Get more done with the new Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad. Now more simple, secure and faster than ever, with help from Google built in.
NEW with iOS 14 - You can now set Chrome as your default browser. Follow the in-app prompt or go to Settings > Google Chrome to set Chrome as Default for all web links to automatically open in Chrome.
• SEARCH WITH GOOGLE - Chrome is the browser with Google built-in. Search and get answers on Google quickly.
• BROWSE FAST - Choose from personalized search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly browser previously-visited websites.
• SYNC YOUR CHROME - When you sign into Chrome, your bookmarks, saved passwords, and settings will be automatically synced so you can seamlessly access all your information from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
• VOICE SEARCH - Use Google voice search to get answers without typing.
• ARTICLES FOR YOU - Chrome surfaces articles, blogs, and content that we think you might like. The more you use Chrome, the more personalized it gets. So you’ll always have what’s most relevant to you at your fingertips.
• GOOGLE TRANSLATE - Chrome lets you translate an entire site in a single click with Google Translate built in.
• INCOGNITO MODE - Use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
Thanks for choosing Chrome! This version includes:
• On your iPad you can now have multiple windows of Chrome at the same time. Tap and hold a link, and then choose 'Open in new window'.
• A new feature in Settings, called safety check, allows you to check whether you’re on the latest version of Chrome, whether you have Safe Browsing enabled, whether you have any compromised passwords and, if so, how to fix them.
• Auto-fill is now more secure. To auto-fill your passwords, sign in again with face ID, touch ID or your passcode.
• Stability and security improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love Chrome but the new update is making things a hassle
Thanks for Update
Wow - just this morning (4/6/21) I went to a banking website using Chrome browser and I got a message on their main page telling me my Browser wasn’t up to date and advised that I use another Browser as their website might not work correctly with an outdated Browser. So I used Safari instead. Then I decided to check the App Store to see when the last version of Chrome was and the Chrome App said “Open” but when I clicked on it, it said “Update”. And it showed the new version was 21 hours ago. So of course I updated it. And now with the new version you can go to the Chrome menu, click on settings & now check for an update there! Finally - this was a long awaited feature. Now it is like the Chrome browser on the computer, where you can go into settings there to check for update. However I don’t know why I didn’t get a”badge” notification on the App Store app, like you do for all other Apps that need updated. Could be because Apple just hadn’t sent this to my ipad yet. Anyway I found this to be a crazy coincidence that the App would update on the very day I was using a website notifying me not to use the browser!
Not good enough!
I really want to use Chrome over Safari as that is the case on my macbook. I recently noticed Chrome has undergone some improvements, like being able to type a URL instead of a google search in the search bar so I thought I’d give it another try. After a few days , I’ve come to the conclusion this app is still not good enough. It loads pages faster than Safari, but lacks in many other aspects.
There is something about the Safari app that makes it easier to browse. Maybe it’s that as soon as you open a new tab, it has your favorite sites as opposed to the recent ones like on Chrome. Password auto fill doesn’t always work properly, swiping down to reload the page only works if you’re at the top of the page or it’s a 2step process - same thing to close a tab; in fact, everything feels like a two step process. The 3 swipe gestures (close, reload, new tab are practically useless),
Chrome is just not as user friendly as its counterpart. Today I was trying to search a keyword on a document, but Chrome wouldn’t let me tap on “find in page” so i had to open Safari to do it. So that was it, I have now switched back to Safari and I’m writing this review in hope that the app is improved!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 130.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Google Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.