective of one of the Apple Fitness+ trainers.
• Find custom workout and meditation programs like those designed specifically for beginners, pregnancy, and older adults. And workouts and meditation Collections curated to help you reach a goal like running your first 5K or winding down for a better bedtime.
• Filter workouts and meditations by Trainer, Time, Music, and Equipment.
• New subscribers get 1 month free, then pay the current local price per month. One subscription includes 6 family members. Bundle Apple Fitness+ with five other great services for one low monthly price. And enjoy more for less. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. Terms apply. Cancel anytime by going to account setting and turning off auto-renew.
*Apple Fitness+ not available in all territories.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the app but would enjoy improved features
I use the fitness + app often for my workouts. I do love the variety of trainers, workouts, and music styles. I love the diversity of the team as well. I would like it more if there were a feature to allow us to search/filter our saved exercises library. As I save workouts that I’d like to perform I’m finding it difficult to get to specific ones as the list gets longer. It would be great if there was a filter feature so that we could search for what we are looking to do that day. I’d also like it if Apple would allow us to see our rings and exercise progress on our TV when we stream. Currently, it’s only for those with Apple TV and that’s obviously not practical for us without it. Seeing the rings is a big motivator but I don’t want to be reduced to watching my workout on a smaller screen when I’m home just to see rings/progress. I do hope they continue to build their library as well bc I am finding it challenging to get variety with certain trainers as I use it almost daily. It would also be nice if you all had 15 min workout options as well.
Could you please add a feature to adjust the playback speed of the dance videos? I like the routines, but they‘re just a little bit too fast for me. If I could reduce the speed by 10 to 20%, it would be a great improvement. I‘ve randomly found a few videos that allow you to reduce the playback speed by 50%, but that is way too much.
Another enhancement would be to add some workouts (strength, yoga) that are tailored for people with knee problems. There are a LOT of us out here who either already have or are in the process of ruining our knees. So, workouts without squats or lunges would be great.
I know the workouts for older adults at least show modifications, but there are only a few videos, and they are, in some aspects, not demanding enough. So, maybe you could create a set of workouts for people who are otherwise strong and in shape, but have to be very careful with their knees.
This is also one of the reasons it would be good to be able to slow down the dance videos. There can be a lot of torque applied to the knees when trying to turn and step quickly, especially if one is not yet familiar with the basic movement or sequence of movements. I am an ex-dancer, and if I am having problems doing this stuff safely, I’m pretty sure it’s a general problem.
App really could use some work.
I have a very physical job, I am on my feet some days just over 12 hours, usually no less than 10 - 6 days a week. I purchased my watch on New Year’s Day, I have worn it everyday at work. I am constantly walking, reaching, grabbing, squatting, bending and lifting. Maybe I don’t burn much more than 1200 calories a day, I don’t know. But, I do know that I exercise far longer than the app states, some days it barely logs 30 minutes other days it has over an hour. It also seems to start counting “Stand” the minute I touch the watch. In the mornings I put it on even while sitting, I accomplished an hour of standing. First fitness app I’ve used, it could use some work.
So to update my review: I have two watches the SE and the 7. Lately, I have started wearing both to work so that I can listen to music without completely killing the battery. Wear them on the same arm just the 7 is a bit higher up and I usually put it on 20 minutes or so after the SE. Yet for some reason the 7 continuously reports more calories burnt. The exercise time sometimes shows more on the 7 but the stand IS ALWAYS THE SAME! It seems as though stand starts counting from the minute I touch the watches, whether I’m wearing one or not, just place it on the charger and I’ve stood for an hour!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.